Devastator– 4 devastators, hunter
Scouts -4, rhinos
Terminators 4
Predators Annihilator- 4
Land Speeders – 5
Bikes - 5
Thunderhawk 1
Thunderhawk 1

This is the second game with the Sisters and first with version 1.1 (the official playtest list). My usual sparing partner decided to play Codex Astartes. We did 3000pts and played at Six Feet Under in New Holland PA. For this list I wanted to have AP and AT shots with good to hit rolls. The Chapel, Lightning strikes and Exorcists fill the AT slot, the rest of the army is mainly AP. The deployment was from left to right(see picture below).
Sisters:
Chapel, Penitence Engine, Battlesisters, Immolators (directly behind Repentia), Exorcists,Penitent Engines, Retributors, Knights(Castigators). In reserve Seraphims and Lightning Strikes(2 units).

Space marines(left to right, opposite of Sisters):
Land Speeders, Bikes, Devastators, Tactical (Sc) (in front Predators), Tactical, Scouts (garrisoning in woods,overwatch). In reserve Thunderhawks (assault marines), Thunderhawks (assault marines), Terminators.
Objectives: The Sisters objectives were spread out, while the marine objectives were put into a triangle position on my half of the table.

Turn One:
The marines won the first turn and he moved his land speeders forward and shot my Chapel which suffered a blast marker, I summoned my Lightning strikes and took out two predators. I moved my chapel forward and fired at the Land speeders taking out two. Marines went on the offensive and assaulted my Penitents on the left with a THawk and Assault marines. The Penitents lost and broke moving away (yeah fearless). The Thawk formation with BMs now was assaulted by Battle Sisters and were defeated (wiped to a single stand). In the center I moved my Immolators and Exorcist, causing some BMs on the predator unit and a BM on the Scout unit. I sent in the other Lightning strikes and they took out the remaining Land Speeders after my chapel took out a few earlier. Retributors doubled and took out a few tactical stands on my right.
At the end of turn One: 1 wiped out Thawk and Assault marines, Land speeders Broken Penitent Engines

Turn Two:
The marines won again and Terminators teleported near by Blitz, surrounded by Repentias and Penitent Engines. The termies fired at the Repentia and killed a few. They retain and send in the Thawk and Assault marines on my chapel. The chapel loses and breaks (fearless rocks). Now the sisters went on the offensive. The Penitents on the right advanced and fired at the Termies killing a stand. The Repentia advanced for assaults next turn. Exorcist and Lightning Strike fired at the devastator squad taking out some vehicles (including AA). Retributors advanced and broke a tactical squad on its right. The Lightning strike took out layed more BM on a tactical squad. The battle sisters being the beasts they are assaulted the Thawk that attacked the chapel and wiped it out( love firefights).
At end of turn two: Thawk and Assault Marines wiped out, Broken Chapel, Tacticals.

Turn Three:
Things were not looking good for marines they were already down several activations, however I still needed to secure the objectives and break as many units as possible and leave me with enough units to get the objectives. This time the Sisters won and did a retain initiative. I assaulted with the Repentia on the Termies and lost combat they broke and retreated but took some marines in the process. The termies were down to two stands. I than assaulted with the Penitents and beat the marines who broke and were wiped out. The Retributors took out the tactical squad (ie destroyed). The seraphims which teleported at the start of the turn assaulted the bike squad, however they received two blast markers teleporting before combat. They won the combat wiped out the bikes but lost two models and were broken. The rest of the turn had the fighters taking out lone single model Predator unit and some more devastator squads while the army got 4 objectives (they did not get ‘Break Their spirit)

Playing against marines is always frustrating because it takes so long to break some units, plus with great saves and awesome weapons they are fearsome, though it takes skill and practice to really play them well. As you noticed I didn’t mention how the Knights did. They did well taking out Scouts and Tactical marines. I don’t believe they got targeted the whole game and were on the peripheral of the battle dishing out long range damage(okay 45 is not the longest, but suffices for this army).

The MW capabalites of troops really helped during firefights and CC, insuring base removal with a hit. I feel the combo of Battle Sisters and Celestian is nasty and really helps that formation. Retributors are a no brainer as their long and range ability to garrison helps establish position and priority on the battlefield. The lightning strikes are phenomenal for tank busting plus the long range allows them to stay out of range of most AA weapons. The Chapel did what it was intended big target for assaults and getting shot at. The knights are good and see myself taking two units of three, with no chapels. The long range of the Immolator really helps this list.

Suggestions:
Decrease points costs of the infantry units.
Knights Castigator should be around 75-90 (see Emperors children knights castigator).

Final Score
Sisters of Battle 4
Codex Astartes – 0

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Adepta Sororitas (1.1) vs. Codex Astartes
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No photos?

Edit: ah, saw the link now.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:28 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the report chivalry,

Seems like a sad day for the codex. Great looking armies.

1 thing i did see is a cat in a gaming store. I wondered how the hell everything was still on the tables. Then i noticed the guard rails around the tables :D

I had a game today too and it was a win for the sisters :O but i was enjoying the amazing dice vassal was giving me. Hope your enjoying the list like i am. And hope to see more reports coming in :D

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:06 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks, more games coming in the future. That cat is a staple of the store. He stalks the tables but never touching the minis or knocking them over, its always in stealth mode for epic. Not sure how she does on 40k games tables. The list is nice and next outing may try two units of knights and no chapel. The lightning strikes are great and always take two units. Any proxies for them. The knights castigators i will probably use my knights paladin since they have the gun and blade already, just a new shiny paint job is needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers for the play test Chiv!
Love to see people getting behind the new list!

At this point in time I'm thinking of taking away the Upgrade for increasing the Knight unit formation and leaving it at the 0-3 of your choice of chassis.

Thoughts?