Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Bad Trader Alerts: Master Thread.

Post subject: Re: Bad Trader Alerts: Master Thread.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey all,

Markfieldbankerminiatures (or something like that) recently bought up an incomplete Warmonger set. He is now selling the components seperately at around 75 quid a pop....BUT, he has allowed the make an offer feature. I think everyone on here should make him an offer for each of the items....say 2.50 or so. Anyway, I have :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool idea Zap ;D
sounds fair
offered him
3-5 pounds per part :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Moscovian wrote:
*Snip-snip*

Now here is an interesting thing about Paypal - if you cannot provide tracking for a package then Paypal will most likely find in favor of the buyer.  So for international packages, shippers are pretty much at the mercy of the buyer.  I had a receipt and a Customs number, but apparently this is not enough proof for Paypal. When you or the buyer escalate a claim dispute and ask Paypal to solve the matter for you, this is their default judgment after 10 days.  GOOD TO KNOW THIS.

*Snip-snip*

Sorry to hear your misadventure, this kind of experience can really leave a sour taste. That's mostly the reason why, when I buy from abroad, I always ask if I can pay a little more and have registered shipping (I'm from Italy, too).

The main reason is that our postal service is very "sloppy" (i.e. packages are known to magically disappear, but only if they are not tracked or insured...).

Ending my rant, I just want to suggest to anyone shipping goods to Italy, ALWAYS try to get the buyer to accept some kind of registered shipping. Otherwise, even if the buyer is completely honest, you risk going through undeserved trouble, just because a lousy postman decided to throw a package into the bin instead of delivering it a little far away.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel this issue very strong, and I always feel a little ashamed to explain this to the buyers I purchase from...

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Armand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I guess I finally need to post this here.

Last year (literally 12 months ago), Chris Hayes organised a group purchase of a large set of loose Chaos models. I participated in it and now, a year later, the models have still not arrived. Sporadic updates from Chris indicate one problem or another (travel, trouble with landlord, parcel was shipping but not really, parcel found again, etc.) at roughly quarterly intervals.

I haven't actually paid for the models yet so this is more in the order of an annoying trade. That said, I did pay for a lot of Tyranid proxies from the talented E&C who passed them on to Chris for inclusion in the package. Thus, the annoyance has some monetary issue to it as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm in on that "buy" too. He's been posted to a far away Asian or African country from memory. Hence no contact. Last I heard he was trying to get his mother to sort it out but she seems to have not sorted it out. I say we put TRC's mother on the Bad traders lsit :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dobbsy, I got the same explanation in the summer. In August he came back saying that he is back in the Uk and found the (not shipped) parcel at his mom's place. Nothing since.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I am in the same situation with TRC, but again i haven't actually paid either, so could be worse.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
I am in the same situation with TRC, but again i haven't actually paid either, so could be worse.

+1

Not really missing it though.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

TRC has been in the UK for some months now...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 pm 
I'm a bad person. I sent some stuff to Illuvitar but didn't pack it that great, and some stuff got bent.

But, Otterware satisfaction is guaranteed, and he will be made happy. I swear it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is this some kind of weird masochistic thing where you tell us you've been a naughty boy and beg for punishment?

Night Lords 0.1
My Trade Thread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:20 pm 
Yes. Or no.

Edit - or rather, I should have asked "Is that OK with you?"

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just want to give you guys a heads up on an ebay seller that I think you may want to avoid or be very careful with. 'sanxion' will be putting some Imperial guard back up soon.

About a week ago He put up a number of, metal heavy, Guard auctions. (I asked him if he would sell me the lot in one go. (Dodgy I know don't tell ebay on me) He promptly took all the auctions down and gave me a price of I think about $200 including P&P.

I said ok, but can I have an exact list of what I'm getting and/or a clear picture of everything? (there was no list of the items on the auctions just a WYSIWYG and an out of focus picture of what looked like a lot of mini's).

He's spent the last week giving me excuses and vague lists like 'there looks like some maintenence / repair ones, mortar ones im assuming are griffons, AA ones im asuming are medusas, there are lemus russ' of course, hellhounds, baneblades and shadowswords, vindicators and whirlwinds'. Also a few out of focus close up pictures that could have just been a hand full of miniatures. The tanks that I could make out where mostly 2st edition bombards and basilisks mixed with current Russ and chimeras. This after I'd asked him twice to provide 1 clear picture of everything if he wasn't sure of the names.

All this combined with he would not go through Ebay and his bad feedback led me to say no thank you.

I realise I should not have approached him like this and it may just be my paranoia but I don't want to see anyone getting caught out. Check out his feedback he has ripped of a number of people before. I'm really only posting this as owing to GW pulling the plug on SG people may be tempted to risk it.

I can provide 2 of the 3 original ebay links but I don't think they are permitted here. Good luck if you decide to give him a go.

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152991

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Doubt I'll be trying to trade on Taccomms any longer. The system here sucks. No accountability or fairness at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:31 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Can you clarify?

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next