Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

New Supplements - Read if you have dreams to make your own

Post subject: New Supplements - Read if you have dreams to make your own
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Gentlemen,

Now that Raiders 2.0 and Siege are completed, I would like to get an idea as to where things are for other supplement efforts. I want this information for a number of reasons having to do with ordering shipping supplies, account management with the printer, and just out of plain curiosity. We had a thread out there before covering this topic but I can't find it.

Go ahead and reply to this thread with something like this:
Name: SUPPLEMENT NAME (this can be a WIP name obviously)
Armies: PLANNED ARMIES (or whatever book is going to contain, such as scenarios)
Team Members: (this would be a list of the main people working on the project)
Estimated Completion Date: YOUR BEST GUESS
*Content completed, working on layouts now
*More than half-way done with content
*Less than half-way done with content
*Preliminary work (sketch-ups, notes, etc.)
*Just ideas and big plans!
Notes: Anything else you think might be helpful. You can use this as an opportunity to ask for help, voice concerns, whatever.

Designers: This will also be an excellent tool for keeping the Army Champs and NetERC informed and making sure we aren't stepping on each other's toes. Please bear in mind that NOBODY here owns these lists or this IP. We're all a community of players and volunteers working toward a common goal. Having books in hand -even in the electronic age- is a great way to keep the game alive and lends legitimacy to the community here.

It is entirely possible to design teams may want to use the same army list. I suggest that the AC be contacted in such cases.

Content: If you are not sure about what can go into a supplement, look at Games-Workshop's IP Guidelines.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=3&aId=3900002&start=4
If you are still not sure, contact me. We are working with derivative IP, which simply means we don't own it and we can't profit from it.

The rule for me printing supplements is this: DON'T POKE THE TIGER. When Raiders originally came out I contacted their Legal Department multiple times and they failed to ever correspond back. That doesn't give us carte blanche to do as we wish. It just means that they are not exercising their rights and more than likely they are placing themselves in a position of plausible deniability. That's fine with me. I've never hidden any of this work. I showed copies of the books to GW managers at Games Day and even gave Jervis Johnson a copy. But I also followed the IP guidelines as closely as possible and explicitly encouraged people to buy GW products in the book. Yeah, it's butt kissing, I know. However, if I can deal with it so can you. ;D

Timeline: I've got two years and two supplements to go before my printing account needs to be re-negotiated. This could have profound effects on costs, so if you want your supplement printed for a reasonable price, get cracking! I'm going on a first come, first serve basis.

ACs and NetERC members: Try to stay in the loop on this. So far the lists printed in supplements have represented a minority of players. As things move into the more commonly used lists (such as Tau, Tyranids, etc.) it is important that you stay in contact with the people making the supplements. I don't think we need any rules or regulations, just a general sense of awareness. I am going to be running all these supplement efforts past the appropriate ACs and NetERC members in the final stages, but if you have a problem with how something is being designed it would be best to tell the creative team as early as possible or, better yet, help them.

Thanks!

Last edited by Moscovian on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Supplements - All hands on deck!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll start!

Name: Epic: Xenos
Armies: Squats x 2 (Thurgrimm's Stronghold and Demiurg), Tyranid Variant, Inquisition (Ordos Xenos)
Team Members: Moscovian, ePilgrim, Jaldon454, LordInquisitor, and Chroma
Estimated Completion Date: September 2011

Notes: I need help with the Tyranids, plain and simple. I've got some very solid ideas on what I want the list to look like but I'm willing to work with people. Chroma, I know you are the AC for Tyranids but I need somebody who is going to give this variant list a lot of attention as it needs to fit in with the story we are writing.

Players of any of the above lists should feel free to contact me directly with candid feedback on the lists. Ex. If you love the Squats but hate the lists, I better not hear about it after I publish! The rule of my house applies to this book - you snooze, you lose. I cannot possibly make everyone happy when it comes to the Squats (or Tyranids for that matter) but I can certainly do my best to accommodate your concerns.

I need artwork! Unlike most of the 40K universe, there is not a lot of Squat artwork out there. If you see Squat pictures, have your own sketches you want to share, or have talent to make your own, please let me know. I am starved for pretty pictures. I also need army pictures for the supplement.

Last edited by Moscovian on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

You were looking at doing a Phase III list for this right?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
You were looking at doing a Phase III list for this right?

Yup! See here:
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19198

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name: Epic : Gods of War (Temp name)
Armies: Adeptus Mechanicus Titan Legion, Ad-Mech Skitarii PDF, Knight Household, Attilan Rough Riders, and a metric ton of Ork lists. Possibly a cameo appearance by an Eldar Titan list too.
Team Members: E&C, plus relevant army champions (Nealhunt, Tiny-Tim, Rug).
Estimated Completion Date: ~May 2011
Status: Less than half-way done with content (Less than a tenth, in fact, but content writing has begun)

Notes: Reinforced Binding, Transport (~10 army lists).

