Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jimthewookie, Atcho, Moridin and Locknar battles

Post subject: Re: Jimthewookie and Atcho Imperial Fists Vs Admec Skitarii
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:50 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So any other thoughts about the IF army? were they fun to use? any clarifications needed at an armylist leve? did you find the centurions worthwhile?

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can give you an opponent's point of view.

IF Marines in fortifications are there for the game. Marines are already hard to kill Or break, and those fortifications make it nigh impossible without you wasting your entire army buying disrupt & IC weapons, if you are actually lucky to have any available to buy. And on top of the "you can't hurt me" factor, there's the whole "but now I can reach out and hurt you" game as well!

You may as well just ignore them if you can, and go after the 'soft' (I know they are not soft - but in comparison) marine armour and super heavies as they will be easier to deal with. Only engage the marines if you really really really have to.

I couldn't move the Marines, I couldn't shoot the marines, and that "I strike first cause I'm in a hole?" Rule means I couldn't assault the marines. They could shoot further than most marines and couldn't be hurt in return. It's a hard list to fight.

My Epic Army threads;
* Ad Mech (Skitarii, Cataphractii, Titan, IG Cadian)
* Marine (Xth Legion Iron Hands) TBA - soon!
* Necron (Scarab Conflict)
Batrep thread;
* Batreps (My armies being slaughtered by whomever & other battles.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Going after the other "not in a hole stuff" proved pretty effective to be fair. But yeah marines in bunkers are pretty tough to move. I don't mind that but i'm the fist player and i feel the trade off in mobiility i think balances it out as a first look but have to play them a few times.

I liked the centurions but didn't test them that heavily, they followed the fellblade around shooting at already damaged formations at whch they are pretty good. I like them from a fluff view as well. I will test them again to firm up my view.

I loved the thudds for the cheeky indirect "i have nothing else to do so lets chuck some blast markers on" and i love the idea of crew servced marine guns from a modelling perspective (and i will probably like the rapiers for the same reason)

The fell is scary as all get out on paper but being as slow as it is limits this impact. Not sure if its price is worth it yet but better believe i will play it again.

The VII involved in battle reports, probably fighting Atcho, Locknar or moridin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As much as I hated trying to fight it, it's still a good list. I'm just saying that it's a hard nut to crack. The centurians and super heavy are awesome fluff wise, and although it's harder to break than a west Australian sun spot, he was also fixed in place and immobile.

Your not getting that fell beast any cheaper Jim you cheese monkey (more to do with the actual colour of Jim's army than the list itself) - the only reason it didn't kill more is because it's pals killed everything before it got there...

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, and I forgot to add that bit about how awesome the vindicators are... were.....

Six yellow stug's thundering a cross the field held a lot of potential. Just they accidentally ran into the proletarians before rolling up the flank.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great report, good action shots and nice to see 2 well painted armies.

D.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

atcho wrote:
Oh, and I forgot to add that bit about how awesome the vindicators are... were.....

Six yellow stug's thundering a cross the field held a lot of potential. Just they accidentally ran into the proletarians before rolling up the flank.

yeah hard lesson learned, skitarii praetorians are scary as all get out........one day my vidi's will do well for me......one day

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

daemonkin wrote:
Great report, good action shots and nice to see 2 well painted armies.

D.

Thanks very much daemonkin appreciate it, another one coming soon i hope

Post subject: Re: Jimthewookie, Atcho, Moridin and Locknar battles
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey all i have renamed the thread to capture a bunch of battle reports from our little group over the next little while.

Next up for your enjoyment Moridin's pinkies vs Princess Desiree Potato's (account pending) dark angels hope you enjoys!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey gents just another little battle report from our little group. Up for today’s read forum member Moridin’s Emperors Children degenerates and another mate’s who isn’t a member but but tells us his forum name will be Princess Desiree Potato (PDP) Dark Angels (running of the Astarte’s list).

With only a small amount more faffing about, apologies in advance i'm a little pics light for this one, a few too many were blurry.

The list used for the Dark Angels:
https://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choo ... 47~553~549

The list used by the Emperor’s Children
https://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choo ... 4~36x5~541

Most of the angel deployment

Children deployment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 1: The manoeuvre around not much doing turn. DA initiative, gave first turn to EC. Dark Angels deployment zone is northern table edge.

Moridin led out putting his Hell blades on CAP PDP responded by putting his Thunderbolts put on CAP, no we don’t know why either.

Subjugator doubles, firing on western DA garrison, killing a dreadnought the DA devastators double occupy the western church. The EC western armour company doubles, firing on devastators in the church missing completely.

The DA land raiders double firing on the subjugator and missing with a 1 Yahtzee, PDP the DA owner (who is very hung over) literally throws a dice brick out the door……..this will not be the last of this.

