Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic UK Adeptus Titanicus (2018) Codex

Post subject: Epic UK Adeptus Titanicus (2018) Codex
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The latest Epic-UK Codex is released today.

Codex Adeptus Titanicus

This is an army list dedicated to allow those returning to the game with only the new AT models to crossover and play Epic Armageddon. As such there are no infantry and vehicle support options nor aircraft. Titans and Knights stride alone.

The list can be found here.

As always comments are always welcome.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Epic UK Adeptus Titanicus (2018) Codex
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awesome! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, yeah the ruleset looks pretty good and im looking forward to using it.

One thing that's on my mind is when to allow people to use them in epic armageddon tournaments.

Some people only have the old style titans and not everyone is likes the new ones, so what to do in a competition when players come up against each other. One has the larger scale titans, which are hard to hide behind any terrain and the other has the original ones that can hide behind small buildings.

There a distinct advantage to the person with the smaller titans

In my case i plan to not allow the new ones in competitions unless its a pure AT one.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hypostatic wrote:
Some people only have the old style titans and not everyone is likes the new ones, so what to do in a competition when players come up against each other. One has the larger scale titans, which are hard to hide behind any terrain and the other has the original ones that can hide behind small buildings.

Bear in mind that this is for EpicUK events, which are almost universally run with all terrain being infinitely tall and LoF-blocking, so this is less of an issue than it would be in other metas.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm very happy to play against new players with Adeptus Titanicus armies!!!! :)

They will work fine on Epic UK tournaments.

Now where did I put those Zzzzap Gunz?!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Extremely useful indeed!!!

The warp missile seems way more powerful than in other lists...

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

hypostatic wrote:

One thing that's on my mind is when to allow people to use them in epic armageddon tournaments.

In my case i plan to not allow the new ones in competitions unless its a pure AT one.

Small titans can hide, big titans have a bigger ZoC and can more easily hold multiple objectives, it evens out.... actually the new bigger titans may even have the edge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lord-bruno wrote:
Extremely useful indeed!!!

The warp missile seems way more powerful than in other lists...

The warp missile is pretty darn powerful, but should be noted is utterly useless in some match ups (eg sisters of battle). We’re keeping a close eye on it though, any feedback gratefully received.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Also don't quite get the logic: a player with the new titans is at a disadvantage, so you won't allow them to play?

Will be interesting to see how many new players do make the cross over from AT because of this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Worth mentioning that some people have been using some mahoosive titans even before AT. Personally I find them ridiculous looking but let's face it, they arent harming anyone. If they were causing an unfair advantage it would be a different story.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to see the list! Knights are costed expensive enough that I'm not keen to use them personally, but I quite fancy running trying the titans with the different weapons (the Meltas seem strong for one) and running a 4 Reaver plus Warhound list now a Warlord is no longer compulsory. I like that the Warlord weapons have been up gunned a bit more to make the unit more competitive.

The new Warp Missile is more powerful than the Net-EA version, however it's direct fire only as a downside.

hypostatic wrote:

There are also advantages to the larger bases too - you could clump 2 or 3 objectives together at a sort of distance where a larger AT model can just about capture 2 or 3 at once, but where a titan on a 60mm base couldn't.

I don't think you should be restricting what models people can use. Why needlessly put off a large base of potential new players? Epic already has scales all over the place - compare the original Thunderhawk model to the Forge World one and the FW model covers an area of the table several times bigger than the original model, even more of a size increase than the new AT models. Personally I've been playing a epic for decades and I sold off my old titans and bought 12 of the new AT titans to use in Epic (I will dabble with playing AT but have minimal interest), I'd be pissed if I wanted to go to a tournament that disallowed them. I'm glad Epic-UK are fine with them.

Last edited by GlynG on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Epic UK won’t be restricting models based on scale unless someone comes up with something really gamey. As Glyn says, the system takes into account a massive range of scales for models which have been released over the years. The primary motivation for creating this list was to allow people to use their new toys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Frankly, I don't give a damn about base sizes.

I do care that loads of people have bought sexy new models for a game I love that means I can challenge them to a game of Epic.

The last time there were new models from GW we could use in Epic was something like 20 years ago.

This is massively positive news.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some of thoose new knight rules should find their way into the existing knight list. The TSKNF-ish rule or the Knightshield save would be great to add.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
Some of thoose new knight rules should find their way into the existing knight list. The TSKNF-ish rule or the Knightshield save would be great to add.

I really hope they don't! :( The knights in the new AT list have been made better but WAY more expensive so one can be a formation on it's own to keep activation numbers up but this isn't needed in the knight list. I gather a design goal of the AT list was to make the Grandmaster boxed set a legal 3k game army if someone bought just that (though this seemed superfluous to me as anyone interested enough to have painted up a full GM set and be gaming with it would surely have added other models too). 6 Palladins in the AT list costs a whopping 1050 compared to the usual 500 in the Knight and Skitarii lists.

I've bought and part painted an army of 30 x forum knights to use at 3k tournaments later in the year (can squeeze 30 in at 3k and sod other elements oddly in the Epic list, IMO a knights army should be pure knights and not have allied PDF infantry and vehicles along with it). It'll struggle competitively against some lists having no AA whatsoever (nor any scouts or infantry to be able to enter buildings) but it's more about it being an impressive sight on the tabletop (plus I like running lists in unusual directions others haven't tried). I'd be gutted if the knights in the existing knight list were 'improved' and made more expensive in the process so my army build is no longer possible.