Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Orders Militant - Adepta Sororitas 2018 (Experimental)

Post subject: Re: Orders Militant - Adepta Sororitas 2018 (Experimental)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, So I'll update the pdf tomorrow
But for now:

Mission 275 ==> 250 plus Palantine
Retribution 250 ==> 225
Exorcism 250 (I still feel these are still costed farily)
Purgeane 250 (Pricing based off Hellhounds in Cadian List)
Choir Mission 250 ==> 200 (These will go to 250 wit ha character, 5 pts more than the Raptors)
Coven 200 ==> 175 (Ours have MW so I think this price could be ok)
Lightnings 150 (I still feel these are still costed farily)
Emperors Chapel 200 - (I still feel these are still costed farily and comparable to the Imperial Guard superheavies)
Penitence 175 ==> 150pts

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think a cross-board points drop could skew the list a little too heavily the other way, 25pts off 10 formations gives you an additional activation, I'd be wary of doing that en-masse, it's much better to test the list as-is whether subpar or not, then focus on the notably underachieving formations first for points drops and other tweaks such as free characters

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think we'll be ok with the cost reductions and the additional charachter to the Mission I've laid out.
Not all the units are dropping price and the others aren't by too much.

Comparing them to the BL prices it seems like it's a good match.

V 1.2 live on page 1

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:43 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Question on Living Saint:

Wouldnt Living Saint be an Add to a unit instead of Upgrade since it has its own stat line, abilities, weapons etc plus its classified as infantry not character.

Thanks
Kal

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

chivalrynsorcery wrote:
Question on Living Saint:

Wouldnt Living Saint be an Add to a unit instead of Upgrade since it has its own stat line, abilities, weapons etc plus its classified as infantry not character.

Thanks
Kal

Currently it's an upgrade. Similar to Daemon princes for the Chaos lists

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Not to be to picky and I am sure most people understand the upgrade but for clarity it should say
Replace instead of Upgrade as the Demon prince for chaos says.

Because upgrade and replace are two different things.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

chivalrynsorcery wrote:
Not to be to picky and I am sure most people understand the upgrade but for clarity it should say
Replace instead of Upgrade as the Demon prince for chaos says.

Because upgrade and replace are two different things.

Thanks

No no, being picky is fine :)

I'll put that in my notes for next release :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello, I have been playing with Sisters of Battle since 2016 and it was my first army, so I really like that after some quiet time the list is being devoloped again!

In general I think that it has a good direction, focusing in the important things and removing bloat.

Some thoughts:
*I think that Mission, Retribution and Choir reduction in points was needed. I don't know if Coven and Penitence needed it, I will try some games to see how it feels.
*Maybe it's me, but I always thought that Exorcism for 250 points was expensive; in our games, they usually die easily (armor 4 and range 45cm) or are supressed with blast markers.
*I never understood why does Penitence and War Engines have initative 2 (at least I think that War Engines should have 1, like other titans)
*I think that you should add back the 2 Emperor's Chapel option. I have 2 of them and 1 Cathedral scratch made by a friend, and I used them some times and I think that they are thematic, but the true is that they are not really very good. Maybe we should remake the stats, and not just erase the option.
*I think that the Cathedral is now usable, with the adjusting in stats and being 450 points. It's not really OP or very good, but could be usable. I need to test it.
*I suppose that the Cathedral and Reaver should have fearless, but it's not written in the stats.
*I understand that the extra attacks in the reaver are in FF in assaults, but maybe it should be clarified.
*The Chapel has ignore cover in FF, but the Cathedral has not. I don't know if this is intentional or an omission.
*Penitent Engines now don't have ignore cover in small arms; again I don't know if this is intentional or omission.
*I think that now that Repentia have 2 attacks, they could be usable (1 of them MW).
*I think that now Repressor and Immolator having always armor 4 is a good idea; and limiting the use of Immolator to coven and repentia too.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really looking forward to playing this list. I like that the mission formation has a free palatine character. Could the list be changed so that we have the option to upgrade the free palatine into a canoness for 50 points?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Kapitan Montag wrote:
Really looking forward to playing this list. I like that the mission formation has a free palatine character. Could the list be changed so that we have the option to upgrade the free palatine into a canoness for 50 points?

We can definitely look at that. It would bring it in line with the similarities from the BL list and I overlooked it when I updated the addition of the characters.

What say you Inq overlord Norto?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Decision is up to you my good man. Does seem odd being 100 points.

But a few notes from me.

