Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.1 [Developmental]

Post subject: Re: NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.1 [Developmental]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:22 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thought i would leave some comments for reference to others instead of in the battle report section.

Ive played against this list alot ages ago with Geep. Wish we done some reports but we were to lazy at the time.

I'm wondering if this list gets to approval theres going to be 2 very different lists with same units different names different stats and different army rules.

I'm wondering if you take the idea Dave had and drop warriors to 5+ armour but make them 8 strong for the same price but try and do it across all lists?

Also try and get consistency across all lists with army rules. Some of them feel like a dick punch but maybe cronz just have to be that army.

Also wondering if it would be worth exploring dropping the Monoliths and Warbarque all together to try and make the list more Ark focus with portals only coming from the Tomb and the Night Scythes. I know it would be a massive change but I thought i would post my thoughts and I think it would make the list much more enjoyable to play against.

Edit: Another idea maybe to limit the overlord to the ghost ark formations to force a different style list if you want a SC?

Thanks
Norto

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yeah with the changes to the approved list I still need to re write and bring this lists special rules mostly in line (except phase out and going back into reserves). Should bring the special rules more in line on both lists. Other than for the warriors the unit stats I can bring in line I know there are a few small differences, wraiths etc.. that can be brought back in line.

Night scythes:
Yes thats true if they can land they can contest. We could potentially go back to making them a transport and not have a portal but they could still land then. They have been the hardest unit in this list to try to ballance.

Warriors:
It could be done to change the formations in both lists to 5+ with the same points but a larger formation size. It would require extensive play testing on the approved list though. I think that might be something to look at down the road. I do like daves suggestion to decrease activation advantage and changing this to a base of 8 with 275 pts cost.

SC only in ghost ark formations is doable also. I like this idea.

Dropping the monoliths and warbarque I cant see happening. This list was (is) designed to capture WH40k in 7th where you can take everything. I made a experimental list that has next to no portals if you wanted to try that :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can see how it'd be awkward to have two different Necron lists with so many shared units, but the simple fact is that the 40k armies they're based on are very different. Necrons went from being very limited in options, Warrior heavy with mild support, toughest army in the game - to a list full of options, Immortal focussed, support everywhere, and tough-but-not-that-tough.

I don't see keeping the lists and stats separate as a big issue, particularly when almost every Marine faction manages special treatment despite the inter-marine differences being nothing compared to the above Necron differences.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:17 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Understand if you want to capture 7th ed necrons, but then shouldn't it be focused on trying to make the list builds taking the new units your trying to capture. At the moment it seems the best build is a scarab conflict style list with better options.

Honestly i like the aircraft portal as it is at the moment. But paired with all the other portal options its feels just a bonus on top of the approved necrons.

Have a go at writing up a list and having a game without the
Foot Warrior Phalanx
Monolith Maniple
Warbarques

Id be happy to try and have some games with out these options if it helps. I was trying to write up lists and on paper it looks like a heaps different style compared to the scarab conflict and a lot more fun to play against.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:59 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I understand what you are saying and I've rejigged the portals every which I could think of way make them less favourable. This version has so many more detriments to using them than the approved list. The vison was to have the option to play this list with a similar portal strategy to the scarab conflict, or with a hybrid approach or with no portals. I have tried all three ways many times. A hybrid list seems to work the best over a foot slogging portal list.

Your opponent has to react a little different to a portal strategy with the sautekh than to the scarab conflict list because of activation advantage, the softer warriors, lack of phase out etc... its harder to pull off assault wins when broken portal formations apply blast markers to the teleportees. LM being less powerful and your units being stuck on the board as well.as monolith consolidating slower. In my many game experience the scarab list is better at the portal attack strategy than this list. Your opponents will quickly pick up on the new weaknesses and be able to exploit them to make portal attacks less effective. Your monoliths once down are stuck where they teleported. Takes a bit of planning but your opponent can shut down avenues of escape much easier and have a much greater impact on your ability to move around.

Yes the scythes kinda help you get around the monoliths being stuck problem but 2AA shots will statistically down one and the one formation that comes out will start with a blast marker. You need two sets of scythes to get that formation out again also.

Always open to.suggestions. I'm going to revert the monolith formations back to a base unit count of 3. Am looking at making some changes to list formation restrictions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:04 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Don't underestimate the ghost arcs either. They have leader. Makes for very easy regenerating warriors. They are amazing at holding objectives and have a surprising amount of short range fire power.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
I'm wondering if you take the idea Dave had and drop warriors to 5+ armour but make them 8 strong for the same price but try and do it across all lists?

Personally I've never much cared for the newcrons and, while I'm sure this could work, it would make me very sad because it would partially break a collection I've spent years building and just finished. I'd have to cannibalize one of my warrior phalanxes to bulk out the other two and end up with two extra warrior stands, two extra tomb spyders, and three wraiths and no possibility of fielding three phalanxes.

If the concern is different stats on units with the same names, maybe just shift the names so the two could live together?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Dont worry Vaaish. I highly doubt there will be enough support to even attempt that change.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:01 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Some excellent discussion on the issues around portals, loss of phase out and acitvation advantage on the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33326&p=625621#p625621

As a result going to make a poll thread to get popular opinion on a few potential options.
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=33333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

this may be of interest here for testing

http://taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/view ... 47#p628547

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Oh nice! Yeah that would be awesome. I still need to update the list with a minor few change suggestions. I've played vassal a few time but ot recently.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, though it is Necrons after all.

Has this list developed at all. I am looking at starting a Necron force and want to get the right models for a force etc.

Don't want to end up with a load that I cannot use.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A mate from my gaming group has based his army and collection on this list. So we will be ready to add a few games to playtesting...

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yes more bat reps needed. Will have to gather the list of ones that are already done. Just need 6 more from a different group to apply for approved status.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

atension wrote:
Yes more bat reps needed. Will have to gather the list of ones that are already done. Just need 6 more from a different group to apply for approved status.

so as a newbie might i ask: what are the requirements of those batreps and where are they to be submitted? How does this work? I collect a Sateekh force right now and my roommate has a stell legion, since lockdown we get to play at least once a week...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next