Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Best tournament list - Epic UK or NetEA

Post subject: Re: Best tournament list - Epic UK or NetEA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If an Epic UK Titan can see you - hide quickly!!!!

I do like the idea of Epic UK Scout Titans having more air assault defence (maybe close combat arm or AA gun options), as they are pretty much the obvious target for air assault in a mixed Titan list.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's kinda why i tend to just go for Warlords and Reavers - the warhounds are a really vulnerable element of the list.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Its horses for courses to me. EpicUK lists are tighter on options and therefore easier to balance but for a casual game NetEA gives a lot more options.

Wheres EpicFR on the list? Their take on Biel Tan seems pretty reasonable to be honest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

RichardL wrote:
You'd be surprised. The up-gunning of the Epic-UK titan list (pretty much a 50% increase on most guns) really helps in giving the titans the punch necessary to actually destroy rather than just break units.

I often wonder how many people glance at the list and miss the fact the weapon stats have been increased for this list.

I hope when the EUK AMTL list is reviewed EUK consider upping the stat lines of the actual titans too, i.e. maybe making Warhounds less vulnerable (or more vulnerable but cheaper) and Warlords a little faster.

I enjoy playing with and against the list but it's too easy to get trapped in/ trap it in a draw.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:27 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

RugII wrote:
it's too easy to get trapped in/ trap it in a draw.

I think that is a problem faced by most large-WE lists to be honest, whether they are NetEA or EpicUK, take the Ferals for example, their 57% Draw rate is massively higher than any comparable list with a similar number of games played, althought AMTL is only slightly above average at 36% Draws

From my test games of the NetEA OGBM list, it seems to be a list which is tailor-made for getting winning draws, and many have pointed out similar issues with AMTL (either flavour)

If you lock your BTS objective away into a nigh-unkillable 8-12DC fearless war engine and park a similar war engine between the T&H objectives in your opponent's half, it's almost impossible for some armies to beat because I get the feeling that EA was never designed with all-WE armies in mind....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RichardL wrote:
Well, for the award of most divergent i'd have to go with the Nid lists - they both take an element of the theme of the race, but run with it in very different directions. Both have issues though, the E-UK one heavily favours just spamming infantry swarms, and most of the rest of the list is heavily sub-optimal (there are notable exceptions such as hives though). Net-EA on the other hand has some rather.... interesting approaches in terms of recycling troops and rallying. I'm still not convinced an army that auto rallies from broken is a particularly solid design plan, but there we go.

My personal favourite among the approved tyranid lists is the french one (tho their 2018 version has some odd things going on that I'm not totally sure of). They've made most Synapse creatures quasi-LV, allowing them to be singled out unless part of a mixed formation... And even then they're very vulnerable to flanking. I've tried to make a combination of NetEA and their version in Hive Fleet Dagon, auto-rallying is a lot less problematic when you can snipe the synapse creatures.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

flyingthruwater wrote:
Its horses for courses to me. EpicUK lists are tighter on options and therefore easier to balance but for a casual game NetEA gives a lot more options.

Wheres EpicFR on the list? Their take on Biel Tan seems pretty reasonable to be honest

The French lists are really different, and has some uneven stuff in them. A lot of fun, inspired stuff, but also some "WTF?"s.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I hope when the EUK AMTL list is reviewed EUK consider upping the stat lines of the actual titans too, i.e. maybe making Warhounds less vulnerable (or more vulnerable but cheaper) and Warlords a little faster.

I'd rather go the way of making the Titans more vulnerable (and cheaper) than making them bigger and shootier. My own suggestion for this is to make the crits of the big WE hurt more, and to cripple them somehow when they go below half starting DC to give the opponent a reason to damage the big WE, even if they don't kill them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
RugII wrote:
it's too easy to get trapped in/ trap it in a draw.

I think that is a problem faced by most large-WE lists to be honest, whether they are NetEA or EpicUK, take the Ferals for example, their 57% Draw rate is massively higher than any comparable list with a similar number of games played, althought AMTL is only slightly above average at 36% Draws

From my test games of the NetEA OGBM list, it seems to be a list which is tailor-made for getting winning draws, and many have pointed out similar issues with AMTL (either flavour)

If you lock your BTS objective away into a nigh-unkillable 8-12DC fearless war engine and park a similar war engine between the T&H objectives in your opponent's half, it's almost impossible for some armies to beat because I get the feeling that EA was never designed with all-WE armies in mind....

I'd agree - more specifically though it's the 4++ war engines that start really skewing things. There's only so much TK in the list and a number of lists don't even really have access to it. Things start getting even more problematic when they're transports and have a tonne of infantry inside, then it's also very difficult to shift them in combat - something that's very problematic if you don't have much shooting, and why Krieg do so well in an assault focussed game.

Ironically traditional guard lists can give them a good kicking, but with access to the most TK and artillery in the game i guess this shouldn't be a huge surprise.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With so many shiny new Titans out there the need for a new shiny list with fancy photos of the new Titans has never been more needed.

AMTL and then maybe Knights should be top priority urgent list reviews, in my view.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:01 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think the EpicUK knight list is pretty good actually, maybe a tad restrictive, but it's perfectly competitive and you could build an army from the new plastic models.... Not sure why it suddenly needs changing just because new models have been released?

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would love some advice on how to run it because so far a knight list has not done well in Swedish tournaments.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the UK knights have had a decent showing.
It's quite easy, get two heavy unlikable units. Accept one isBTS, and won't die. Then get some assault units (lancers) and some burn units (aa, light artillery).
Chase the objectives on your side, ignore the blitz, and... .....and I can't emphasise this enough as it really impacts saves.....
Drink a shed load of good wine.
The better the wine, the more invulnerable saves.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We drink Vodka here, wine is for sissies.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Before this gets out of hand can I clarify that this should not lead to an international drinking contest in Berlin.
The Euros have been designated as a 100% alcohol-free event.

We will instead find a new healthy juice bar to hang out in. Fruity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next