Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Imperial Fists V1.3 Approved!

Post subject: Re: Imperial Fists V1.3 Approved!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great to see the list approved. Am keen to try it out with my ground pounding OGRE force.

I had assumed that the 1/3 restriction, points spent on "War Engines, Aircraft and Static Defences"
included points spent on Bastions and Relic Fellblades, since they are 'war-engines'.
However the Army Forge listing I saw hinted that they were not part of that 1/3 restriction.
On the basis I assume that those three categories are the titles for separate boxes at the bottom of the list.

Could you, please, confirm which interpretation is correct.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:14 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hi Andrew,

I can see the confusion, while the Bastion and Fellblade are indeed war engines, the 1/3 limitation applies to units taken from the 'War Engines' section

I will amend the PDF to have a 'Titan Legions' section and apply the limit to that to hopefully avoid further confusion

thanks for the spot!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great news :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Congrats Kyuss - good work buddy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
I can see the confusion, while the Bastion and Fellblade are indeed war engines, the 1/3 limitation applies to units taken from the 'War Engines' section

I will amend the PDF to have a 'Titan Legions' section and apply the limit to that to hopefully avoid further confusion

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nice!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry for the string of questions. Working through some orders of battle and thinking about how to scratch build (or proxy) units.

If a formation with the Automata rule fails its initiative roll does it make a Hold action?
Looks to me from a straight reading and re-reading 1.6.1 like they take a BM and do nothing.
Is that correct?

Was also worried about a mixed formation. Can the formation take another action even though it contains UNITS with the Automata rule? For example, a Bastion with garrison that wants to get out needs to make a Move (or Double or March) action to allow the garrison to "dismount". If the Bastion formation had Tarantulas then those UNITS would not be able to take those actions. Could they participate in the shoot part of the action? Just do nothing?

Should I read the first clause of the Automata rule as applying to FORMATIONS only composed of UNITS with Automata? Or does having an Automata UNIT within a FORMATION stop those other actions?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:56 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Andrew_NZ wrote:
Sorry for the string of questions. Working through some orders of battle and thinking about how to scratch build (or proxy) units.

If a formation with the Automata rule fails its initiative roll does it make a Hold action?
Looks to me from a straight reading and re-reading 1.6.1 like they take a BM and do nothing.
Is that correct?

that is indeed correct, the intention is to make them very unforgiving and act like something pre-programmed coming up against something outside its programming :)

Quote:
Was also worried about a mixed formation. Can the formation take another action even though it contains UNITS with the Automata rule? For example, a Bastion with garrison that wants to get out needs to make a Move (or Double or March) action to allow the garrison to "dismount". If the Bastion formation had Tarantulas then those UNITS would not be able to take those actions. Could they participate in the shoot part of the action? Just do nothing?

Should I read the first clause of the Automata rule as applying to FORMATIONS only composed of UNITS with Automata? Or does having an Automata UNIT within a FORMATION stop those other actions?

I'll amend the pdf to clarify, the first clause should include 'formations comprised solely of units with automata' so when tarantulas are with a bastion they may use all the orders, so in your example the tarantulas could advance or double (without actually moving) and shoot (with appropriate modifiers or penalties)

hope this clarifies things!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
Andrew_NZ wrote:

Is that correct?

that is indeed correct, the intention is to make them very unforgiving and act like something pre-programmed coming up against something outside its programming :)

Quote:

I'll amend the pdf to clarify, the first clause should include 'formations comprised solely of units with automata' so when tarantulas are with a bastion they may use all the orders, so in your example the tarantulas could advance or double (without actually moving) and shoot (with appropriate modifiers or penalties)

hope this clarifies things!

Awesomely quick responses. Not being kept up by a young addition to the household I hope.

That amendment would certainly help clarify. Could you also please make it explicit that if the activation fails the formation (comprised solely of units with automata, as noted) receives a blast marker and cannot take a Hold action (or does nothing).

Now to get the newly approved troops onto the table, . . .
They will be in camo green but I'm sure that would not slow "counts as IF" down.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The Fists are now in the Tournament Pack:

http://tp.net-armageddon.org/

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:48 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Fantastic, many thanks Dave!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:

Not to be whiny but perhaps could we slightly change the wording on the intro to not make it sound like this list is only for Fists? I'm CONSTANTLY having to clarify with people than you don't have to paint your marines yellow to use this list (ok some hyperbole but a week doesn't go by that I don't have to cleanse someone of this type of thinking)/

Quote:
he following army list allows you to field an army based on a Imperial Fists Space Marine army. It can also be used as a stand in army list for any of the Imperial Fists’ successor chapters or other or Astartes fighting a siege based force.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:

So I was noticing some differences between the Tournament Pack version and the v1.3 pdf from page 1.

The Hyperios Platform in the QR pdf had AA4+, which I think is a typo, the TP had AT6+/AA5+ (correctly?).

The Terminator formation is showing up in the TP as costing 350 points. The v1.3 pdf had 325 points (due to no air transport?).

The TP now has the blast marker exemptions only applying to mixed formations of automata and other units.
This seems a double wammy:
Mixed formations DON'T get the order restrictions (correctly I think) and DO get the BM exemptions.
Formations entirely of automata DO get the order restrictions and DO NOT get the BM restrictions.

Finally was there a reason that Scouts could not garrison a Bastion? You can get Dreadnoughts, Centurions and Terminators in.
Also there are no Assault units in the army so perhaps they are not needed on the list of transported troops?

Got my first Bastion made up and painted, along with test platforms, bunkers and trench lines. To battle soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:47 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Andrew_NZ wrote:

So I was noticing some differences between the Tournament Pack version and the v1.3 pdf from page 1.

The Hyperios Platform in the QR pdf had AA4+, which I think is a typo, the TP had AT6+/AA5+ (correctly?).

The Terminator formation is showing up in the TP as costing 350 points. The v1.3 pdf had 325 points (due to no air transport?).

The TP now has the blast marker exemptions only applying to mixed formations of automata and other units.
This seems a double wammy:
Mixed formations DON'T get the order restrictions (correctly I think) and DO get the BM exemptions.
Formations entirely of automata DO get the order restrictions and DO NOT get the BM restrictions.

Finally was there a reason that Scouts could not garrison a Bastion? You can get Dreadnoughts, Centurions and Terminators in.
Also there are no Assault units in the army so perhaps they are not needed on the list of transported troops?

Got my first Bastion made up and painted, along with test platforms, bunkers and trench lines. To battle soon.

hyperios is 45cm AT6+/AA5+ so TP is correct

the terminators should be 325 for that very reason

the TP is correct on the automata and blast markers

the scouts not being able to be transported in a bastion is an oversight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:57 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So two typos? Terminator cost and Bastion transport?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next