Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Returning vaguely to the topic... ;)

From the Black Library "March of the Titans" offerings, I'd say that we might even get the "mythic" Psi-Titans this time around (though unlikely in the first run of the rules - I suspect they'll save that for a supplement if the basic game does well).

They published a few short stories that had them.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

schoon wrote:
Returning vaguely to the topic... ;)

From the Black Library "March of the Titans" offerings, I'd say that we might even get the "mythic" Psi-Titans this time around (though unlikely in the first run of the rules - I suspect they'll save that for a supplement if the basic game does well).

They published a few short stories that had them.

Even the core game is " Mythic " at the moment let alone the future supplements ;D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ZING! ;D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Doomkitten wrote:
splash wrote:
Doomkitten wrote:
splash wrote:
...GW's been doing well and only getting better since AoS was released...

A more ardent Fantasy fan might suggest the only way possible from AoS was up. ;)

A true fantasy fan should be happy for the improvements starting right after the End Times.

D'awww, did my smiley hurt poor Splash's feelings? It was a playful, harmless joke. You might want to grab a cookie, I think your blood sugar's getting low and you're getting cranky for it.

Calm yourself, I was just being silly as well. Don't overreact, don't get butthurt, just accept it and move on. You don't always have to be this immature about things.

I still recall your poutrage over the Tallarn Desert Raiders, after all.

Tau Empire, Mymeara Eldar, Tallarn Desert Raiders

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
AOS != Adeptus Titanicus

Let's keep this thread on the tracks

Doomkitten is just seeking attention as usual, I shouldn't have fallen for it. My apologies.

Tau Empire, Mymeara Eldar, Tallarn Desert Raiders

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There are rules for Psi-Titans in the latest FW Horus Heresy book as they fought on Prospero against the Thousand Suns. You can google up the background and rules easily enough and I'd expect a FW psi-titan later this year - modelwise it's just going to be a variant weapon arm for the warlord.

Background-wise they're 25 Warlords requisitioned and modified by the Emperor as an elite anti-psyker and/or fear/terror weapon and they're crewed by psychic nulls. They're now called the Ordo Sinister, which is disappointing as it ignores and re-writes the old background from Titan Legions for the Ordo Sinister (back then they were a titan legion composed just of 12 Emperor class titans with no connection to psi-titans) which I rather liked.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree Glyn. I am looking forward to the release of AT2. The downside will be loss of a lot of the previous background for Titans/ Titan Legions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
There are rules for Psi-Titans in the latest FW Horus Heresy book as they fought on Prospero against the Thousand Suns. You can google up the background and rules easily enough and I'd expect a FW psi-titan later this year - modelwise it's just going to be a variant weapon arm for the warlord.

I would think these would involve more than just a simple arm swap.

I'd guess that much like psyker figures for the game, there will be a head and "cowl" change as well.

Given the complexity of the Warlord kit, they could make quite a few changes by swapping out specific parts virtually anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

schoon wrote:
GlynG wrote:

I would think these would involve more than just a simple arm swap.

I'd guess that much like psyker figures for the game, there will be a head and "cowl" change as well.

Given the complexity of the Warlord kit, they could make quite a few changes by swapping out specific parts virtually anywhere.

Well in the Inferno book it's just a standard warlord with a variant left arm mounted weapon designated Sinistramanus Tenebrae (left hand of darkness) psychic weapon. Acts like a vortex missile in effect anything hit by the beam is torn to pieces and scattered to the beyond, other targets in close proximity are simply struck dead with out a mark on there bodies as if their souls have been sheared from the bodies.

A sinister weapon indeed.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

moredakka wrote:
Well in the Inferno book it's just a standard warlord with a variant left arm mounted weapon designated Sinistramanus Tenebrae (left hand of darkness) psychic weapon. Acts like a vortex missile in effect anything hit by the beam is torn to pieces and scattered to the beyond, other targets in close proximity are simply struck dead with out a mark on there bodies as if their souls have been sheared from the bodies.

From a modeling perspective, that's a bit disheartening. I was hoping for something a bit more unique!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@schoon I can understand why they might not go too over the top with the 40K-scale one, though I suppose there's always the possibility of further upgrade sets! Epic-scaled ones, however, would seem to be ideal.... Also, why are there no right-hands of darkness? This is very limiting to evil overlords! ;(

Thank ye for the new information, too, everyone! It would be really nice if we could stick to discussion of cool stuffs and limit the slagging to Traitor Scum/Loyalist Lapdogs/Gorkas/Morkas, though :) In a way, we're all after a little attention from our friendly internet colleagues, otherwise we'd not post! :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Calling this Titanicus news is a slight stretch, but it IS titan related:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/04/ ... erway.html

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
They're now called the Ordo Sinister, which is disappointing as it ignores and re-writes the old background from Titan Legions for the Ordo Sinister (back then they were a titan legion composed just of 12 Emperor class titans with no connection to psi-titans) which I rather liked.

If it helps any, the old "12 non-psi Imperators" background was set in M41, so there's still time for the 25 Warlord psi-titans in M31 to get replaced. Not saying GW will do that, but you can imagine it that way until they revisit the ordo.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Seems plausible to me that in the 40k period they had upgraded to imperators.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't really buy that idea. The new Ordo Sinister background has the Emperor personally requisitioning a batch of 25 Warlords and being involved in the project to create the psi-titans using tech the AM didn't understand. With him languishing in the golden throne I don't see the Ordo being able to expand or upgrade to much bigger titans.

Also I fully expect FW to make rules for the Psi-Warlords for both HH and 40k too (I wonder what the toughness and values for a titan will be in the upcoming 40k edition incidentally as I gather they're giving up on vehicles having armour values).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 80  Next