Login |  Register |  FAQ

Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World Proxima Army List 1.5 (VL)

Post subject: Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World Proxima Army List 1.5 (VL)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hy, i have made a Fan list for an Titan Legion (With Skitarii Support) and a Planetary defence Force .
I have removed all imperial army units to make the List different to Imperial Army List.(The imperial modells can be used if wanted).

The list are now totaly different to the other list and ahve all weapons they need from only Adeptus titanicus units .
And the ist are more focus on Skitarii/pretorians ground forces and Ordinatus minoris .(Super heavy Tanks can be used to represend the Ordinatus Minoris.)
The Planetary defence force a an only defence army and fight only in timers of great danger so i removed all imperial tanks and transport .to represent an infantry defence force with Super eavy high tech support Tanks .
i think it bring a good adeptus titanicus felling to fight with many skitarii and Pretorian formations and some heavy support . the ist are now without any imperial units (only aliies ) and can fight with artillery ,Tanks ,Air defence and pehaps a few transports .

The Titan Legion need no more the totaly displaced sentinels in the list toh have a cheap unit and can use there full weapons to fight .And the legion fight now more in the theme from the novel books from black libery .

please take a look on the list and give me some comment what do you think about the list.
this list are Variant List and will not replace the army champion list .Please give only comment to the list to make some changes possible .I have made the list to bring new ideas to army list special for the planetary defence force/Skitarii list.

thanks

Last edited by Tibernius on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Adeptus Mechanicus (Legio Invictus )New style List (Fanl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I haven't done a 1:1 comparison with the war griffins list, but from the top of my hear it looks mostly like you've removed all tanks and armor outside of the ordinatii and added transport capability to the ordinatii. There seems to be a bit of formation reordering too which I'm unsure about.

I don't think the skitarii century of just four units is necessary or even attractive in the list. You've also got forge knights and paladins in the unit summary but I don't see forge knights as an option in the list. I do like the beefier praetorians.

I'd also suggest that you include scout titans in the God machines rule. With it being limited to just battle titans the rule is a bit too weak.

Post subject: Re: Adeptus Mechanicus (Legio Invictus )New style List (Fanl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks for your post .
the style for the list is modern like the war griffon list but i have made some other changes to the old list , to give some other idees to the army.

You are right with the scout titans in t god mechanicus rules .I have changed it .

thanks please give me a comment

Post subject: Re: Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World Proxima (Variant List)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hy , her a my new variant list of the Adeptus titanicus Army List (Titan and planetary defence force ).
I have used all stats and Special rules from the original list.
My list fight without all Imperial Tanks (only as allies for Airplanes).
I think the ATML 3.19 is a very good list but with the imperial tanks the list look more like an Imperial elite Tank army.
The sentinels are the main scouts of the imperial Army fighting force ,these units are cheap and low tech .
The Macharius Tank is a Imperial Krieg Army frontline Tank for trench fighting, and it use a heavy stubber (very low tech ) .
With this list you can fight only with Real Adeptus titanicus Units.
Like Ordinatus ,Skitarii,Pretorians,Support Weapons,Knights,Titans,Orbital and air support.
You can fight with this army any way . you have artillery,Scouts,Tanks,Transport and good Infatry units.

I add in this list the option to field Lysander fighter 0-1 per per Carapace landing pad .
this unit can now be used as recon and to get one cheap activation. (You do not need more the low tech sentinell)

I have added one tech prist to the pretorian unit ,this mindless monsters need andvice from a tech prist too ,like the skitarii.

I have added the Paladin Knights to the allies section (the rules are taken from the Knight army list from the draft edtion(the adeptus stats for the other list too)

I think this give the Adeptus Titanicus a own style and make it real different to the imperial army list.
And these list comes near to the novels from Black libery .

Can this list get a net epic list? and how i can get a army/Sub Army champion?

please Read and try and give me some feedback.

thanks

Last edited by Tibernius on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hy, I have made this list as an variant list , but i have 3 ideas to made the list much better this is only optional and is not part of the varriant list .this are only my ideas and house rules (this has made the list a fan list and this is not what i want for the moment).

My ideas

I give the Pretorian a Second Autocannon (To make the pretrians to a real heavy support unit. In the normal rule they are good but lacks of firepower ).

I give the Ordinatus majoris the Option to use BP Weapons as Indirect fire Units.

I give the ordinatus minoris the Option to take Scout Titan Weapons and get so a Speed of 20cm (To give the adetus Titanicus Forge World Proxima Army a Infantry support or Attack unit.And the Ordiantus Minoris formation get the indirect fire ability if one Ordinatus majoris has selected one carapace Landing Pad.

Please give me a try what do you think about this Ideas/changes perhaps in the future
(If some One interested i can post the list with changes as fanlist).

