Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

WORLD Championship. 2019. Glasgow, Scotland. 21/9/19

Post subject: Re: WORLD Championship. 2019. Glasgow, Scotland. 21/9/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:08 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I have been checking the work calendar and should be able to come to this if spaces are still available

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A question about a specific list: Would it be possible to count Lost and the Damned towards Imperial Guard as well as Chaos? It does have aspects of both

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

"A question about a specific list: Would it be possible to count Lost and the Damned towards Imperial Guard as well as Chaos? It does have aspects of both"
Not sure I understand the question, - sorry.
Once we have teams arranged, I will speak with the captains about what list options there shall be.
We haven't given that huge thought yet, and with so many exciting new lists being designed and changed, I'd rather wait before ruling anything out.
I would though suggest you get a few practice games in with L&D, I tried playing them and just couldn't get it to work, I think somethings missing - but that may be me :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Right, so the issue here is that each team can't pick armies that are from the same "group"...: Can't have 2 guys playing different Space Marine chapters, or 2 playing Biel-Tan and Iyanden.

The question here is if Chaos Cultists (LatD) should be counted in the same group as Chaos Space Marines, or if they should be treated as 2 separate groups. I think so, since LatD is way more different from Black Legion than Dark Eldar are from Craftworld Eldar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Monkeyboy wrote:
So, there is a lot of interest but especially for those who may be traveling a long way it is worth crystallising some teams.

What is the latest from across the Atlantic and Oz?

I have not rode the trains in the UK since 98. Is 1st class from London up the Scotland on the train worth it? I would most likely ride the over night up.

thanks
mattie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

m_folais wrote:
Monkeyboy wrote:
So, there is a lot of interest but especially for those who may be traveling a long way it is worth crystallising some teams.

I have not rode the trains in the UK since 98. Is 1st class from London up the Scotland on the train worth it? I would most likely ride the over night up.

thanks
mattie

It's a very subjective thing, I guess it would depend on the the trains on that line are fine in standard class, but 1st is obviously quieter and more comfortable, which during rush hour would make a big difference. I personally do spend the extra when it is cheap, it used to be that you could upgrade on the train itself for £10, now I think it is £25 and maybe only on the weekend. Not convinced it is worth it for that.

However the overnight is a whole different kettle of fish, it's more like a hotel, this is obviously a lot more than a seat so not really comparable. I gather there are new trains this year and you can't book 'half a sleeper cabin' any more, so it'll be quite expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Kyrt wrote:
m_folais wrote:
Monkeyboy wrote:

thanks
mattie

It's a very subjective thing, I guess it would depend on the the trains on that line are fine in standard class, but 1st is obviously quieter and more comfortable, which during rush hour would make a big difference. I personally do spend the extra when it is cheap, it used to be that you could upgrade on the train itself for £10, now I think it is £25 and maybe only on the weekend. Not convinced it is worth it for that.

However the overnight is a whole different kettle of fish, it's more like a hotel, this is obviously a lot more than a seat so not really comparable. I gather there are new trains this year and you can't book 'half a sleeper cabin' any more, so it'll be quite expensive.

I think it said 40 pounds coach and 70 for 1st

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Firstly, L&D, - I agree, they are a long way from Chaos. In the epic uk, they don't feature in the Chaos SM codex. So unless anyone heavily objects, Im happy for them to be viewed seperate.

Now trains.... Virgin highspeed. I think it's about 3 hours London to Glasgow, with a bar and a quiet coach. I once did the 'sleeper' it was like Benadorm without the sun or beach, everyone was sht faced and fighting, it was a terrible night. Really don't do that to yourself.
Also worth checking flights as they can be really cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

m_folais wrote:
Monkeyboy wrote:

thanks
mattie
As someone who Amtrak-ed around the North East of the States a few years ago I can say that UK trains are waaaay quicker.

Standard Class on Virgin Trains (who operate the West Coast mainline between London Euston and Glasgow) is perfectly fine. You may want to select a quiet coach if you like to guarantee a peaceful journey. 1st class might be a nice treat, but is not important.

The critical thing is to book in advance though. Ticket prices booked well in advance are much, much cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

m_folais wrote:
Kyrt wrote:
m_folais wrote:
Monkeyboy wrote:

thanks
mattie

I think it said 40 pounds coach and 70 for 1st
I'm being a dumbass, it's the LNER line to Edinburgh (up the east coast) that I am thinking of.

I personally wouldnt bother with the upgrade at that price, it doesn't take all that long anyway and Virgin west coast tickets are cheap if bought in advance in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks boys appreciate it!

But the fighting and shitface dumpster fire ride calls back to the sub days

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would like to register a Renegades, Dogs of War, Oddball or whatever you may call it team.

"Cool Team Name" aka "Warmaster was off this weekend"
Largo_W (Captain)
Spike
Apocolocynthosis (hope I typed right)
Norto
Germany - UK - UK - Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:00 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Dan 1314 wrote:
Once we have teams arranged, I will speak with the captains about what list options there shall be.
We haven't given that huge thought yet, and with so many exciting new lists being designed and changed, I'd rather wait before ruling anything out.

I think this is important to know up front, as some teams will from based on who can bring what armies. This is a significant travel for some attendees that needs arranging in advance, so If you can arrange some of the softer issues sooner that might be helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'd like to attend. I believe m_folias and gunslinger are the only other Americans in the mix. We talked about joining Norto to make a Colonials team.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

if Norto takes the offer of the German-UK-UK-Aus coalition, I've got an American wife and both my kids are English-Yankee hybrids, I could renounce my country and queen for a tournament ;)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next