Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Intrigued as to how psi titans will be portrayed

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

schoon wrote:
[*]They have more Titans in the works
  • One scout lighter than Warhound
  • Between Warhound and Reaver
  • Between Reaver and Warlord
  • Between Warlord and Imperator

Titans are one of things that I don't know the lore for quite as well, but...huh? Have any of these been mentioned before? I know there are beeefy knights that could fit that first point, but other than that seems a bit out of left field. Are they just replying on something like, 'the four standard titan classes are all that have remained common in the 41st millenium, but the days of the Heresy were a Wild West of designs'?

Honestly makes me less interested in AT if they're going to be constantly expanding with new titans as opposed to things like weapon options, campaigns, stratagems, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good news from that talk! Sounds promising for future releases! Lots of new titans there.

Psi-titans already have background and rules in one of the 40k Horus Heresy books. Might have been the one where they burnt Prospero? They now just have one variant weapon and a different head.

Quote:
Are they just replying on something like, 'the four standard titan classes are all that have remained common in the 41st millenium, but the days of the Heresy were a Wild West of designs'?

Various other titans have been mentioned / named in the lore and they'll likely re-use old names with new models.
The titans will also definitely be added in to 40k too. GW retrospectively add new things in to the universe all the time! The BL novel Cadia Stands! mentioned a Jackal scout titan and that other novel mentioned another titan (Hunter?).

edited to add: I wonder if the Epic-UK and/or Net-EA communities will create rules in time for the new titan types? They could add more options to currently sparse titan lists. I have 9 of the AT titans (mainly to use in Epic) and I'd probably only buy any of the new titans if Epic rules were made for them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

NoisyAssassin wrote:
Honestly makes me less interested in AT if they're going to be constantly expanding with new titans as opposed to things like weapon options, campaigns, stratagems, etc.

Actually everything you mentioned there HAS been a confirmed thing they're doing and Andy even gave details to the nature of the size and style of the publications (FW black books ~100 pages). They even have an employee that last week is dedicated to upgrade and expansion kits (they gave the name but I forgot who it was). The new titans are on Andy's wishlist of things to do. So you know... :nooo

Stormwind wrote:
Intrigued as to how psi titans will be portrayed

Probably like they were from the latest HH black book (#7 iirc) I suspect. Considering just how massively Psi-Titans got a retcon it's a really minor thing for them to produce, at least from a modeling kit perspective.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

More titan type seems they will push the titan v. titan v knights v. knights game before/if they do anything else. E.g. vehicles, infantry, etc. , which has and continues to be the assumption we have heard AFAIK ... :-\

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4 wrote:
More titan type seems they will push the titan v. titan v knights v. knights game before/if they do anything else. E.g. vehicles, infantry, etc. , which has and continues to be the assumption we have heard AFAIK ... :-\

and which will continue to keep me un-interested in spending money on the game

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Me Too ! ;D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So can we keep this thread alive by thoose who is actually interesed in the AT18 game and models? If you're not gonna play the game or buy the models your thoughts and opinions are very uninteresting. If you have a need for constantly whining about GW and their products/releases maybe you can start your own "why i hate GW and eveything they do" thread and let the rest of us actually discussing the game and it's future releases!

Enough already, ok?

I'm certainly looking forward to the Titandeath release. The fluff-conservative in me is very sceptic to the new Titans though. But hey, maybe they bring something new and positive to the game? So far this game has been great!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was VERY specific about what I said. I deliberately DIDN’T say “and which will continue to keep me un-interested in the game” because I AM interested in what happens with the game, just not interested in buying it until they expand it to full forces.

Also didn’t complain about GW at all. They have done an amazing job of turning things around in the past few years.

So maybe chill.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ForgottenLore wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:

and which will continue to keep me un-interested in spending money on the game

This just don't contribute at all to the disscusion about the actual game. If you don't like it then let it be. I don't see the pount at all about disscusing a game you're not interested in playing/supporting. It will just be the same argument over and over. It's not mandatory to play/support the game.
Don't like it? Turn your focus to another ruleset you actually care about...

So no, i wont "chill".

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Then get yourself appointed as a moderator and ban me. This is a thread for the discussion of news related to this game and I am allowed to express my opinion of that news.

Deal with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was really hoping they would surprise us in “Orktober” with some sort of Gargant tease but hey ho, I can go back to dreaming.

Looks like some of the transfers are good to slot onto the blank middle-section shoulder plates, which will make the crazier hazard stripes of Legio Ignatum much easier, if they choose to do the zig-zag pattern. I had to get quite creative when cutting up masking tape to try to re-create the pattern on my warlords.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I honestly think that it will be back to back loyalist and renegade titan parts and knight variants for years to come. If you look at the forge world releases it seems there's an endless appetite for ever so slightly different variants and weapon types or different households. It makes business sense for them to do that rather than change the game by adding in non human elements.

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh I agree, it makes good business sense. There’s been quite a lot of positive energy in the community around the latest 40k Ork releases. I just got caught up in that and allowed myself to hope, Forge World has some stunning Ork kits so there is enough of the right people there to get the models right if the bigger war engines were re-imagined, but I guess the long term plan is just to keep the conflict pure Horus Heresy which is a shame IMO.

Haven’t gotten to play yet as those Warlord kits are stunning so I wanted to get them right before putting them on a table and rolling some dice around.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Based on my experience with GW since '90 … we'll just have to wait and see … We can second guess all we like. But bottom line … again we'll just have to wait & see …

Since I bought my 1st Epic game in '89 and have just about everything they made thru all 4 iteration[and now 5]. E.g. not their metal knights though. All I thought were horrible ! :o :geek Didn't like the Banelord titan either.

Regardless ... As I have said many times before. I really don't want or need anymore titans, etc., especially at those prices. But I did but a set of the new buildings and the Horus Hersey box set. I kept the battlefield accessories and sold off the rest. ;D

However, I have no problem with someone expressing their opinion/thoughts on anything about GW, Epic, etc. I know I have been "attacked" here a few times before because I'm not in "love"/enamored/over the moon, etc., with GW's rules, models, etc. But none the less, it's only my opinion, nothing more, nothing less ... Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

And again, we're talking about toys here ... in some cases very expensive toys. So always do what works for you ... not me ...
:whistle ^-^ 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 80  Next