Login |  Register |  FAQ

Lists for Castle Assault 2015

Post subject: Re: Lists for Castle Assault 2015
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There was a reasonably decent pool of Epic players in South Brisbane a couple of years ago, though I have no idea what the current situation is or if any visit this forum. I just wish there were more players in Adelaide.
I'd love to go visit an Australian tournament- I recommend timing them for uni holidays :p

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Geep, we mainly post on WAU forum, or look up and join the Epic Armageddon Australia Facebook page

Also we are now up to 25 players. Another Necron player just joined but will take a comp hit for getting his list in late. Page 1 updated

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks! I knew of WAU (but had forgotten about it since I lost bookmarked pages), and just requested joining the FB group

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

JimXII wrote:
Wow! 24 players! That must be the largest epic tourney in the world!

That nid list looks like a real killer! Id pay to see that list play!

Hi! Just wondering what is so good about this Nid list?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Excited by the large Necron presence! lol someone must have woken up a tomb world! If the Necron players want to contact me I'd be very interested in hearing how things go and any suggestions they have for the list!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Adrian, the nid list strength lies in the fact there is little in the way of war engines and armoured vehicles and what there is can be concealed fairly easily which reduces the effectiveness of most oppenenets fire power. That leaves waves of gaunt infantry which are entirely expendable and don't cause blast markers and most importantly don't count to combat res providing the tyranid warrior hiding up the back stay alive. Come turn 2 and 3 the nids physically push the enemy of objectives driving them back and gaining board control. It's a good list but it still has flaws such as no SC and if it doesn't activate all formations and come across the table piece meal then it can be dealt with. That's how I see it anyway.

@Atension, given I am allowing a greater spectrum of lists at the event I have also been asking guys to consider doing Batreps or summarys and provide feedback to the respective lists here on Taccoms.
Mate I will speak with all three Necron players especially though.

Speaking of which the third Necron player was a late starter but that took our total number of players to 25, which I am stoaked with! Also means I will be using the Garagant Big mob for the bye Buster and feed back for Mordeton with some Batreps.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the reply Mic Fair. I have a fairly large Tyranid army from the Titan Legions/E40K days, (mostly on sprues though) just wondering on what way to put it together and Jim's comment caught my eye. I can put together the above list as I've enough models to do so. I've yet to play a game of EA so the mechanics escape me so far. Plus didn't see any of the big guys in the list which made me think huh? :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Adrian, when I assembled my nid force I would alternate 3-4 gaunts/stealers per base which gave me more bases in the long run. They are a heap of fun to play with, I would be interested to see how you progress.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Adrian wrote:
JimXII wrote:

Also just mostly cause its my list hahahah!
No promotion like self promotion!

Im really just attempting to leverage off the current meta or aussie armies that tend to have high AT long range weapons. Ive only played 6 games with this list so far so CA 15 will almost double my total number of games played.

It suffers from no SupComd and weak AA amd next to no ability to take down tough opponents other than through engagements. But can pull off some sweet supporting assaults.

I can do a full write up after CA. The Tyranid UK list is pretty spot on but I think there can be some improvements made. But more on that after CA.

Cheers
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

JimXII wrote:

Chortle Chortle ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nid list lives or dies on its grots. Anything that takes away from them needs a good reason to exist. If it can keep a good battleline going it's extremely hard to beat. I've never lost a game with it iirc but then again I don't play tournaments. Often overlooked are the real superstars of the list, the warriors. Leader, fearless, lots of meat shields. The 1+ rally, grots, and lots of leaders mean the swarms start most turns with no BMs. That is an incredible advantage to have in the tournament scenario.

There are ways to beat them usually involving breaking the line so the swarms fight unsupported. It also doesn't react too quickly to armies that can redeploy very well through fast movement or air transport.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It would be really interesting to hear comp score thoughts from the players that aren't coming (i.e. no obvious bias!) Speak up peeps if you are keen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

JimXII wrote:
Adrian wrote:
JimXII wrote:

No promotion like self promotion!

Im really just attempting to leverage off the current meta or aussie armies that tend to have high AT long range weapons. Ive only played 6 games with this list so far so CA 15 will almost double my total number of games played.

It suffers from no SupComd and weak AA amd next to no ability to take down tough opponents other than through engagements. But can pull off some sweet supporting assaults.

I can do a full write up after CA. The Tyranid UK list is pretty spot on but I think there can be some improvements made. But more on that after CA.

Cheers
Jim

Ha ha Jim! I've got the Squats army list and was expecting this year's meta to be less tanka sn Titans and more Eldar and careful placement in/around cover. My list has plenty of indirect fire and pop up attacks and I'd love to throw down against your nids.

(In last year's Castle Assault Jim absolutely schooled me with his Eldar, so I am ready for revenge)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Day 2 of Castle Assault. 3 games down. Squats, knights and tau on day 1! What a fantastic tourney.

It has been great seeing the different armies on display and a fantastic opportunity to play against some of the rarer lists.

The squats are a really great army and have some awesome FF units. Ben T has done a great job with his list and was intentionally limiting in some of his unit choices in order to build a more balanced list. It would be good to see the squats in his hands...

Alans knights were great to play against too. They are lethal in aslt. Be turned most of my units into fluro pink mist.

Zacs tau... a really good list. But I still think the riptides are underpriced for their damage output and survivability. I would think a minimum price bump to 400-450 is more inline with where they should sit. Zac played really well and did a good job on concentrating his airpower.

Gonna be an awesome day 2! I think I will have 2 cron players to go up against. Not a fun option for the nids...

Awesome work on putting it all together gents!