Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

The New Death Korps of Krieg Army List

Post subject: The New Death Korps of Krieg Army List
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The New Death Korps of Krieg Army List

The Death Korps of Krieg are one of the most iconic forces in the entire 40K Universe, and have a unique history and background that is reflected in their list and a playstyle that appeals to many Imperial Guard players who care more about victory than the lives of their own 6mm men.

After going through 15 stages of revision and playtesting, the Version 2 of the Death Korps of Krieg is now ready. This means that this is now finally the default Krieg list for general use at tournaments and events, and builds on the great work done by Ben Skinner and others in the original army book.

Feedback on the new list has been positive, with a number of items that previously caused concern having their stats adjusted, their price inceased, or a combination of the two. The most affected formations are the Gorgon transported infantry units and the Death Strike Missile Silo, but there have been widespread tweaks to a lot of units during the revision process.

While it is no longer a juggernaut, the list does remain competitive however, and is intended to remain true to the Death Korp theme. Since the nerf and points changes, I've personally had a lot more fun and challenging games playing both with it and against it. Games have been closer and more tactical, and previously unused units now have a reason for inclusion. Death Strikes remain deadly but can no longer reliably hold a blitz alone, gorgons disgorge wave after wave of their own men at the enemy, but pay for what they bring to the table.
And there are more reasons than ever to field massed cavalry, ready to charge into futile combat for the Emperor of Mankind.

I hope you enjoy the new version of the Death Korps of Krieg.

Attachment:
Death Korps of Krieg 20.pdf [19.6 KiB]
Downloaded 2709 times

Attachment:
Death Korps of Krieg Stats 20.pdf [447.45 KiB]
Downloaded 1843 times

File edited: Stats for the Hades Breaching Drill added.

Last edited by Matt-Shadowlord on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The New Death Korps of Krieg Army List
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There are a lot of minor tweaks, but here are some highlights of changes that are likely to have the most siginificant affect on list building.

Gorgons: Price increased from 125 to 200 points
Free Siege mortars removed.
Mortar upgrade +25pts
Critical hit worsened: Immoblised, D6 infantry inside the Gorgon take a hit. Further Criticals destroy the Gorgon
Option to add a 3rd Gorgon to a formation has been removed.

Death Strike Missile Silo:
Changed from
War Engine DC 3 4+ Reinforced MW2+, TK(D6), Slow Fire, Indirect
To
War Engine DC 2 4+ (not reinforced) 2x MW2+, TK(D6), One-Shot, Indirect

Grenadiers:
New rule: "This formation loses Scout if it includes a Gorgon Siege Transport" to prevent forward garrisoning of a gorgon."

Death Rider Company:
Added 12 Death Rider formation to core. Lose Scout, gain walker

Heavy Support:
Free Trojan Transport upgrade changed to +25pt cost

Engineers: Price changed from 300 to 250pts

Macharius Tanks: Price changed from 350 to 325pts

New restriction: Trenches and Razor Wire must be deployed in contiguous segments of at least 20cm in length.
Gun Emplacements may hold one Unit and Bunkers may hold three Units.

More detail on the revision process can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=29390

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Will be playing this list at Sydney Titans this weekend.
Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great! Let us know how you get on.

And good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great work! I still feel that gorgon companies together with multiple singelton warhounds may create a too strong synergy but time will show if that is the case.
I will surely enjoy meeting this list in battle much more than the earlier one!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How does this list classifies? Approved? In Development? Experimental?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The list is a revision of an Approved one, so the new version is classed as Approved.
From Wed Oct 07, 2015 it should be used by default instead of the old version.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Has the revision gone through the whole approvement process already? I thought that each change must be validated accoding to C.R.A.P.?

edit:

Quote:
Retaining NetEA Approved Status
Changes to a NetEA approved list should be put forward to the NetERC by the list' s Army Champion. If the changes are minor in the eyes of the Army List Development member (Human or Xenos) who oversees the Army Champion then they arecarried. The NetERC can veto these changes with a majority vote. If vetoed the Army Champion must go through the NetEA army list approval process detailed above.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We updated this on armyforge? Someone go poke Kyuss

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'd rather not update anything until Steve54/Rug/ERC/whoever gives me the Nod that the changes are approved, currently this is a parallel development, like the v6.7/8 tau was

I'll happily do it when that happens :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh wait, I thought MSL mentioned it was approved. What's the actual official word on this, mate?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Oh wait, I thought MSL mentioned it was approved. What's the actual official word on this, mate?