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey, I've looked over your list again and I have a few comments. First, you mentioned that you'd adjusted the God Machines rule, but it seems the same as previous. I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Second, The current War Griffins list has the Corvus pod holding 10 stands with praetorians taking up 2 slots. It looks like with the smaller skitarii option you can only fit 5 in your corvus pods. Is there a reason behind that change? I think that it would be simpler to leave the stats alone for the Corvus and perhaps allow 0-2 per pod.

Last, I'm not entirely sure of the need to link the lysander to the CLP. If you are aiming for a cheap recon activiation I don't think this works very well since the big use of the sentinels is their scout ZOC to keep the larger stuff out of CC. It's also not really a cheap activation since it requires a specially configured titan. Unless you are trying to guarantee that people take artillery titans, it might be better to just allow it to be taken as a regular support slot.

I'll try to give you more later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hy,i have updated the rules today and bring it near to the original unit stats and special rules to make this list a variant list.I think this list looks good.(Please download this list again.

With the new good mechanicus rule it think the same like you i want to change it . but if i change a special rule from the original list is not more a variant list .(I place this on my optial rules for my fanlist.

I have have updated the list today . The corvus assault pod is on original stats and can transport in my list 10 Infantry units or five Pretorians or a mix of both .(i think this works )

with the lysander i thinked about the option many times . i think that the most titan legion players will use one Artillry titan .
so he can use one. if the lysander are free the some players makes army with only titans and lysanders to get high activations and a big airfleet. but you bring me to a new idea (perhaps it is a good middle way to make the lysander 2 per carapace landing pad or Warmonger titan .(My original idea foe the lysander was to see the lysander as an recon flyer for the tital legion ,for tatgeting dates for the titans.And not for a fighting plane (this is the reson why i linked it with the carapace landing pad)

What do you think about th e0-2 lysander per carapace landing pad.
Or perhaps better 0-2 per Army without the link to the carapace landing Pad.
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It looks "in character", with elite infantry, walkers of different sizes, and no vehicles apart from the Ordinati.

It looks like a difficult list to play, though, but if my schedule permits, I'll be happy to give it a try one day. You might want to find a way to increase the Titan allotment for the list, it would be in character for Mechanicus (even a PDF) to have more Titans than other armies.

The Lysander seems overpriced, unless I'm missing something? It's rather inferior to the T'bolt, costs as much and comes in a smaller formation (so it can't reliably be used to place a crucial blast marker on an enemy formation under AA, like a T'bolt pair can).

Minor nit: Is it intentional that core formations can take the same upgrade multiple times? Otherwise, you might want to write "... up to three different upgrades".

Is it intentional that only Skitarii can take upgrades?

Skitarii: It's not really a "demi-century" when there are only 6 stands...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hy, Thanks for your comment .
I think i change it to 1/2. (50%) of allies can work well.so ist come more to an adeptus mechanicus Charakter.
So ist can Player a combined Strike Force like in the Book Titan Storm . I will change ist in the List .you can Field INF,Ordinatus, knights And Titans.
I planend ths lysander Not as an fighting Unit . it is a Reconquista Fighter ( he can Usedom for groung Combat but only for Last Defence )the Main us is to get Cheap activations . I think 75 Points is the Minimum for an Independent Formation.
But an Option is to makes a Two lysander Formation for 100 Points.

I will change the Skitarii Demi against a pedatus Century.

Thanks i will made this changes to the List .
This afternoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hy, i have made an updated list .
Now the Planetary defence force can field 1/2 of the Army points on Titan ,Knight or Navy Units.
this will give the army the option to field a mixed force of Skitarii,Ordinatus,Titan and Knights.

The Skitarii and ordinatus are the main Defence force and the Titans and Knights are the Attack Force.

i have renamed the lysander Fighter to Corvus lander fot this name it gives a modell at it fit perfect to the army.
I put the Corvus Lander to 0-1 per corvus assault pad or Warminger titan .
my idea is thas the corvus lander is transported with the landing pad ,
and is used by the adeptus titanicus as artillery Spotter or recon unit.(It brings a cheap activation to the army.)
I have renamed the skitariii demi-Century to Pedatus-century .
i have replaced the last old imperial equitment (thunderbold fighter and marauder Bomber) for the new Lightning and Lightning Strike fighter .the fit perfect for the adeptus Mechanicus Army .thy are new over the top Aircrafts.

i think the the list looks very good for me at the moment .

thanks for the comment

please try the list and give me a feedback

Last edited by Tibernius on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here , are one sample list .
Planetary Defence Force
(This is only a sample army )
3000 Points
Core
1 x Skitarii Pedatus-Century 275 Points
1 x Skitarii Pedatus-Century 275 Points
Elite
1 x Ordinatus Majoris (Mars) 500 Points
1 x Ordinatus Minoris 550 Points
(2 x Quake Cannon)
(1 x Carapace Landing Pad ) (to use indirect fire for the formation)
Support
1 x Support Weapons 150 Points
1 x Pretorians 275 Points
1 x Ordinatus Minoris 250 Points
(Support Missile)
1 x Corvus Lander 75 Points
Allies
1 x 6 Paladin Knights 500 Points
1 x Lightning Fighter 150 Points

