Login |  Register |  FAQ

Bad Moons list v1.0

Post subject: Bad Moons list v1.0
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:47 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

having read many of the recent debates and discussions about Orks and their respective weaknesses/strengths I was at a loose end and decided to put together a Bad Moons list

I mostly envisioned this being for EpicUK if they want it, but figured there may well be some fans of the yellow fellas in the wider NetEA community so I figured I'd put it up for you guys to check out here

I tried to include most of the new toys and units available to the orks in 40k these days, while getting rid of units that orks have traditionally used as a crutch such as skorchas and stormboyz, as these are typically from allied clans I thought pure bad moons would make limited use of them

The limitations on the supa stompa and stompas weapon loadouts were intentional, with the bad moons typically always wanting to have the biggest shootiest guns, I felt this was appropriate

It is untested at this time, I'm hoping to get some games in over the summer, would appreciate any feedback you may have, typos are always welcome too ;)

enjoy!

edit: 16/07/2019

V1.01 uploaded, mostly contains corrections and clarifications

edit: 16/10/2019

V1.02 uploaded, with further corrections and clarifications

Changelog

V1.01
-Grotz - expendable replaced with rulebook text
-Morkanaut - single power field added to differentiate from gorkanaut
-Gorkanaut - deffstorm cannon adds small arms +1 EA and has a boost to CC from 4+ to 3+ to represent the more engagement focus of the machine
-Bommer - replaced with war engine version from OGBM list, I've kept the barrage at D3+3 as I doubt it will be taken at D3+1 with the risk of a single 2BP template barrage
-Spacecraft have had armour saves removed
-Meganobz - added leader and clarification that this does not count in meganobz formations, only when added to other formations
-Tellyporta array - reworded to hopefully clarify operation

V1.02
-Added leader ability to meganobz formations, works as bonded team does in the Tau list
-Added oddboy upgrade to warband
-changed stompamob to 4 for 225, with a price break of 375 for big mob

V1.04 (where did 1.03 go?)
-Adjusted points values for some formations to make them a better prospect
-Reduced gargant prices (surely the bad moons can afford them easier?)
-Clarified tellyporta rule, changed to make it simpler
-ditched blitz brigades, added flakkwagons to heavy tank formations, also sped up heavy tanks
-removed supa stompas from the list as they are only for when guys cant afford a proppa gargant
-added modifiers to meganobz to make them less reliant on 'Mob rule'
-removed big gunz formation, flash gitz effectively replace them

Enjoy!

Attachments:
Bad Moons v1.04.pdf [131.59 KiB]
Downloaded 617 times
Bad Moons v1.02.pdf [247.94 KiB]
Downloaded 563 times
Bad Moons v1.01.pdf [246.36 KiB]
Downloaded 472 times
Bad Moons v1.0.pdf [243.33 KiB]
Downloaded 648 times

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Last edited by kyussinchains on Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 10 times in total.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bad Moons list v1.0
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool! My orks are painted yellow so i approve of this message!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I've added the list to ArmyForge if that helps folks playing around with it

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting list, i will check it throughly. I am doing for fun and for playing in my group lists for the Ork main Klans, save Evil Sunz, Snakebite and Blood Axe for obvious reasons, and it is curious how different approach we took, even though we share some ideas. You got the flavour of the list by adding new units and special rules and i did by relying entirely on other ways. Both end lists are quite different but both still look different from other Ork lists while being Bad Moonz related.

By the way, for making mine i have read beforehand every GW rule/army book i could find and i can tell you that every Klan has lots of Stormboyz, as it is a phase almost every teen Ork goes through. Not saying that you should put them back on yours, but that they can very well be in a Bad Moonz list.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Abetillo wrote:
Interesting list, i will check it throughly. I am doing for fun and for playing in my group lists for the Ork main Klans, save Evil Sunz, Snakebite and Blood Axe for obvious reasons, and it is curious how different approach we took, even though we share some ideas. You got the flavour of the list by adding new units and special rules and i did by relying entirely on other ways. Both end lists are quite different but both still look different from other Ork lists while being Bad Moonz related.

By the way, for making mine i have read beforehand every GW rule/army book i could find and i can tell you that every Klan has lots of Stormboyz, as it is a phase almost every teen Ork goes through. Not saying that you should put them back on yours, but that they can very well be in a Bad Moonz list.