I've contacted Steve54 to see if it is sufficient to get his approval or if a vote by the ERC is required in order for this to replace the old version.
I'll let you and kyuss know. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay on this one, I had to go away for work the following morning and arrived home fairly late after the tournament, anyway -

I attended Sydney Titans 2015 last Sunday, the 3k Epic tournament.

First of all i'd like to share my many thanks to the TO Jim (JimXIII) and his data entry slave John (Mard) without the efforts of these two chaps we'd be in quite the mess. I was really pleased to see a handful of locals show up to the event (and an actual busload from Newcastle – Australia's biggest hub of epic players) as well as several more walk ins throughout the day who came to see what it was all about. There's a growing community in Sydney now which is fantastic, more players, more potential opponents means more fun!

Titans, much like Castle Assault have been implementing “soft scores” like army composition, sports & painting scores which effect the final scores and placing. For anyone that's interested in more info on how this worked, check out the thread over here : http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.p ... 80480&st=0

So onto the tournament and how things went.

I ran the latest revision which looks to be identical with what is now the current DKOK list and Placed 5th out of 16

I've had a huge week since the tournament, so I apologise in advance for some of my vagueness (and if I seem like im babbling), silly me I didn't even make notes so lets try the old memory....

The list I took ...

REGIMENTAL HQ [600]
Death Korps Supreme Commander, 19 Death Korps Infantry units & 2 gorgons

INFANTRY COMPANY [500]
Death Korps Commander, 19 Death Korps Infantry units & 2 gorgons

DEATH RIDER COMPANY [275]
12 Death Korps Rough Rider units

DEATHSTRIKE SILO [200]
Death Korps Deathstrike Missile Silo

HEAVY TANK PLATOON [325]
2 Macharius Tanks, Macharius Command Tank

HEAVY SUPPORT BATTERY [125]
3 Hydra or Heavy Anti-Aircraft Platform

DEATH RIDER SCOUT PLATOON [150]
6 Death Korps Rough Rider units (with 'scout' ability)

SUPER-HEAVY TANK PLATOON [200]
Shadowsword

HEAVY SUPPORT BATTERY [200]
3 Earthshaker Platform

WARHOUND TITAN [275]

THUNDERBOLT FIGHTERS [150]
2 Thunderbolts

This tournament was a 3 game 1 day event.

My first opponent was Steel legion
unfortunately i don't have access to his full list but it was 8 activations that looked something similar to this.

big HQ chimera formation with hydra
10 russ formation with hydra
3 shadowsword formation with hydra and ogryns
hydra formation
deathstrikes
warhound
warhound
thunderbolts

Lyndsay was a late entrant and borrowed the army. top bloke and scored my vote for best sports, however it was his first outing with steel legion, having previously only played half a dozen games with minervans. He improved over the tournament and ended up finishing 9th and only 1 point outside of the very close 5th-8th.
I tried to help and coach him along through the game whilst still leaving decisions up to him as he's pretty cluey, He certainly suffered from not knowing what to expect which many of us have / still struggle with if you're facing a new army. this game certainly propelled me ahead as far as point standings, which eventually had a large impact on the final placings which had it of gone like my last 2 games it would have left me outside the top 10. I got pretty lucky that everything went my way, especially a critical roll after a drawn engagement when one of my core infantry formations broke his BTS (the russ) when he initiated the engagement. this made it exceptionally easy during 3rd turn as i'd depleted his army quite a lot leaving a lot of my activation's to pick off the remaining units in the BTS formation. the game ended on turn 3. 4-0 i didn't obtain the BLITZ and i secured nearly 2800pts (i think :-\ )

My second opponent was Ork gargants
Albork Orkstein’s Gargant Bigmob Ork Army v3.0.3.
Great Gargant 875
Death Kannon 75
Supa Zappa Gun 50
Mega-Lobba 50
Wyrd Boy Tower 25
Reinforced Boiler 25
Big Mek Free

