Login |  Register |  FAQ

Jimthewookie, Atcho, Moridin and Locknar battles

Post subject: Jimthewookie, Atcho, Moridin and Locknar battles
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey gents just a little battle report member Atcho bullied me into………. something about giving back to the community that’s enabling.....sorry.......supporting us. Given we both have armies that champions need battle reports for here we go. This is my first go at this sort of thing so any tips please let me know
With only a small amount more faffing about……..

The list used for the Imperial Fists (IF):
https://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choo ... 0~16x1~512

The list used by the Admec Skitarii (AM):
https://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choo ... ~29x2~82x1

Some pics of deployment, sorry for the quality of these i will sort something for better broad perspective shots in future reports

The VII involved in battle reports, probably fighting Atcho, Locknar or moridin

Last edited by jimthewookie on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Jimthewookie and Atcho Imperial Fists Vs Admec Skitarii
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 1: The manoeuvre around not much doing turn. IF initiative

Fists decided early to try to blast marker up the Macharius heavy tanks; Centre Tactical squad sustains at them and the retaining Eastern Tactical sustain at them as well all hits saved ……this will start to seem familiar. The bare plastic old school robots are pretending to be thudd guns

The AM Minorus respond by sustain firing against centre tactical, 4 hits, 4 saves……..much wook rejoicing……bit of AM cursing. The AM attempt to retain to call in avenger mission, which in a style that will come to define them fail to activate and stand down.

IF March Centurions, occupying the south western hill; AM March colossus robots occupying north western hill containing wook objective 2

IF vindicators double to the eastern flank, taking cover behind the forest, with much Atcho heckling about the apparent cowardice of IF tankers…….a bit harsh I feel. AM Minorus transporting praetorian’s marches flanking east

IF March Predators taking cover behind the central town…….but not well enough as the AM sustain with the Macharius tanks, killing 1 of them.

IF whirlwinds advance to bring guns into range……..lack of range is hurting, lots of AM guns have range……..
AM crusaders march along the western flank occupying south western forest , IF land raiders double and shoot at the colossus robots, 1 kill 2 saves and AM Skitarii century re-establish overwatch.

IF Devastators double and shoot colossus robots 1 kill, colossus broken, AM Skitarii century remain on overwatch. IF Fellblade doubles and yet more shooting at the colossus the remaining colossus die.

AM Reaver Titan advances and fires at the devastators 12 hits with only 1 raider dying (to Atcho's horror and wook's glee) 1 stand of devs die in the forced bailout.

End of turn 1 Pic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks like fun !!!!! :spin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2 the turn of pain and oddities: IF initiative

IF declare exterminatus on the reaver, Raiders advance, shoot the reaver for 4 hits, void shields down; IF retain Fellblade sustains and puts 2 points of damage on reaver

AM Atcho shrugs and activates the reaver which sustains on devs (which for those paying attention is my break their spirit that I had stupidly put in range) 1 raider 1 Hunter 1 dev killed, devs broken retreat behind southern forest.

In a less spectacular manoeuvre AM retain with Minorus, fail action, shoot at centre tactical squad, all misses!

IF activate whirlwinds hitting both reaver and western skitarii, all hits saved. AM double macharius tanks shoot predators, miss. Yeah the middle part of this turn sucks I know…….moving on….

IF Predators advance into the centre and fire on reaver, inflicting 2 points of damage (including a critical) after saves, Reaver broken.

AM activate avengers and attempts to strafe broken devs (as BTS objective), Hunters flak misses…..and so does Atcho! Devs still have 1 strip left.
IF centre Tactical sustains on reaver, 1 damage after saves

In a move we both knew was coming but were just waiting to see who would go first AM crusaders robots both look awesome (some of my favourite of atcho’s figs) and advance out from their cover and shoot raiders, 1 kill, in response IF centurions advance and shoot the crusaders in retaliation 2 killed and broken.

AM western skitarii marshal stripping BM

IF eastern tactical sustain shot on reaver, lowly thudd gun scores a damage after saves off board IF forward observes note engine kill……gunner Forbus was as surprised as everyone else was…….wont stop him painting a reaver sillouette on the gun shield of his thudd though!

AM Eastern skitarii remain on overwatch

IF Advance vindicators through the eastern forest firing on transport minors carry praetorians, 2 shields down other 2 hits saved, attempting to respond with pain AM Transport minorus and praetorians advance fails to activate so they disembark.

these pics suggest the praetorians are in for pain........they are not

End Turn

I just like this photo

Last edited by jimthewookie on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Legion 4, yes indeed it was! great fight and new gear for both of us

more to come i hope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 3: AKA when IF armour melts into yellow goo. IF initiative

IF predators advance shoot Macharius, 4 hits 4 saves. IF retain vindicators sustain on praetorians, 2 kills 3 saves, man those guys are tough….love them!

AM Minorus sustains against whirlwinds, 1 macro melt (bad Atcho roll, yeah there were a lot of those).

AM retain Engage with praetorians against vindicators. Vindicators get wiped out hard

IF fellblade doubles shoot macharius, misses totally, but looks awesome doing so, IF retain middle tactical sustains against Macharius, all saved. AM sustain against predators with macharius, 2 kills predators broken……….man I loved those tanks……but torn cause I love the ones that killed them.

IF Raiders double, flanking west around forest behind Minorus, 4 hits 2 shields down 2 saves. AM west skitarii engage raiders revealing secutor nasties hidden within…..1 raider, 1 secutor and 1 skitarii killed Fists lose on roll off and withdraw. Wook learns lesson of if blue glow in Atcho’s infantry don’t go near it for the second time this turn!