EC noise marine retinue doubles and fires on western garrison killing 1 stand; the god machine reaver advances fires on noise retinue kills 2 noise, 1 regular and 2 rhinos, 6bm applied.

EC raptors march flanking behind north west forest and make ominous and disturbing noises as raptors (mutated oath betraying freaks that they are ……..I know my loyalist colours are showing…….back on topic) the DA respond in the form of whirlwinds sustain on raptors 2 killed 2 saves.

The EC Havoc retinue doubles to the centre hill and bail out; the DA eastern tacticals on over watch fire at end of 2nd impulse killing 3. The survivors return fire but all hits saved.

The DA Predator destructors double west firing on the raptors missing completely. The EC eastern retinue march occupying the north eastern building complex.

The DA advance with the annihilators killing 2 rhinos in the centre havoc retinue breaking the unit. Moridin chooses to stay put hoping for a good rally given the size of the unit.

EC eastern armour company doubles to the eastern hill firing on the central tactical squad all hits saved though. PDP may not be able to hit anything but as a rule good with armour saves……until EC Knights double firing on central tacticals again killing 5 units including captain breaking the unit……the knights are given a new nickname which I wont repeat here.

field at the end of turn 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2 DA initiative EC termis teleport onto DA blitz

Sensing the imminent death of the whirlwinds at the hands of masochistic termis DA advance them and fire on centre retinue, 1 stand and 1 rhino killed, broken, retreats to southern building complex. The DA retain with the predator destructors sustaining on the raptors 2 killed breaking the unit who run back to south west hill.

Annoyed at the escape of the whirlwinds the EC Subjugator charges land raiders (to the ensuing of much excited cheering) 1 lr casualty 1 save, in a spree of ridiculous rolling 1 damage on subjugator, Land raiders lose on roll off taking 2 more pop casualties and break to what is now nicknamed the northern hill of cowardice.

The EC retain with east armour company advancing and firing on predator annihilators killing 3 and breaking the unit…….another dice brick joins the growing pile outside the door………nope not at the end yet. DA devastators sustain on the east armour company in an excellent display of moridin rolling he saves the predators and brews the raiders on saves breaking the unit. DA retains with Reaver turning the impudent subjugator into slag. On the upside it enjoyed it…….crazy crazy slannesh followers.

EC knights advance firing on east tactical inflicting 5 casualties among the marines breaking the unit and cementing the knightly nickname. The EC retain with the centre havoc retinue double firing on the whirlwinds killing 1.

DA call in thunderbolts who attack bts noise retinue killing a marine and a rhino breaking the unit who retreat to the growing EC hill of cowardice behind the western objective. EC Hell blades are called in for intercept downing both thunderbolts ending the turn pretty spectacularly.

Field at the end of turn 2........yeah its a lot less.........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 3: DA initiative.......yeah its not going to be pretty

DA open the turn with sustain fire from the whirlwinds against the havoc retinue killing 1 havoc 2 grunts and a rhino. The DA retain with reaver shooting the knights one of whom melts and 3 others take wounds quite a few saves pass.

The objective grab begins with the EC’s freshly rallied raptors jump onto their own blitz. The EC retain with the western armour company destroying a predator destructor. DA sustain with destructors on Moridin’s BTS retinue who all pass saves but are broken by blast marker though and retreat to their own western objective (EC hill of cowardice).

The EC Havoc retinue sustain on whirlwinds, killing 1, whirlwinds broken. The DA double to contest EC west objective (hill of cowardice) and fire on BTS retinue missing completely but popping one with a blast marker, even I’m feeling sorry for PDP at this point.

EC centre havoc retinue fires on devastators killing 3 but they remain in place cancelling 2 victory points and ending the DA activations.

The EC Terminators occupy the DA blitz and shoot whirlwinds for good measure killing 1.

The EC Hell blades are called in firing on devastators killing 1 and breaking the unit.

The EC: Knights march securing western objective and EC eastern armour company secures own objective drastically swinging the victory points.

END GAME
battle field at the end

EC 4 nil……yeah ouch
Occupy 2 enemy objectives
Occupy 3 own objectives
No unbroken enemy in own half
Blitz
Clearly PDP copped 2 extra VP against with the successful hell blade last minute strafe but poor DA got owned.

Last edited by jimthewookie on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantastic fight, did not predict the end result. Thought for sure the Children would be getting smashed, especially comparing casualties after the first turn.

Really enjoyed running the EC, quite different style with the (relatively) short ranged disruption weapons forcing a lot of maneuver to get the most out of the force.

Battle Reports Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice report. Any thoughts on list balance for EC 4.0? Did the knights seem OP to you, or was that a combo of lucky shooting and lucky saving? They did a lot of damage...
Thanks for taking the list out for a spin!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next