I like some of the price drops. Not sure about all of them.
Missions could probably stay at 275 with the free Palatine with addition thoughts below
Exorcisms good at 250, they have some sweet AT value and good place for hunters
Choir is a pretty sweet formation and could stay at 250 but could maybe get a free palatine to reduce spam.
Covens to 175 is good i think. They have macro but no AP/AT for their garrison ability

I'm not sure how themey it is, but should Missions be a must in the list? Should maybe missions and something else unlock the others? like a 3 to 1 or something to help spam and still create a sisters list. Would hate to come up against someone spamming choirs and lightnings.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:31 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

okay having played about 8-10 games with the Sisters version 1.2 mostly here are my two cents worth of input:

I think the army needs to have a 'must have unit' and that would be battle sisters at 1+, as for options such as Canoness for 50 more to replace a palantine is a good idea. No need to have two characters who for a unit that should be firefighting their stats are HTH.

I can see how your comparing to black legion whoever some BL units require a main formation first (ie scouts, land raiders etc). So the list can be easily spammed or not a thematic Sisters list without limitations on formation selection. However giving the breadth of selection of units you can create any type of Sisters army with 11 activations pretty easily upto 13-14 taking out the War engines.

I have never taken additional characters, their abilities dont match up to a firefight army. If they had Small arms instead of base contact abilities then they might be worth taking.

I find the retributors nicely priced.
The repentia are nasty and not sure if priced accurately or not, not sure what to compare it to from other lists.
The penitent engines might be priced to cheap, they are rock stars and with the ability to add to repentia formations make them a nasty combo. 175 for 4 is good and each addiotanal should be 30 points.

I do like the Immolator versions and they are fairly priced. A 4 justice unit with repentia in rhinos is a good combination and still does not become your BTS when you have Battle sisters as standard with canoness.

The living saint needs rework. Basically only available in two units, by default it should go with the seraphims, however adding it to a battle sister unit that will engage might be worth it. I say make it a demon type character that can be independent.

Arco flagellants I have not used yet but for 250 and no transport capability tough choice to take compared to Repentia with rhinos which are cheaper.

Knight crusades are almost a must have to deal with AT, WE and mobility and speed. I have taken them in about 7 games and they have a 75% success rate of surviving. Priced right but not sure if they fit into the theme of the army.

The Cathedral seems over priced by 50-100 points.

I will be redoing my lists and adding arco flagellants and using chapels to see how it plays out. Its a tough list to get a handle around because their are many choices and each unit has a specific role. You cant design a list to take on all but must make it based on what you want to achieve in your games basically what objectives will you try to accomplish in your games. I have not even tried to get blitz but TSNP is possible and BTS is also.

I hope more players are playtesting and posting their reports, the list is fun and who doe not like to burn heretics with flame and passion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:45 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for all the games Chiv, i saw you took it to the NEAT :D loved the pics.

I have a question on the faithful and how often do you use it. Its so good but i don't use it all that often as I'm to worried about failing to activate.

If you do use it alot, how much does it pay off? Do you think its a massive bonus?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:40 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Faithful ability is good to try for, but I rarely use it. And when i tried to use it, i failed the initiative check.
All three games at NEAT i did not once use it since the situation never arose where i needed to.

I basically will use it for combat setups for the next turn. however since its a -1 to your check you need to have no blast markers to get a better chance of passing the check.

I think it can pay off if you bait a enemy unit to attack it and they win but dont wipe you out, it can leave them vulnerable and with blast markers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hoping to get some games in with this list soon. I like the free palatines and keeping the big war engines. Putting the titans and knights in there is kind of cool too. I miss the redemptionists a bit, but I really like them directly this list is going.
I just wanted to check a few other things to check whether they are intentional changes to the previous "order militant adepta sororitas 1.5 list"
As already pointed out - the penitent engines and cathedral used to have ignore cover on their firefight attack.mwilk that comeback?

The Emperor's Chapels used to have 20cm move, was it intentional to slow them down?

Repentia - price drop is great but was it intentional to give them +1MW attack (it previously was just MW ability on their existing cc attack, this change makes Arco flagellants more expensive, have no free transport and no MW and not worth taking.

Love the living saint idea I think she should have jump pack rule (as well as all the other special rules s he has- maybe she going for the record ;) )

Glad to see the transport capacity for Chapels and cathedrals still there, is it possible to put LV into them? I think 4 penitent engines popping out of a chapel would be really cool, and at the moment they are the only unit that could start the game embarked on a transport 4 WE.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the work going into this list - I'll get posting some bat reps soon!

Edit- if you are thinking about ways to help out the Arco flagellants I think giving them an invulnerable save could be good. It fits their lift and current 40k stats, and as they have fearless already, means they would have the same abilities as the penitent engines. This would be nice as they are the two ministorum units that activate on a two plus. - ( this is nice thematically because then it's almost like they have an always on act of faith rule )

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next