Login |  Register |  FAQ

AM SKITTARI vs CODEX MARINES 3K

Post subject: AM SKITTARI vs CODEX MARINES 3K
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok did another battle report. This time AM Skittari face odd against Codex Marines again. This battle was mainly for trying out the transport minorus option for the skittaris.

My Force:

Skittari demi-Century+Magos+Hydra 400p
Skittari Demi-Century+Transport Minoris 375p
Sagitarii Maniple+rapiers+ transport minoris 425 (BTS)
Collosus 250p
Collosus 250p
Minoris Company (Laser burners on both) 300p
Avengers 225p
Avengers 225p
Warhound 275p
Warhound275p

3000p/10 Activations.

Attachments:
bild (28).JPG
bild (28).JPG [ 132.25 KiB | Viewed 2347 times ]

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: AM SKITTARI vs CODEX MARINES 3K
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heres my opponents list:

DEVASTATOR [425]
4 Devastators, Supreme Commander, Rhinos, Hunter

BIKE [250]
4 Bike Unit, Chaplain, Attack Bike

PREDATOR [325]
4 Annihilator, Hunter

SCOUT [150]
4 Scouts, Rhinos

TERMINATOR [400]
4 Terminators, Chaplain

TERMINATOR [400]
4 Terminators, Chaplain

THUNDERHAWK [200]

THUNDERHAWK [200]

THUNDERBOLT SQUADRON [175]
2 Thunderbolt Fighters

WARHOUND [275]
1 Warhound Class Titan

LAND SPEEDER [200]
5 Landspeeder

3000p / 11 Activations

Attachments:
bild (29).JPG
bild (29).JPG [ 95.82 KiB | Viewed 2346 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Setup:

AM Garrisons Fotslogging Skittaris in forest close to AM Blitz.

Attachments:
startturn1.jpg
startturn1.jpg [ 108.99 KiB | Viewed 2344 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

will post the rest later... time for New years party! :spin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Both Terminator formations teleport in on the left flank near the AM BTS. 1 of the formations recieve 1 BM.

TURN 1: SM wins initiative.

Terminators 1 engages the AM BTS. With the supporting fire of the other terminators it kills all the stands and leaves the Minrois with 1 DC left. The minoris flees towards the AM Blitz. 1 stand of terminators is lost.

Terminators 2 tries to retain, but even with the help of SC they hold. They fire on AM Warhound 1 and strips 1 shield.

AM Warhound 1 sustains on Terminators 1 and wipes the formation.

Scouts doubles into buildings on right flank.

Avengers 1 ground attack terminators 2 and kills 1 stand.

Thunderbolts go on CAP.

Collosus 1 on left flank doubles and fires on terminators. The formation breaks and they flee behind a small mountain.

Devastators (BTS) doubles into buildings in the center of the board. They fire on Collosus 1 and kills 1 robot.

Collosus 2 doubles on right flank and fires on Scouts in buildings. 1 BM.

Land Speeders doubles on left flank, fires on Collosus 1. 1 BM.

AM Warhound 2 advances on right flank and fires on Scouts. 1 stand die.

Predators doubles up to the centre and fires on Collosus 1. They kill 1 robot and break the formation.

Skittaris on OW near AM Blitz doubles into central buildings and fire on Predators. 1 BM.

Bikes doubles to the center. Fires on Skittaris. 1 BM.

Avengers 2 ground attacks Scouts in building on right flank. Thunderbolts intercept but only manages 1 BM on Avengers. The Avengers then kill 1 scout stand.

Thunderhawk 1 ground atatcks Skittaris in the middle, kills 2 stands.

Minoris Co. doubles towards Scouts and fires on them. 1BM.

Thunderhawk 2 ground attacks Skittaris in the middle. Kills 2 stands and the formation braks. They flee back into the woods near the AM Blitz.

Skittaris in transport minoris marches into buildings in the center.

SM Warhound doubles deep into AM territory on right flank and fires on Collosus 2. 2 robots die.

END PHASE:

Skittaris rally.
Collosus 1 rally.
AM BTS (now a lone transport minoris) fail to rally.
Terminators 2 rally.

