Login |  Register |  FAQ

Lets talk airplanes.

Post subject: Re: Lets talk airplanes.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:14 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I need to get more games in with the Sautekh, but I would say my thoughts at the moment are that the Night Shroud Bomber is the weakest of options compared with the Night Scythes and Doom Scythes plus the regular need to take other WE from the list.

However saying this I have had one game where 2 formations of 3 Doom Scythes and a pair of Night Shrouds won me a game against Space Marines. I have a feeling that being able to take Ghost Arks/other Arks might need a strong aircraft force to make them viable. Teleporting and portal assault lists need to spend their points elsewhere and so pass on the aircraft, in my limited experience.

Like I say more games are needed.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:58 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
You could make it much easier by deliberately balancing it against an approved unit like the Astartes Marauder; take away the IC and Disrupt special rules, drop the formation cost by 25pts and voila; a slightly better armoured bomber (5+RA > 4+) which is a lot better vs infantry, a bit better vs tanks, and less good vs fighters.

Yeah that's a reasonable idea. It was originally made to mirror the 40k version which is also a monster. 10S AP1, large blast, blind, pinning, doesn't scatter. The IC was to replace the MW which was very over the top. Maybe keep it the same points and drop just the disrupt or the IC?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:10 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

atension wrote:
Quote:
You could make it much easier by deliberately balancing it against an approved unit like the Astartes Marauder; take away the IC and Disrupt special rules, drop the formation cost by 25pts and voila; a slightly better armoured bomber (5+RA > 4+) which is a lot better vs infantry, a bit better vs tanks, and less good vs fighters.

Yeah that's a reasonable idea. It was originally made to mirror the 40k version which is also a monster. 10S AP1, large blast, blind, pinning, doesn't scatter. The IC was to replace the MW which was very over the top. Maybe keep it the same points and drop just the disrupt or the IC?

Would be tempted to drop one of the IC / disrupt & the BP to 2 for each Night Shroud.

Doom Scythes drop the MW shot to 4+ from 3+.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:10 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Tiny-Tim wrote:
atension wrote:
Quote:

Would be tempted to drop one of the IC / disrupt & the BP to 2 for each Night Shroud.

Doom Scythes drop the MW shot to 4+ from 3+.

Yeah I have no issue dropping the MW from 3+ to 4+ on the doom scythes.

The bombers at 275pts are still a little too good I do agree. Though dropping from 3BP to 2BP and dropping IC or Disrupt is huge change. I'd very much like to keep them at 3BP. We've tried them at 2BP before and as soon as they lose one unit the formation loses 2/3 its potency. What about dropping disrupt or IC and increasing the formation cost to 300pts?