3000 Points
10 Activations
please leave me comment

thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tibernius wrote:
Hy, i have made an updated list .
i have renamed the lysander Fighter to Corvus lander fot this name it gives a modell at it fit perfect to the army.
I put the Corvus Lander to 0-1 per corvus assault pad or Warminger titan .
my idea is thas the corvus lander is transported with the landing pad ,
and is used by the adeptus titanicus as artillery Spotter or recon unit.(It brings a cheap activation to the army.)

I'm still not sure about its role; It's a sub-par aircraft as it is. If I want to boost activations I might as well take Lightenings.

How about giving it a special rule that fits the theme and background? Eg,

"Once per activation, a single on-board Lysander Fighter may Direct Fire. The activating formation receives a +1 To-Hit modifier when targeting enemy formations within 30cm of the Lysander Fighter using Indirect Fire. A Lysander Fighter may only Direct Fire once per turn. A Lysander Fighter that Jinks loses its ability to Direct Fire"

That would change its role completely, from a useless fighter to a clear and present, but fragile, danger. It synergizes very well with the Corvus Landing Pad, too. You can emphasize this role even further by reducing its weapons loadout; it's not a combat aircraft, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:07 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I would be wary of adding more special rules to the list. I don't think it's necessary, remember to use special rules as a last resort. I think that you are trying to solve a problem with the Lysander and Corvus lander that doesn't really exist and I think it's why your having difficulty. It's not really a cheap activation and I still don't see how it works in a recon roll since the CLP grants indirect fire. The Corvus lander can't hold ground and is generally inferior to the Lightning and both compete for a support slot. I think the idea was interesting but that the list would be unchanged if the corvus was removed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for your comments .

SpeakerToMachines thanks for your special rule its a very good idea . but i think Vaaish is right this special rules bring only confusion . the spotter and recon units are covered in the main indirect fire rules .
i think i will remove it in the next update .(perhaps i will test it this week again)

i have made two test games this week to test some thinks .
please let me now what do you think about this ideas.

must have
1. Pretorian are undergunned without one extra autocannon they are usless .
i planned to give tem a second autocannon to make it to a real support unit (every army has its support weapons units (Zb. lSpace marine devastors ) .
i think this fits perfect for the Pretorian and the adeptus mechanicus army.

Optional
2.the ordinatus minoris need the option to take scout weapons to bring a support Ordiantus to the army.

(If a Scout Titan Weapon is selected,increae the Ordinatus speed to 20cm.If one Carapace Landing Pad is selected ,all Ordinatus in the Formation gets the Indirect fire ability.)

Optional
3.The ordinatus majoris is missing the option to use BP weapon indirect
(If a BP weapon is selected,the Ordinatus get the indirect fire ability.)

I Things the List 1.2 can be Good Played but the Pretorias the the second autocannon.

please let me now what do you think

thanks

Last edited by Tibernius on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
1. Pretorian are undergunned without one extra autocannon they are usless .
i planned to give tem a second autocannon to make it to a real support unit (every army has its support weapons units (Zb. lSpace marine devastors ) .
i think this fits perfect for the Pretorian and the adeptus mechanicus army.

Praetorians cover a lot of ground so adding whatever weapon you want is justifiable, so long as it's balanced of course! I vaguely remember reading something with plasma cannons which could be an interesting option :)

Quote:
2.the ordinatus minoris need the option to take scout weapons to bring a support Ordiantus to the army.

(If a Scout Titan Weapon is selected,increae the Ordinatus speed to 20cm.If one Carapace Landing Pad is selected ,all Ordinatus in the Formation gets the Indirect fire ability.)

I don't think this is necessary. The core AMTL list simply allows the weapon to be selected from the War Griffins list so it already includes both scout and battle titan weapons as valid options. Either one will be immensely heavy and even vehicles like the Stormblade that are fitted the equivalent of a scout titan weapon still only moves at 15cm and doesn't even have the shield generators.

E&C has also said multiple times that if one unit in the formation has a CLP that the other units get indirect fire. It probably needs a clarification in the main AMTL doc.

Quote:
3.The ordinatus majoris is missing the option to use BP weapon indirect
(If a BP weapon is selected,the Ordinatus get the indirect fire ability.)

I think this is a little much to grant free indirect fire to the majoris. It does have access to the support missile and the Golgotha options in the core list. Both of those have indirect fire and are BP weapons. Giving free indirect fire means there is little reason to take the minorus company for artillery support since a majoris with two quake cannons or other BP weapons costs the same amount.