Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Questoris Mechanicus (Developmental)

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v1.45 (experimental)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
As far as assaults and shooting goes, we do group dice when we roll them to speed things up but other than that, it's RAW.

And I agree that's the most common-sense way to do it. It just annoys me that it's actually against the rules. In a perfect world we could amend the rules to change that, but I guess "official house rules" might be as far as we get.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Does it though? I just read through 1.9.5 and 1.12.5 and it simply says roll a d6 for each unit but doesn't specify if you should roll them separately or together just that each unit gets one d6 to roll.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The problem is that War Engines can't kill things with their CC attacks that are not in direct contact with them. So if you have say 4 Knights engaging 8 units of inf, and you get in b-t-b contact with 5 of them (one knight with 2, another with 2 of which one is shared with the first etc etc) you can't roll all the CC attacks at one go because then there's no way of determining which War Engine actually hit. Instead you should roll dice for each WE and allocate the hits accordingly.

The same is true for FF, as WE shooting FF can't hit things in their own base contact.

Now this is not hopeless to do, you could use dice with several colors for example, but it's potentially much more complicated and time consuming than just rolling everything at once. Which is what people do as Epic is a pretty time-consuming game to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

We just do the dice colors/sizes route when we have to differentiate and to the largest group we can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Needless to say, I *really* hope these rumors turn out to be true =-)

"There will be a big push on bringing the large range of Imperial Knights into Titanicus. With the Studio sticking to their “no vehicles and infantry” mantra, luckily there are enough of these to fill the same role in the game, providing a range of unit options, from units just below the Scout Titan level to just above infantry size. These Titanicus models have been mentioned: Dominus Class Knights (Castellan & Valiant) Cerastus Class Knights (Lancers, etc…) Armiger Class Knights (Warglaive & Helverin) Porphyrion Class Knight Knight Weapon Set (Carapace Missile Launchers, others…)"

Source: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/09/ ... e-now.html

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v1.46 (experimental)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post ETC update to the list. Hopefully I'll get to try it out next week on TTS.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:01 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

There's already a Rapid Fire Battle Cannon on the Barron in the Knightworld list set to 2x AP/AT+ I'd suggest using this opposed to the ap/at 3+ you have now.

I think the lance getting first strike only on charge is a useful feature. It encourages Knight players to be more aggressive and initiate the assaults, and it rewards opponents for getting the drop on Knights. I get that the change makes lancers a bit more reliable but it does remove some of the skill needed to use them or attack them. Just a mild concern really though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:45 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Vaaish. I have received your PM and have been trying to reply for the last week but I keep getting an error message, I’m not ignoring you!

Great work on the list btw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
There's already a Rapid Fire Battle Cannon on the Barron in the Knightworld list set to 2x AP/AT+ I'd suggest using this opposed to the ap/at 3+ you have now.

I think the lance getting first strike only on charge is a useful feature. It encourages Knight players to be more aggressive and initiate the assaults, and it rewards opponents for getting the drop on Knights. I get that the change makes lancers a bit more reliable but it does remove some of the skill needed to use them or attack them. Just a mild concern really though.

I think the Baron Rapid Fire Battle Cannon would be too good. I'll re-name the Questoris version "Questoris Battlecannon" instead, as that is the Heresy-era name for the same thing.

And about the lance first strike thing: I used to agree with you, but then I had a look at the E-UK knights that get it all the time... The NetEA Knights have some definite problems in winning engages, and as a low activation army with low strategy rating they're really not going to get the jump on the opponent all that often...

Anyhow, I think giving the Questoris Knights 4+ FF might be a good compromise. And the NetEA Lancer is really weak, and I'd like to make the Questoris Mechanicus version slightly better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RugII wrote:

In case you're referring to the Questoris Mechanicus: Thanks!

In case you're referring to Skitarii: I agree, it looks more competitive now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

RugII wrote:
Vaaish. I have received your PM and have been trying to reply for the last week but I keep getting an error message, I’m not ignoring you!

No worries, Shoot me an email: ad at twolandscreative dot com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:56 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
And about the lance first strike thing: I used to agree with you, but then I had a look at the E-UK knights that get it all the time... The NetEA Knights have some definite problems in winning engages, and as a low activation army with low strategy rating they're really not going to get the jump on the opponent all that often...

That is true. In my couple of games with them I was surprised at how difficult it was to win engagements and how weak the lancers were. First game I had a detachment charge a minorus and despite winning the combat still getting wiped out. Wasn't the best first impression :)

4+FF might be ok, I'd at least give it a go. Maybe also think about making Questoris 5+/4+ and Cerastus 4+/5+ CC/FF to define roles?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Also, really quickly, can you clarify your ion shield rules a bit at the end. It's slightly unclear if you intend to allow the shield in FF or not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
4+FF might be ok, I'd at least give it a go. Maybe also think about making Questoris 5+/4+ and Cerastus 4+/5+ CC/FF to define roles?

I think I'll try them out like this to begin with. I feel the differences in loadout, scout, the cap of 3 in a formation and the extra speed on the cerastrus knights make them quite distinctive already.

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v1.47 (experimental)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very small update with clarification of the Ion Shield. Game coming up on Thursday, will be real interesting to see how this list performs on the table.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next