IF centurions advance shoot broken crusaders lurking near western objective 2 kills wipe them out. Pity they are grey plastic old dreads.....must paint

AM skitarii east cower (overwatch again) note the pic is really similar to the first pic......its not though

IF devastator attempts to march to safety, fails and breaks himself! AM avengers called on to finish off the dev with the auto blast marker…………but you guessed it fail to activate and stand down, the show of horrible dancing will remain undescribed.

IF eastern tactical sustain against macharius 1 CP damage 1 save, finally scratched the paint.
Whirlwinds fire the last shot blast pointing the macharius enough to break them……man I hate those things!

END GAME
Final battlefield
IF 2 (break their spirit and no unbroken enemy in half, could also have had 3 objectives chose to break macharius cause reasons…….we all know what it was)
AM 0 (narrowly missing break their spirit for 1)
given these are both armies who's champions are chasing feedback i'll post some reflection on the lists and invite atcho to do the same.

i just like this pic too

thanks for reading everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:09 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

great report Jim! many thanks for taking the time to write it up, those macharius shrugged off so much! but it was nice to see the reaver go down in flames, kudos for the effort and holding to the plan.... I just love that a thudd gun took it down!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In true selfless, considerate Ad Mech style (yeah.... no), it was a conscious choice by Legate "00101001-3" commanding the reaver to throw himself out in front of the line in a deliberate effort to exhaust the IF ammunition supplies. Unfortunately he must have data dumped the small detail about no one runs out....
Oh well, he died an Ad Mech hero - which is good - as if he had of survived I would have rendered him into paste and fed him to the praetorians.

Good to see the batrep Wook, it's was a fun game and followed what has become a standard pattern when ever me and jimthewookie take the field against one another;
figures deployed - Atcho's arse handed to him - hands shake - figures packed up.

points from game from me;
1. IF marines In fortifications has a peculiar effect of making land raiders the "soft" option. Ouch.
2. IF Fellblade was awesome to look at.... but not touch.
3. My die rolling ability is easily worth another 1500 points to my opponent. I should be allowed to use a d10 for all my rolling - that would put me on about even with Jim.

Was fun game though. Played in really good spirit and containing a fair amount of "happy dancing" (ref: basketball).

My Epic Army threads;
* Ad Mech (Skitarii, Cataphractii, Titan, IG Cadian)
* Marine (Xth Legion Iron Hands) TBA - soon!
* Necron (Scarab Conflict)
Batrep thread;
* Batreps (My armies being slaughtered by whomever & other battles.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

and yes... even I appreciate the irony of an awesome god machine of war brought down by...

a f@%kin thudd gun!

Just another entry in jims "im never going to let you forget the day I killed this... with that..." book of smug.

And just like sharps rifles - every time that thudd gun takes a field from now on, regardless of objectives or costs, IT MUST DIE.
All in good fun and jest though.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:17 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the report! it's cool to see the Skitarii getting some action :) That was an amazing number of saves in there.

It was a bit hard to follow, but did you guys play the AM robots with Automaton? It looked like you did, but I can't tell around the time the robots got shot when broken.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Thanks for the report! it's cool to see the Skitarii getting some action :) That was an amazing number of saves in there.

It was a bit hard to follow, but did you guys play the AM robots with Automaton? It looked like you did, but I can't tell around the time the robots got shot when broken.

Yep.

That rule sort of saved my "backside" so to speak.

At first we forgot about it completely, but after a quick check realized it existed and through the great sportsmanship of jim we "time teleported back" and fixed the error. However, the sheer amount of firepower headed at the little robot fella's once big daddy got taken out by THAT F@&K'n THUDD GUN!!!! (Yep - sore point) meant that no amount of special rules was keeping them on the field very long.
It wasn't blast markers that killed them of... it was just the sheer amount of kill hits from the Fisters.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yet another case of insanely good Wookie rolling vs insanely bad Atcho rolling. All is right in the world.

Battle Reports Thread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

moridin wrote:
Yet another case of insanely good Wookie rolling vs insanely bad Atcho rolling. All is right in the world.

It will sort itself out once you & me run our armies at each other... at least then we both roll as retarded as each other.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
great report Jim! many thanks for taking the time to write it up, those macharius shrugged off so much! but it was nice to see the reaver go down in flames, kudos for the effort and holding to the plan.... I just love that a thudd gun took it down!

was getting pretty desperate to finish it off before the shields could be brought back by the time i was shooting it with thudds but it was pretty funny way to finish the job! plus as atchos follow up responses have shown far more annoying to my opponent.

Vaaish wrote:

Was a freakish number of passed saves on both sides yes. Skitarii on the field was very cool and full of small nasty surprises, particularly the infantry. I enjoyed fighting them; thier capacity to turn armour to goop is pretty impressive. Atcho i see already answered the other question in your post

moridin wrote:

ahh classic moridin :-\ .........so we just going to ignore the 17 straight saves made by the macharius? (not to mention the preatorians)........cant dispute the atcho crucial time bad rolling......thats a factor, avenger squadron gave him a particular doing over!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimthewookie wrote:
ahh classic moridin :-\ .........so we just going to ignore the 17 straight saves made by the macharius? (not to mention the preatorians)........cant dispute the atcho crucial time bad rolling......thats a factor, avenger squadron gave him a particular doing over!

The Avenger crew have already been reassigned..... to the breakfast bar in the paetorians barracks, as a "pre sliced for your convenience" appetizer.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;