Gargant 675
Mega-lobba 50
Supa Zapp Gun 50
Supa Zapp Gun 50
Power Fields 25
Wyrd Boy Tower 25
Big Mek Free

Gargant 675
Mega-lobba 50
Supa Zap Gun 50
Supa Zap Gun 50
More Dakka 25
Reinforced Boiler 25

Loota Warband 250
6 Boyz, 2 grots 175
2 Big Guns Free
Odd Boy 50
1 Boy + Grot 25

Fighta Sqwadron 150
3 Fighta Bommer

Fighta Sqwadron 150
3 Fighta Bommer

Stompa Mob 225
3 Stompa's
Killa Kan 25

Kendall is always a joy and pleasure to play. Top bloke and actually exceptionally good at the game, which saw him finish 3rd at the event.
It was great to have a crack at the bigmob list, as I've been very pleased with its progress and development happening over there in the orky section.
Kendall played smart and I made some little mistakes here and there that in some cases had a decent impact on the game. However I was very proud that I killed a great gargant that had 12 shields and then 12 DC, the the deathstrikes took 7 damage off the rest was a mix of shadow sword, macharius and the odd shoe. We'll glance over the fact that I got lucky with the fires causing a couple of points of damage.
In hindsight I really should have just concentrated on the normal gargants and done whatever I could to pester/avoid the GG. Anyway, several engagements and one nifty one from the death riders core formation which saw me break a gargant that later also died from fires / macharius / basilisks.
The game ended in turn 3 with conditions scores of 2-1 (BTS, TSNP vs BTS) in favor to Kendall. In a little victory though I did manage to do a lot of points worth of damage to Kendall.

My third opponent was Warhorde orks.

(BTS)Uge Blitz Brigade- 12 Gunwagons(350) Oddboy(50) Flakwagon(35)-435

Uge Blitz Brigade- 11 Gunwagons, 1 Flakwagon(350) Oddboy(50) -400

Uge Blitz Brigade- 11 Gunwagons, 1 Flakwagon(350) Oddboy(50) -400

Uge Blitz Brigade- 11 Gunwagons, 1 Flakwagon-350

Big Blitz Brigade- 7 Gunwagons, 1 Flakwagon-250

Kult of Speed- 8 Warbikes-200

Warband- 2 Nobz,6 Boyz,2 Grotz(200) Warlord(free) Oddboy(50) Big Gun(25)-275

Warband- 2 Nobz,6 Boyz,2 Grotz(200) Oddboy(50) Big Gun(25)-275

Simon's got a strong Warhammer fantasy background and plays competitively, regularly. Most recently placing 1st at Australia's largest fantasy tournament (8th), so needless to say his pretty switched on and a very solid opponent, his picked up epic very quickly.
The game itself was incredibly cagey, I spent a lot of the game bombing his bts with basilisks and a salvo from the deathstrikes (as there was not really any other formidable targets) and then once broken hitting them with thunderbolts which eventually scored me his BTS. By 3rd turn I got a little silly and belted forward getting a clipping assault off on one of his warbikes formations and just trying to get some board control on objectives. Which then left me open for a combined assault from his warboss calling in support with several formations to tackle. I got fairly lucky that it came down to a dice roll where he was up by 1, however he rolled exceptionally well and broke the formation (non bts). Other then that the game was relatively uneventful I did manage to do a fair bit of damage with the warhound, death riders and macharius which helped with victory points.
As far as victory conditions go, It ended up a draw and called for time at turn 3 due to the end of the tournament. It was 1-0 my way and then I was up by about 800 odd victory points. I was a bit miffed that in the 3rd round my shots from the macharius couldn't knock off one gunwagon that was denying T&H.
Great game over all and really taught me a lot about how I apply different formations within the army.

Overall i'm happy with the army, all of my opponents had no complaints about the list in general, its a far nicer army to face post revision. personally i've still got a lot to learn with the way i implement the big formations, prep engagements and even deploy the army. I had almost no chance for practice games leading up to the event. I'm looking forward to potentially running the army at Cancon in January, although i'm a little undecided at this stage.

Thanks for taking the time to read this obscene amount of text.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next