Login |  Register |  FAQ

ToEG - AdMech Skitarii

Post subject: ToEG - AdMech Skitarii
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On Apoc's call, my 2011 contribution will be 3000 pts of Skitarii, using the NetEA ATML list.

My army so far:

9 Hypasists + Tech Lord - 375 pts
5 Praetorians - 250 pts
6 Macharius tanks - 700 pts
4 Gorgons - 300 pts
6 Forge Knights (at least) - 375 pts
12 Sentinels - 300 pts

All of the above have been based and primed, but I don't which units I'll paint up for the August target.

Colours will be dark red and brass/gold with white markings and trimmings, classic AM. The Knights will be painted old school Griphon Legion with light grey base dappled white and blue trimmings with deep yellow machine parts.

I have most of my models at hand, using old knights, robots and dreadnought, kev-style infantry and otterware tanks. I'm still looking for suitable ordinatii and executioners, so tips will be welcome!

Pics will be following shortly! :)

And here's most of the stuuf in all its unpainted glory! The Knights are currently residing in my cupboard at the gaming club, so they'll have to wait.

I always base my vehicles for gaming reason (middle of base and all that), and the larger DC engines goes on a 40mm base, while I'm considering a 30mm washer for the Machs. The bases will be sorted out with some gs obviously.

Lovely robotty thingies

My Tech Lord - a mate had some spare SM characters, which was just perfect. I've managed to get some plastic TMs as well for the rest of the Tech Priests.

Praetorians - I need to make more of these ;D

Hypatists - I have enough for at last 10-15 bases more, thx Kev!

Only problem is that I'm currently painting up the rest of my Eldar, but I've arranged for an airbrush tutorial tomorrow, having a quite expensive airbrush for 6 six months in the drawer unused ::) So things should be able to move along a bit faster, since I always brushed paint on - also primer and varnish...

Cheers,
Thomas

Last edited by Oberst Lynild on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ToEG2011: Forgeworld Pons Orientem
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Oberst Lynild wrote:
I'm still looking for suitable ordinatii and executioners, so tips will be welcome!

ceimeifukan made some good minoris ordinatii using morrigu hulls last year, might be worth a look: viewtopic.php?p=387701#p387701

Looking forward to the pics :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
Oberst Lynild wrote:
I'm still looking for suitable ordinatii and executioners, so tips will be welcome!

ceimeifukan made some good minoris ordinatii using morrigu hulls last year, might be worth a look: viewtopic.php?p=387701#p387701

Looking forward to the pics :)

It's my ambition to actually finish the log this year, it's only been carrying on since 2009 :-\

FYI some people have had problems finding those vehicles, I got them from here and they still seem to be in stock

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/20302- ... p-552.html

I think THIS could also make a fairly intersting ordinatus conversion.

Can't wait to see what you come up with because I really need that last injection of inspiration to help me finish off my army.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thx guys, I've already scoured these forums for ideas, thinking the Morrigus a tad BT for my taste but a useful proxy none the less. Vaaish's scratch build minors are inspirational, but I consider making something even more dark, having decided to go for the KoB Armoured Battle Group for Dystopian Wars (just ordered it actually).
http://spartangames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_63&product_id=264

The plan is to cut up the larger tanks to make minor ordinatii and the main battle tank will be the base for a major ordinatus. I think the main challenge will be to scratch suitable weapons. I've tried to get some off E&C but no luck yet... (as well as executioners).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oberst Lynild wrote:
On Apoc's call, my 2011 contribution will be 3000 pts of Skitarii, using the NetEA ATML list.

My army so far:

9 Hypasists + Tech Lord - 375 pts
5 Praetorians - 250 pts
6 Macharius tanks - 700 pts
4 Gorgons - 300 pts
6 Forge Knights (at least) - 375 pts
12 Sentinels - 300 pts

Hi Thomas,

Not sure if you've seen but the latest version of the AMTL list is 3.19 (2.09 skitarii). I only mention as gorgons were dropped from the list but replaced with giving minori benefits for taking the corvus assault pod. The gorgon model of course is a great way to represent this but the points quoted will have changed somewhat.

Any thoughts of incorporating building some objectives into your plan? I know last year several people found knocking together an objective a nice breather from cranking out infantry?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IIRC the next update will have Chimeras, Gorgons and Chimera Variants per the Transport Poll in the AMTL Forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ceimeifukan wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Not sure if you've seen but the latest version of the AMTL list is 3.19 (2.09 skitarii). I only mention as gorgons were dropped from the list but replaced with giving minori benefits for
taking the corvus assault pod.

I know this was discussed, but primarily as a way of making the corvus an attractive option. I think and hope gorgons were kept for simplicity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks AoC for the good news. I haven't looked at the army lists forums for while. Will have to go check.

I also hope E&C keeps the Gorgons, since ... well now I've bought them, and I have no plans building an IG army :) There is however another army in the making ;)

Have to consider the Forgeworld name, Pons sounds a bit ponsy ::) But is derived from Eastbridge, my borough here in Copenhagen. Ostia VIII might be the alternative, but then I would feel compelled to write up a story on the Ostia system... Could be the starting point of a campaign though hmmm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug is currently in charge of the AMTL list, E&C has quit list development.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ceimeifukan wrote:
I think THIS could also make a fairly intersting ordinatus conversion.

Can't wait to see what you come up with because I really need that last injection of inspiration to help me finish off my army.

Oh I hadn't seen this one before, interesting! I'm also waiting for the EW cloaked infantry (can't remember what they're called, noticed them on Tom Webbs blog back in early Spring. Waiting patiently :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ceimeifukan wrote:
Any thoughts of incorporating building some objectives into your plan? I know last year several people found knocking together an objective a nice breather from cranking out infantry?

Only one I've tought of is some sort of furnace. Could also go for some mining contraption, based on what ever minoris hull I decide on. I've also eyed some of the AdMech illustrations in the Horus Heresy Collected Visions. Nice book btw...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zombocom wrote:

I thought it was just a break/Holiday?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
zombocom wrote:

I thought it was just a break/Holiday?

From what I gather he's taking a break from the forums but stepping away from rule development indefinitely.

Post subject: Re: ToEG2011: Forgeworld Ostia VIII
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Skits based, primed, undercoated and actually based coated red (but not in this pic), will try and finish them up this week.

Played a 4 player game last night with 6000 pts per side. We rolled dice for allies and my Eldar allied an IG player, playing for his first time. Playing a homemade scenario activating both allied armies at the same time proved very entertaining and very destructive - my Guardian host took out a Warlord titan in ff in turn 1 (it imploded due a reactor breach, but a cas none the less :) I'll link photos when my mate posts them.

Thanks for looking, I'll post a proper update next time! And nice to see such activity in this ToEG!!

Cheers,

Post subject: Re: ToEG2011: Forgeworld Ostia VIII
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

UPDATE WITH PAINTED MINIS!!! Huzzah!

Half of this months target is now finished. 12x Sentinel proxys - how lovely they are, these small robotty thingies - and there's a couple of CONTEMPTOR dreads in there as well :) Enjoy!

After painting some 200+ Squat and Eldar units over the last year, I've picked up some valuable knowlegde about painting in this scale. This time around I've tried to clean up my paintjob, keep the palet even simpler and made details recognisable to the scale.

I'm contemplating to add highlight to the red (a toned up brown + some jackbone or such), but I also quite like the basic red w. badab and then another base colour. What do you guys think? Highlight to make 'em pop?