Login |  Register |  FAQ

Emperor's Children vs Eldar

Post subject: Emperor's Children vs Eldar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apologies: No photos for this one. I was more interested in recording thoughts and experiences with units rather than a full battle report.

==================

Had another game tonight.

Emperor's Children Vs Eldar

Emperor's Children
2995 points & 9 activations

- Decadents + Noise Marines (possible garrison) 250
- Decadents + Noise Marines (possible garrison) 250
- Noise Marines + Rhinos 325
- Noise Marines + Rhinos 325
- Sonar Retinue 250
- Daemon Engine Pack 300
- Terminators 475
- House Devine 400
- Questor Titan 300

- Lesser Daemons x6 120

Eldar
3000 points and 12 Activations

- Aspect Shining Spears + 2x Swooping Hawk Exarch
- Aspect Swooping Hawk + 2x Exarch
- Vampire Raider
---Aspect 4x Fire Dragon & 4x Striking Scorpions
- Storm Serpent
- 2 x Cobra
- 4x Falcon + 1x Firestorm
- Wraithgate
- War Walker x5
- Rangers x5
- Jetbikes
- Guardians + Support

Game went for 4 turns with a score of 1 - 1 on both sides (EC with BTS and Eldar with Blitz).

Emperor's Children won on points with 1917.5 points left on the table to 1000 points of Eldar.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Emperor's Children vs Eldar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

After Game Thoughts

During this game I decided to play quite defensively and not place formations in lines of fire unless I could almost guarantee that the enemy would be reeling from the shooting or assaults.

Throughout the game the Eldar were quite aggressive using their hit and run tactics, and initiating assaults and winning them due to Inspiring Exarchs. The armour saves of the base units (being 4+) was quite helpful here, and any formations that were reduced, had their Fearless units left.

There was a concern over characters having Fearless as it made the 'non-fearless' formations quite resilient. This was also compared to BL characters who do not have Fearless. I will look at this in the next review.

I managed to keep House Devine alive all game and they were a constant threat for my opponent who had to deal with their 30cm base move and 45cm range mass shooting.

The Questor died to an assault on Turn 3 which was a shame as I was going to use it's 35cm move to Double and take his Blitz.

The Sonar are quite good. The 4+ CC with First Strike is good, yet I do not believe it is over the top.

The Daemon Engine pack died, yet the opponent concentrated on these so as not to have to deal with AA. I need more games with them and see if I can keep them alive.

Noise Marine Retinues are awesome - whether dropped or in Rhinos. Their CC4+ and FF3+ make them a very versatile formations. Add in Disrupt and Fearless, and you have a formation that the opponent just wants to break and keep broken. I will have to keep their points in mind.

Decadents were not as hardy, however their 45cm shot is useful. I may have to review the 'Noise Marine' upgrade and set this back to 2 units instead of 3 for the same price as inevitably, I have 4 Fearless units in the formation of 6 (due to character). This may not be necessary if I take Fearless off Decadent Lords - to be considered in January.

I forgot to use my Daemons all game, and in effect, I did not really need them.

So there you have it, some thoughts on the various units after two initial games with the list.

Really looking forward to putting it through more playtests over the next 6 months

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

Profile Send private message