Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NetEA Blood Angels V3.1 List

Post subject: Re: NetEA Blood Angels V3.1 List
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Sounds like a well balanced game. I like that you can build a variant of traditional competative marine lists, but clearly still has it's own flavor. Tough break on the turn 3 Thawk activation failure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

yeah it would have most likely gone completely differently if the damn thunderhawk had activated!

next time I'm going to try embedding some stormravens into assault marines to carry some dreads around and see how they fare.... might be also worth not maxing out the death company, I find that even though they hit like a tonne of bricks, they just don't have enough resilience, I've clearly not figured them out yet.... might also be worth breaking out the landing craft and Baal preds!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll be getting in a few games with the BA at NEAT. I'll try to get some thoughts together for feedback.

Question on Red Thirst: I'm not sure how to account for it, so please let me know if this is correct.

My understanding is that 1) if a FM of BA that has the ability to get into base to base contact with enemy units with 1 or more units, that FM takes a -1 penalty to activate on any action besides an engage; and 2) An engage action always passes IF 1 or more units can get into BtB.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

That is correct :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave and I were discussing this yesterday - does this cover rhinos and other vehicles as well? How does this interact with the Lucifer engine rule, e.g., what about the extra 5cm on the preds? If I'm within 35cm of an enemy, do they take the -1 to do anything other than an engage?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:43 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

It should only cover specific 'blood angels' units, so does not affect vehicles, it should only apply to infantry of the 'blood angels (x)' variety and the death company, I'll modify the list to clarify when I get five mins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i expect that's dreads as well?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played against Blood Angels with Minervans last Saturday. I didn't know it was still in need of feedback and it was at the NEAT tourney so I didn't think too much about the balance save to see how to kill it.

I won 2-0 in Turn 4 and did so by treating them like any other Marine army. The lack of AT weapons really hurt them due to being up against all AVs and WEs.

The auto-engage rule seems pretty potent though I ended up winning when it was used (beware Stromhammers in support fire range). I didn't see the flip side of it and, honestly I don't see a -1 on a 1+ Init army being much of a drawback anyhow.

Stormravens being skimmers was unexpected. I figure they would be aircraft and replace T-hawks.

1+ Aircraft always enrage me when playing guard but the underperformed against T-bolts. 200 pts seems like the minimum you'd want them to cost but they may need to upgun to be more like T-Bolts. 1+ is great turn 1 and 3, but turn 2 its a minor advantage against any army with AA.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:59 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

scarik wrote:
I played against Blood Angels with Minervans last Saturday. I didn't know it was still in need of feedback and it was at the NEAT tourney so I didn't think too much about the balance save to see how to kill it.

I won 2-0 in Turn 4 and did so by treating them like any other Marine army. The lack of AT weapons really hurt them due to being up against all AVs and WEs.

would you say that was specifically a blood angels issue or more generally applicable to marines? I never find a lack of AT fire in marine armies that limiting, against AV/WE heavy armies, it's generally better to engage and use hackdowns to bypass RA rather than throwing AT shots at it, I think BA have AT options in the storm ravens formation which kind of replaces the predator annihilator

Quote:
The auto-engage rule seems pretty potent though I ended up winning when it was used (beware Stromhammers in support fire range). I didn't see the flip side of it and, honestly I don't see a -1 on a 1+ Init army being much of a drawback anyhow.

Given that I've lost games because of a failed initiative roll at a crucial moment (both in tournaments and in test games, I'll respectfully disagree that it isn't much of a drawback ;) but I'm certainly open to suggestions on it)

Quote:
Stormravens being skimmers was unexpected. I figure they would be aircraft and replace T-hawks.
I'm pretty sure they've been settled as skimmers for a long time now so I'm just trying to not shake things up

Quote:
1+ Aircraft always enrage me when playing guard but the underperformed against T-bolts. 200 pts seems like the minimum you'd want them to cost but they may need to upgun to be more like T-Bolts. 1+ is great turn 1 and 3, but turn 2 its a minor advantage against any army with AA.

again we're back to the question of reliability, the 1+ int means they can be relied upon completely in a crucial situation unlike tbolts which have the habit of failing to fly on and break a crucial formation right at the least opportune moment..... I agree their firepower is a bit weak, I'd personally prefer to upgun the twin heavy bolters to 30cm as that's how they are in the EUK Black Templars list and the sky hasn't fallen yet, it means you can more easily avoid defensive flak when intercepting, and snipe stuff from further out when avoiding ground flak.... in fact I think I will push that to the ERC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:

Given that I've lost games because of a failed initiative roll at a crucial moment (both in tournaments and in test games, I'll respectfully disagree that it isn't much of a drawback ;) but I'm certainly open to suggestions on it)

That's the life of an Epic commander. My Maruaders failed twice with SC re-roll in this very game and my T-bolts often remain in the pilots' lounge when they should be fighting.

O0

Quote:
again we're back to the question of reliability, the 1+ int means they can be relied upon completely in a crucial situation unlike tbolts which have the habit of failing to fly on and break a crucial formation right at the least opportune moment..... I agree their firepower is a bit weak, I'd personally prefer to upgun the twin heavy bolters to 30cm as that's how they are in the EUK Black Templars list and the sky hasn't fallen yet, it means you can more easily avoid defensive flak when intercepting, and snipe stuff from further out when avoiding ground flak.... in fact I think I will push that to the ERC

30cm makes them closer to Eldar flyers which are 100pts each and cause riots when you try to allow them in pairs. In that case I think you ought to consider 225pts and Armor 5+ if they don't have it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:13 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Given nightwings have a 4+ save, are fighters rather than fighter bombers, and have Lance on one of their shots, I don't think storm talons are going to take their crown any time soon :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
Given nightwings have a 4+ save, are fighters rather than fighter bombers, and have Lance on one of their shots, I don't think storm talons are going to take their crown any time soon :)

They will when the Nightwings don't show up! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:10 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Given that the Death Company Dreadnought upgrade is only available for the Death Company which is a relatively small and expensive formation I’ve found (at least playing the EUK BA list) that it really isn’t worth any more than a regular Furiso despite the extra special rules. The loss of flexibility more than compensates for the special rules, especially when you consider that all Dreadnought variants in general are quite expensive and not an optimal addition in any marine list (without saying they should be cheaper!).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'm inclined to agree

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next