Attachments:
endtturn1.jpg
endtturn1.jpg [ 109.82 KiB | Viewed 2335 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

TURN 2: SM wins initiative.

Devastators (BTS) doubles towards Skittaris in central buildings and fires at them. Strips 1 shield off the transport Minoris.

Bikes retain initiative and engages the same Skittari formation. With supporting fire from SM BTS and Predators they win the battle and the Skittaris flees towards the SM Blitz.

AM Warhound 2 advances towards SM Warhound and fires at it. Both shields are striped and 1 damage is done. Crossfire is claimed and the SM Warhound breaks. It flees behind buildings on SM Side of the table.

Land Speeders advance towards Am Warhound 1 on ledt flank and shoots at it. Both shields go down.

AM Warhound 1 moves out of the ZoC of the Land Speeders and shoots at them. 2 Speeders are destroyed.

Predators advance towards broken Skittaris near SM Blitz. Thet shoot at Minoris and destroys it. 3 more stands die due to BM:s.

Avengers 1 ground attack SM Warhound. Hunter flak from Predators miss them. Nothing happens.

Thunderhawk 1 stands down.

Avengers 2 ground attack Scouts on right flank. Kills 1 rhino and breaks the formation who flees behind a forest near SM deployemnt zone.

Thunderhawk 2 ground attacks broken Skittaris and wipes them out.

Skittaris in forest near AM Blitz Marshalls and sheds all their BM:s. Moves forward.

Terminators on left flank Marshalls and moves behind cover of a mountain.

Collosus 1 on the left flank Marshalls and shoots at Land Speeders. 1 BM.

Thunderbolts ground attack broken AM BTS. Flak fire from Collosus 1 hits both planes and they Jink. 1 Thunderbolt goes down.

Minoris Co. doubles toward middle buildings and fires on bikes that breaks.

Collosus 2 on right flank goes on OW.

END PHASE:

Scouts fail to rally
SM Warhound fails to rally (yes!!)
Bikes rally
AM BTS fails to rally (again...)

Attachments:
endturn2.jpg
endturn2.jpg [ 110.86 KiB | Viewed 2332 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 3: SM wins initiative.

Predators doubles forward and shoots at Minoris Co. Strips 2 shields and do 1 damage.

Devastators (BTS) retain and go on OW.

Collosus 1 holds and shoots at Land Speeders. Kills 2 and breaks the formation.

Thunderbolts stand down.

AM Warhound doubles towards the left SM T&H objective. Fires on terminators, only 1 BM.

Terminators doubles towards AM Warhound 1 and fires at it. Strips 1 shield and do 1 damage.

Avengers 1 ground attacks terminators. 1 BM.

Bikes marches across the board to the SM T&H objective on right flank.

Avengers 2 ground attack the bikes. 1 bike die and the formation breaks.

Thunderhawk 1 ground assaults AM Warhound 1. Destroys it.

Collosus 2 break their OW and doubles towards the lone bike chaplain on the right flank. Tey fire at im and kills him.

Thunderhawk 2 ground assaults Collosus 2 on right flank but looses the engagemnt and goes bang!

AM warhound 2 doubles towards SM BTS in the middle. OW-fire from the BTS strips both it's shields. AM WArhound 2 fires on the formation and kills the SC!

AM Skittari doubles with the help of their SC and shoots at the SM BTS. 1 rhino is destroyed.

Minoris Co. engages the SM BTS and with supporting fire from AM Warhound 2 and Skittaris they wipe the formation! BTS objectie is claimed.

END PHASE:

SM Warhound rallies
SCouts rally
Land Speeders fail to rally (T&H is claimed by AM because of this)
AM BTS (lone transport minoris) rally.

Victory to the AM Skittaris 2 (BTS and T&H) - 0

Attachments:
endturn3.jpg
endturn3.jpg [ 109.46 KiB | Viewed 2327 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My houghts:

Warhounds and Avengers where great as usual. Would not do a list without them. I still maintain my view that Warhound should only be available in packs. They're just too good as single choices. This can't be a new thought!?

Collosus performed well also. Their AA attacks makes them really good to guard objectives from Thunderhawks and such. i really like them!

