Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stirrings on Facebook

Post subject: Re: Stirrings on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Had an update yesterday the moulds and castings issues have been sorted and they hope to go in full production during april.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very glad that the stuff I ordered is looking good. Lets hope they can keep making stuff.

What did other backers think of the rules?

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Haven't a clue sir i've only been following model progress myself.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really glad that they seem to get things done.
As to the rules - did not read them yet, but I am very doubtfull that the game will be around for longer than the Kickstarter. Communications is basically not happening. People were so hyped in the beginning, but now it seems that everyone will be happy with just receiving their minis.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's a shame. I'll admit to buying primarily for the models, but if I can convince someone to play, I'll definitely give the rules a go. It seems very difficult to get people playing sci-fi 6mm in anything but EPIC variants, which is a shame.

As it is I'm struggling to get people to play games that don't have up to date printed rule book in my area(specifically EPIC).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

bertnernie wrote:
It seems very difficult to get people playing sci-fi 6mm in anything but EPIC variants, which is a shame.

As it is I'm struggling to get people to play games that don't have up to date printed rule book in my area(specifically EPIC).

My group here in Gloucester plays a lot of FWC (in fact we have an FWC bootcamp coming up in a few weekends) so I think other systems besides EPIC are out there, they just seem to be very regional

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

More to the point, are we still looking at October for a release? :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had a correspondence with John a few days ago and he was looking at a "fortnight" - so 2 weeks plus some room for error...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A fortnight from now? That is very soon. I have so much painting, and not enough room to fit it all yet!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Might have to start that squat army after all

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks like they're going to start packing the first orders in the next few weeks. There was a kickstarter update about how they will soon be fulfilling those orders that can be fulfilled, as they continue making and printing remaining stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Age of Tyrants Forum is dead, their promotion and communication has been poor and the creator was getting upset with backers from the start of the campaign. I'm really disappointed as this was my second Kickstarter the first went really well and I got my stuff within the dates they had set. I guess this is the risk of Kickstarter, my enthusiasm has greatly diminished. When it arrives it will be going straight on EBay. :(

Got much more exiting projects to be getting on with.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm not going to put it straight up on e-bay.

I can't say that I've had much kick-starter experience, but this seems par for the course outside of really big companies. I can't say I'm happy about it, but then I didn't expect them to realistically be coming until the end of this summer.

What were they getting upset about? I know people said they were disappointed in the level of response...

But the minis still look great. Heck, if you're selling any of the medics post them here first, as I still want more.

Its shame, this game and others(small scale especailly) seem to struggle so much with decent communication, that even people who still want their models are put off playing their game before it's even released!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They were getting upset with peoples feedback and comments on the Kickstarter. You have to accept that with any project everyone is not going to be happy and your backers may be looking for something more, these are the guys funding your vision after all. there was a little hostility to some backers in the beginning. I think everyone who backed wanted it to happen so bad. I love the Urban War setting, I've played Void way back when and this brought my Void love together with my other love 6mm. I just feel now it is a none starter the support and communication after they got the money has been limited to a few updates on Kickstarter. They need to get the promotion train running again, get out some good tutorials, more painted examples, heck how about some painted examples of a full army! these are the things that will help get the hobbiest on side. Go to BoW get them to do some How to Play videos or Faction focus.
I feel that the creator is sat with his feet up counting the little profit he made. I can't see it lasting long as a game and will probably be reduced to Proxy material for Epic Armies. I applaud the teams attempt to revitalise the 6mm sci fi wargame. they just lost the momentum. It does sadden me as a success could've brought the spotlight to the 6mm m market and brought more investment but companies may not be willing to take the jump if AoT fails.

In regards to the delay, are they that big a company it funded with around 32 grand and crawled through to the end. Mantic a big company have delays due to quantity of stock they have to shift. Ive seen companies turn around design to print to Product in a shorter time than this and with great quality.

I do love the models too :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I feel that the creator is sat with his feet up counting the little profit he made.

He's contacted me to do more sculpting for him after the first wave is finished dispatching, so, nah, he's planning on plowing his funds back into expanding the range further.

I think they had some big problems with finding reliable casting for small scale stuff, but hopefully that'll be sorted...soon?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next