Login |  Register |  FAQ

Interesting site for those who still play Epic 40k

Post subject: Interesting site for those who still play Epic 40k
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I found this site, I think anyone who plays 3rd ed. will find some stuff of interest on it.

http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41k/

Post subject: Re: Interesting site for those who still play Epic 40k
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,
is this your stuff?
I just finished reading it.

What i can say is, that we as well piled up the houserules till we literaly had our own version of the game.
Still it's a neverending story and we still tweak something after about every 2-3 games.

I hate the you-go-I-go system and we dropped it completly. But i do like the idea of giving the orders first, and then move/shoot.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Interesting site for those who still play Epic 40k
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No the site isn't mine I just found some of the information interesting (I was more interested in the various army/detachement lists and the new 'special abilities') I have really been searching the internet and various data bases for old info.

I downloaded your (Athistaur) groups rules and army lists. Enjoyed the lists, but unfortunately haven't yet found the patience to read through the rules with my poor grasp of German :-[

When playing we do alternate detachments in the shooting phase but not the movement phase or assault phase.

We play with smaller forces, about 1000-1500 pt. total, consisting of only three to four detachments per side. The table we are playing on isn't very large and if the forces were much larger we would loose too much maneuverability. If our armies were larger I could see alternating movement to add further tactical complexity.

Pretty much we play by 'the book'. The 'feel' of the game is very tactical and we really like it.
The more I play the more I enjoy the game.

Another interesting Epic 3rd. ed. site I recently ran into (also not mine) is: http://www.rutins.com/fiverings/epic40k.html