Not using Crusaders was stupid since teleporters can have a field day with lone formations... The Sout ZoC is really needed to protect valuable units from first turn assaults.

The transport minoris was hard to judge in this battle. one unit got slaughtered right off the bat and the other stayed in buildings most of the time. It was nice to move the Skittaris much faster though.

What i really liked was the Minoris Co with laser burners. An ok assault formation by them selves and pretty good too guard objectives i think.

Will use this list again against another list thats plays differently then SM. I will ask one of my gaming friends to play my Orks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

huh - I'd looked at the laser burner option co. but dismissed it as too slow. Might have to look again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:28 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Sounds like a fun game. Bit of tough luck with the BTS getting shredded like that. It's a good reason to have crusaders or at least have your BTS in a position where you can support with other formations.

I find it interesting that you seem to spend about 1/3 of your points on warhounds and avengers. How do you think your list would perform if you dropped one of each or took a warhound pack and one avenger squadron?

Quote:
Warhounds and Avengers where great as usual. Would not do a list without them. I still maintain my view that Warhound should only be available in packs. They're just too good as single choices. This can't be a new thought!?

This isn't very likely to happen. You pay 550 for two warhounds, basically 50 points for gaining an extra activation and all that entails. Packs just make warhounds harder to break and frees up 50 points for either better weapons or other activations. The effect of taking a pack vs a single is pretty conditional sometimes it helps and others it does nothing.

Quote:
The transport minoris was hard to judge in this battle. one unit got slaughtered right off the bat and the other stayed in buildings most of the time. It was nice to move the Skittaris much faster though.

You won't be using them to pack up and run all over the field. Think of them as paying 125 points for AA, damage sponge, and the ability to very quickly get a formation into a good position. I rarely use them with the demi-century since I don't gain a whole lot. Most of the time I put them with Sagitarii and double to get them into a building or other heavy cover where they have good LOF. Basically it lets me get into a position where the Sagitarii can sustain and are very hard to shift. For me that's well worth 125 points.

Quote:
What i really liked was the Minoris Co with laser burners. An ok assault formation by them selves and pretty good too guard objectives i think.

This is a different formation. I don't think I've seen it played before. I'll be interested to see how it performs with Orks. Have you thought about attaching a lasburner Minorus to a Praetorian maniple?

That should put about about 6.5 regular CC hits and 2.5 MW hits for around 375 points. The benefit is the fearless praetorians with their invulnerable save and the added autocannons for softening up from range.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Quote:

This isn't very likely to happen. You pay 550 for two warhounds, basically 50 points for gaining an extra activation and all that entails. Packs just make warhounds harder to break and frees up 50 points for either better weapons or other activations. The effect of taking a pack vs a single is pretty conditional sometimes it helps and others it does nothing.
Well we might play them differently but for 275 points the single warhound is a very good unit. It got a lot of firepower, its fast, fearless, it activates on 1+ and it got shields. The option with a pack doesn't make them a bad unit, but when you start hitting 500p for a single formation they get into another league... It's kind of hard to explain but generally expensive units is kind of easier to just ignore or you gather a lot of firepower and takes them out. Lets say you got one pack and the opponent assaults with terminators or fires with his own titans the pack will most likely have one warhound killed and the other on the run. Compared with if there would have been two formations then the loss would have been one hound and the other would retaliate. (I know this might be a tactical decision and it will certainly not work this way always but...) Also we use the Warhounds to "clean up" after other formations because of their great mobility and somewhat good fire range, to spend 500p (2 titans) on this would often be a waste.
Compare it with units that costs around 275p and I feel that they are somewhat overpowered, but compare the pack with units for 500p and the look a lot more balanced. Lets say we give this option to the Eldar, a lone Revenant titan for 350p would be fielded in my army a lot more then the pair.
Like I said it might be our gaming environment but the lone dog for 275p is just too good not to take so almost every battle we fight we include it in our list. Not sure this is a problem as the titans is a big part of the epic experience but I still think they would see some battles as a pair. (We also have the fluff-argument of pack-hunting...)

Ohh, this was a long post again... Don't think the warhounds is destroying the game so take my comments with that in mind

and Great report Mordoten!