Login |  Register |  FAQ

NetEA Skitarii List

Post subject: NetEA Skitarii List
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:59 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

What do you guys think of this? In my head it sounds amazing but could be torn apart by some armies?

Incompertus, 3000 POINTS 
Gryphonne IV Skitarii Legion (NetEA v2.04 *EXPERIMENTAL*) 
================================================== 

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [500] 
5 Secutor units, 5 Hypaspist units, Magos Character

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [250] 
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [425] 
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units, Minorus with Support Missile (1x 10BP Disrupt SS)

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [425] 
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units, Minorus with Support Missile (1x 10BP Disrupt SS)

ORDINATUS MINORUS [400] 
2 Ordinatus Minorus, 2 Minorus Support Missile (1x Deathstrike, 1x 10BP Disrupt SS)

ORDINATUS MINORUS [400] 
2 Ordinatus Minorus, 2 Minorus Support Missile (1x Deathstrike, 1x 10BP Disrupt SS)

ORDINATUS MINORUS [400] 

ORBITAL SUPPORT [200] 
One Ark Mechanicus Battleship

BTS not fearless but pretty solid. Leave it on overwatch protecting stuff from air assaults and jazz (meltas) and for the -1 cover.

The rest is pretty self explanatory. Hit formations and should hopefully break them. Hit them again with disrupt and byebye.

3 single deathstrikes and spaceship for pie plates or double pin point.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NetEA Skitarii List
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It'd do very well against some armies but wouldn't it struggle against armies with lots of reinforced armoured vehicles / WE in cover? e.g. a Knight army or Titan Legion. It's impact would be more limited against all fearless armies too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I was thinking that with titans. Full fearless armies a agree.

Im pretty sure with knights not being fearless can hit the BtS with pin points and if u get lucky great if not retain and hit it with a barrage. Should be breaking it. Then hit it again with dirsupt templates. Its already taking off 2 knights off from the auto 4 blasts. That should be BTS gone with 3 templates and 3 deathstikes to spare.

This is all just theory hammer.

Titans i wasnt sure. Just go for the warhounds and leave the bigger guys and try and play for a win on points. If you get lucky enough taking off the little guys go for BTS and DTF?

Full fearless like TS save the barrages as long as possible and just break them late game?

I was theory hammering it. A barrage should break a mech retinue of chaos marines in 1 hit. Should be hitting all on 4s +4 auto blasts. I think it needs 2 kills to break it and should get 4 marine hits 2 rhino hits.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Norto wrote:
Titans i wasnt sure. Just go for the warhounds and leave the bigger guys and try and play for a win on points. If you get lucky enough taking off the little guys go for BTS and DTF?

They might not take any Warhounds though? The Titan Legion I've taken to various tournaments has only 4 activations, all batle titans (2 Warlords and 2 Reavers) and it's done reasonably well for me. I'd just marshal a titan as the shields got low/down and if I manage to get them in cover you'd only hit on 5s even with sustaining.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:11 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

yeah would depend on the table. but if theres only 4 activations.

activate all 4 infantry fomations then either go for broke and target deathsrikes and pin points at the warlord of just gang up on a reaver or 2. depends if the minorus have somewhere to hide too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oops sorry - I scan read your list and incorrectly thought they all had the disrupt missiles. Yeah with the Deathstrikes mixed in that would be a harder matchup for titans.

You don't seem to have any air defence at all though? An air assault list would have a field day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:33 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

yeah i hada think about it too. all the minorus have 30cm AA6+ nothing great but its still a blast. and with the shields it helps.

main thing for air assaults is theyd be coming into overwatching meltas. if not overwatching disrupt templates. plus a blast pretty much everytime. 5 different formations of AA with shields and infantry with guns to help not get supressed.

its a pretty slow list youll have to castle i guess until its safe to move out or move out with risk. best would be aiming for BTS and TnH each game. and if your doing really well any others you can grab.

Cheers for the replys too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:37 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think it's a cool list, but it's definitely not unreasonable. You seem to be relying a lot on the secutor meltas along with lots of missiles and I've never see this perform to the level your expecting.

I'd look at replacing some of the missiles with direct fire weapons