Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

AMTL 3.17

Post subject: AMTL 3.17
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

War Gryphonnes Titan Legion army list, v3.17.

Changes for 3.17:

Turbolaser Destructor goes from 25 to 35 pts.
Warhound Weapons special rule deleted, general weapons rule modified.
New army list structure adopted in order to allow a few more activations into the list

Attachments:
WarGryphons3.17.pdf [1.35 MiB]
Downloaded 1122 times

Post subject: Re: AMTL 3.17
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The rules about weapons choice is elegant, even if it 'forces' to take pairs of Turbolasers.

I saw minor bugs with the grey and white lines in the Adeptus Mechanicus PDF list (Artillery/Praetorians, Flak/Light Transportation and Heavy Transportaion/Praetorians).

Last edited by Flogus on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't see how splitting off Warhounds and reducing the number of support formations to one per core formation can increase the number of activations.

In general I have no problems with things costing something besides 25-point increments, but having only one thing in a list that costs 35 points could be a problem.

Also, I'm not sure I like the new Titan Weapons rule. I'll need to take it for a test drive. ;D

Last edited by Dwarf Supreme on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I don't see how splitting off Warhounds and reducing the number of support formations to one per core formation can increase the number of activations.

Because now you can effectively get 3 support activations for each core formation, instead of 2 support per core as before... and AMTL cores are expensive...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Quote:

Because now you can effectively get 3 support activations for each core formation, instead of 2 support per core as before... and AMTL cores are expensive...

Ok, that makes sense, assuming you take Warhounds, which is a pretty safe assumption.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Indeed, Warhounds were still winning out over other Support choices, so splitting them off might make for some more variance in lists.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Initial thoughts: TLD does solve the no brainer problem but it might move it in the opposite direction or just make it worthwhile to take more? Will need to play with it. I love the new structure at first glance, but might it cause too much emphasis on the warhounds? Just putting together a quick list basing things on two reavers as core I ended up having to take 2 warhound and a single (additional note, taking the single gave me enough points to take CML on both reavers and a legate as well as enough point free to add tlds to the warhounds) to fill out points after taking sentinels for scouting. THis seems to allow some rather significant warhound spam which I thought was a problem ages ago (4 singles or 6 in packs seems a rather large amount of warhounds). Might it work better to reverse this and have 1 scout formation per core and 2 support per core? I'm still a little concerned about the whole BTS thing but the changes to the list structure might help reduce the effect with more activations available to contest objectives.

Skitarii: I like the reduction in units. Artillery is an interesting option with only manticores and bombards. I'd be tempted to say that they could even drop to 3 rather than 6 to make outfitting the minorus as artillery a more attractive option and promoting a more exotic list. I'm guessing you made them 6 strong because of of the slow firing aspect and fragility of a 3 strong formation?

Wasn't the stormsword going to be dropped because it was a field conversion rather than an admech sanctioned unit?

Russes: I like the options for the executioners and vanquishers as it seems very flavorful, but is the standard russ necessary? It's roll is filled by the vanquishers and the 75 point difference might tip folks toward taking the standard over the vanquisher given the firepower the executioners can pump out for the same price. Furthermore, I think that pulling the vanilla russ will give the macharius a better standing since it performs close to the same function minus the lascannons.

Was there any further thoughts about changing the the allies percentage to let the Skitarii list take more titan while limiting the air component?

Overall I really like how things are headed!

EDIT: there seems to be a mistake on the summary sheet that gives the russ executioner 2x plasma cannons as well as the plasma destructor.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, I didn't realize there were changes to the Skitarii list as well. I thought it was an update for AMTL only. Thanks for pointing that out, Vaaish. Perhaps it should be numbered v1.13?

Thanks for adding back the Hydra upgrade. I like having the added flexibility.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
Oh, I didn't realize there were changes to the Skitarii list as well. I thought it was an update for AMTL only. Thanks for pointing that out, Vaaish. Perhaps it should be numbered v1.13?

Thanks for adding back the Hydra upgrade. I like having the added flexibility.

Yes, forgot to update the version number, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:41 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Well we've got 2 players using Titan legions in our local campaign (which starts on Sunday). We'll update to the newer list and hopefully be able to give some feedback as we go.

Cheers.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks for the update, i look forward to fielding them with the changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Wasn't the stormsword going to be dropped because it was a field conversion rather than an admech sanctioned unit?

I'm very in favour of this (was meaning to suggest it a while back plus some other ideas I don't believe I ever got around to posting). Stormswords are nearly all field conversions with maybe a few Adepts putting new ones together on the sly, but most Ad-Mech hate the idea of Stormswords and their higher echelons would likely be particularly conservative and puritan so I don't think it's appropriate to allow them as a unit in Ad-Mech armies.

For my own Martian Ad-Mech army I'm going to go one step further and not allow myself Stormblades either, but these should be definitely be in the AM list as Ryza and many other Forge Worlds make them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd be fine with dropping the Stormsword, although some radical Forgeworlds are known to make new-build ones (Lucius make them for the Death Korps, for example).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

as a person who runs three stormswords in nearly all my AM lists i dont want to see them go.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

studderingdave wrote:
as a person who runs three stormswords in nearly all my AM lists i dont want to see them go.

LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next