I'd be interested to see your take

I wasn't aware about that with the stormboyz but it does make sense!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I approve of the general idea and hope it takes off! Just a couple of quick comments while I kill time waiting for the cake baking in the oven...

What's the justification for Bad Moonz getting more Grotz? I'd have expected them to have the same numbers of them as normal but maybe a couple of the Boyz units in the core formation swapped out for Big Gunz.

You've gone WAY OTT in how survivable you've made the Killl Krusha / Kill Bursta tanks. They're not all that much bigger than other tanks. Regular vehicle with 4+ Reinforced would be my suggestion for these instead.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There are many more interesting points for list building on the books. For example Rogue Trader's two Ork books are very good for that and i found surprised myself with some parts.

When i have the lists ready, i'll upload them. I was planning to do so for if anyone wanted to use them to begin with after they are more or less solidly made into the image i want to, but it will take more time, and i still have to do two more battle reports apart from today's release and probably a third soon will be added to the queue soon, apart from the Gargants i am sculpting, so very busy. Maybe around end of June I will have the lists fully prepared.

By the way, i don't know if you know about but the FERC have their own Klan lists. They are almost like Ghazghkull's and there are some parts that i don´t see the point of, but maybe you want to take a look for yours just in case you find something useful.

Oh, and found a typo. Twin big shootas are AP5+/AT6+ not AP5+/AT5+. And I agree with GlynG, they should be 1DC 4+ RA or even less, as they are not even half the size of a Fortress, and a bit bigger (50% more maybe?) than Epic 3ºEd Battle/Gunwagons, but you made them way tougher than one.

GlynG wrote:
What's the justification for Bad Moonz getting more Grotz? I'd have expected them to have the same numbers of them as normal but maybe a couple of the Boyz units in the core formation swapped out for Big Gunz.

Bad Moonz have the biggest number of Grot slaves in all Klans (with Death Skullz with the biggest number overall and meaniest ones, as lootas, thefts ans swindlers), that do from butler duties to carry things to battle to operate the larger and bigger in number machines Bad Moonz tend to have to show off.
Because of that I made something similar to Kyussinchain idea also in my list' Warband, but I am always doubting if Grotz units in EA can be counted as part of the rich Orks' personal slaves, as i think that they won´t be directly on the battle and the Klan that has the more numerous and biggest Grotz (and Snotling and Squigs too) herds on the battle are Snakebites.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:55 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

the 40k killbursta model is almost exactly the same footprint as a baneblade, it also has the same front and side armour and a comparable number of wounds (24 vs 26)

all my information comes from those more knowledgable than me on these things but it is second hand so I can't verify its accuracy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes the stats are almost identical to the baneblade. (8th edition-i didn't bother going back in time so could have changed)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The "Tellyporta" rule mentions "units" - does this mean that more than one formation can be deployed at the same time when it is used?

Also, deploying within 15cm (instead of 10cm) of the scattering Teleportation point would be more in line with Marine Drop Pods as they very are similar in nature. Just my two cents.

I really like how you've built a heavy infantry/walker list based on clan traits, it's a nice addition to the ones that already exist. Variety is the spice of life - looking forward to fielding it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

minor point but "ork player's blitz objective" should probably be referred to as "the blitzkrieg objective on the ork player's side of the board" as per necron tomb complex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Should the Flash Gitz' CC and FF stats be reversed? I just thought they'd be better at FF than CC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:24 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

uberChris wrote:
The "Tellyporta" rule mentions "units" - does this mean that more than one formation can be deployed at the same time when it is used?

Yes, can be multiple formations

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

uberChris wrote:
Should the Flash Gitz' CC and FF stats be reversed? I just thought they'd be better at FF than CC.

No, Flash gits are still big tough Nobz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great stuff, modern Orks!
Is there another source for Meganobz except Vanguard?
I like the heavy armoured Skinner Nobz a lot, but you have to buy a lot normal Nobz, too, to get a sufficient Meganobz.

To make a suggestion:
I´d go for some already tested rule for the Tellyporta Array. At the moment, it´s a bit fiddly, especially considering it´s an Ork rule!

Seems to be a cpy an paste thing: The spacecraft have an armour save.

Locking forward to see this getting further development.