Login |  Register |  FAQ

Ministorum Homeworld Defence Conclave List ver 1.2.1

Post subject: Re: Ministorum Homeworld Defence Conclave List ver 1.2.1
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had a game of Epic today. My Ministorum army vs Chris's Experimental Black Templar army he is developing.

I had

Cannoness leading 4Celestians, in 2 Repressors ,a Priest, an Immolator and a Hunter.
Palantine leading 4 Dominions in 2 Repressors
Palantine leading 8 Sistersin 3 Repressors, hunter, Priest.
Proctor leading 6 Arbitors in 3 Rhinos
Proctor leading 6 Arbitors in 3 Rhinos
Proctor leading 6 Shock Squads in 3 Repressors
5 Black Marias, Hunter
Lieutenant leading 9 Planetary Guard Squads in 5 Chimeras
3 Basilisks
2 Squadrons of 2 Avenger Strike Fighters.

The enemy had a Drop assault based strike force
A Lander, Deathstrike Drop Pod formation, 3 formations of Tactical and Neophite troops dropped in 5 Storm Ravens. One had a Dreadnought. 2 Squadrons of Fighter planes, a Spaceship, 2 formations of troops dropped in drop pods.

He set his spaceship to assault me on turn 2 so I could not put all my forces on Overwatch when he planetfell and unloaded his forces before engaging my troops.

I had a rough time outnumbered where he struck, but through a series of manoeuvres that allowed me to bring my forces to bear in numbers, some good saves and rolls for Faithful, as well as some bad rolls by him to hit me, I was able to even things up. We both lost our Supreme Commanders, however I had enough forces to deny objectives and take his BTS and another objective, while denying him some of mine (including my Blitz).

It was a bloody battle, as I lost the Basilisks, the shock troops, an arbitors Patrol, the Dominions, the Black Marias, and my Celestines with Cannoness. He lost his Deathstrikes drop pods, 2 of his storm raven dropped formations, a drop pod dropped assault formation, and half his aircraft. Many of his remaining formations were mauled badly, but he had enough to make me worry. I also had a couple formations left that could have broken if he concentrated on them.

This army had a balanced composition, and enough AA to make him worry about his assault forced being shot down.

The list lacked ranged artillery, and Titan killing weapons.

Profile Send private message