Post subject: Re: New Supplements - Read if you have dreams to make your o
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Non Epic things allowed?

Warp Rift
Project Distant Darkness
Eldar MMS

GothiComp Hall of Fame
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=19176

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:51 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Name: Epic: Nemesis
Armies: Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, other "Chaos v X" pairs
Team Members: Dobbsy and nealhunt, eventually adding other champs as needed
Estimated Completion Date: at least 6 months
Status: Half-way done with content on first mini-supplement.

Notes: The plan is to start with "mini-supplement" pairs that contain 2 opposed army lists and 1-3 scenarios. Unless Dobbsy has some PoD plans cooking, the mini-supplements will be pdf only. Eventually, we plan to combine 2-3 mini-supplements into a larger package.

Other possible pairs, in order of ease of completion, would be:

• Ulthwe v Emperor's Children - lists mostly done, mainly need scenarios and final testing
  • Witch Hunters v Alpha Legion/Cultists - development lists
  • Imperial Fists v Iron Warriors - using Apocrypha as a "siege SM" list for IF, one development list and one with several fan-list draft versions

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

These are just ideas at 6.15am in the morning without much thought so please, take them lightly and please suggest alternatives - I am open to anything at the moment

==============================================

Name: Unknown
Armies: World Eaters (Emperor's Children) - Unsure about anything at this time but open to Grey Knights, Death Guard, Salamanders or Relictors, Imperial Fists - other ideas (Sisters), maybe some type of Imperial force?
Team Members: Unknown - probably the AC of each list
Estimated Completion Date: Unknown : Nothing started - just considering ideas at this point

Notes: Idea is to have a galaxy overun (already) with a large push by the Choas forces into the fringes of Imperial Space. These forces have already 'divided' up their regions. Forces from immediate sectors that are available converge to push the Chaos forces back to retake what was once theirs.

It would be good to have what I see as opposite forces against each other in an epic (excuse the pun) supplement. Maybe it is too big as stated above however here are the reasons
- World Eaters vs an adversary like the Grey Knights with Sisters/Relictors maybe helping to defend a few worlds - just an idea, I am not sure if ACs are even interested - if CC vs CC is boring people, perhaps some other force? Open to any ideas.
- Emperor's Children vs Imperial Fists (decadence vs staunch loyalty)
- Death Guard vs Salamander (corruption vs the cleansing heat)

Help! :)

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

blackhorizon wrote:
Non Epic things allowed?

I would like to stick to Epic, but if you have something really cool (I am guessing BFG) you know I'll help out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've always wanted to do a mech supplement. However realistically it wouldn't be until after Christmas that I got any time! Would be based during the armeggedon war.
Name: Mech stuff
Armies: Salamanders, Mechanised Imperial Guard, Infantry Guard (these two being very simple variant lists, one with fast assets, the other without, i tried them out way back when) vs ? Orks? They were fighting the forces arriving by rock, so maybe some kind of drop ork army - wouldn't know where to start though! Alternatively just stick kult of speed in as the opposing fast Ork force.
Team Members: Who knows!
Estimated Completion Date: Christmas 11 depending on family!
*Preliminary work (sketch-ups, notes, etc.)

Also I'd love to see Dark Angels somewhere. But then again maybe they should be in a supplement all by themselves :)

The fighting pair I'd really like to see would be a well done Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists match up. Iron Warriors being the only chaos list I really like working with! (Is great if you can add 2 basilisks from first edition in as a retinue upgrade!)

Second would be Cadians vs Black legion. Quite easy as one has been done :) However the Cadian list has always been a bit divisive - I've always envisaged it using a lot of the older non enclosed guard kit, so armour 6+ basilisks, options to add them to formations as assault guns and so on. An alternative enemy would be a less corrupt L&D set up.

Something I'd like to see but wouldn't do :) is 'Renegades and traitors' or some such. The astral claws or whatever they are called now as a renegade marine chapter, some sort of force of human reavers, then maybe something Eldarry and/or a pdf.

Oh and of course Epic supplements for DRM and Exodus wars ranges! (Yes yes, I know.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
The astral claws or whatever they are called now as a renegade marine chapter

They renamed themselves the Red Corsairs, fled to the Maelstrom, and had an army list written by Blacklegion. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Which was of course was the highlight of their flight :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists

Draw guns at 90cm :D

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Name: Epic: Maelstrom
Armies: Red Corsairs, Crimson Bondsmen, ElysianDrop Troops(?), Salamanders (?)
Team Members: Me and hopefully the correspondend ACs.
Estimated Completion Date: Uhmm...2015?
Notes: Well i have the basic outlines of the planet they will fight over. Still need lots of pictures and other stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Still need lots of pictures and other stuff.

My advice is that you won't get any pictures until you've started working on the story. Once the story is starting to flow, you'll get people popping up offering various types of help.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next