Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Counterattack - Bristol - 10th March

Post subject: Re: Counterattack - Bristol - 10th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Reedar wrote:
Congrats to Dan1314 for bagging top spot when the dust had settled.

Sad not to have made it, always a great event but honestly, I leave you lot alone for one tournament and you let Dan win without his crutch? We'll never hear the end of this. #Dbad

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers to my opponents! Had a great time at my first Epic tourney! Hopefully I can make it to some more and actually win some games next time :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great time once again - thanks for organizing Daz. 3 of the best tournament games i can remember, thanks to Nat, Daz and Tim. Hopefully see you all again soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the organisation Darren.
Thanks also to my opponents; Steve G and Richard.
I got lucky in both games, each turned on a roll for turn.

Then there was the game against Rob......
My first game, and I was certain i had used up my lifes supply of luck. :)
(That or their is a deity, and he hates Rob...).
I had left my defilers on the right flank with my towers, - facing orks with lots of flamers, I really didnt see how the Thousand sons could achieve much, he was just too damn fast, had an unkillable BTS, and had two landas to come and take away any objectives.
My paln was to slow him on the right flank, capture the two objectives on his side, on the left flank, and see if turn three or four offered a break. Things went totally differently.

His nine planes came into shoot up the defilers, (I cursed myself for leaving them in the open). The defilers shot down one of the fighta bombers and my CAP doomwing killed another, still seven... They scored four hits.
Worse, I only made one save. So had three invulnerable saves to make, - yup - 6,6,6.
Rob was not chuffed.
This set the theme.
The defilers marshelled into cover.
His empty Landa went rhino hunting, but was in range of my other defilers, still, 6+ AA sufrely is nothing to worry about. Of eight shots, I rolled four 6's.
Im not even sure what odds we were working on.
And of course Rob failed his reinforced saves.
Surely I was lucked out. It seemed to suggest it when I moved those defilers, and rolled a double one for dangerous terrain losing a defiler.
Rob chanced his hand bringing on the other, the loaded landa (after I had spent my other dommwing).
An air assault on a Warphound I had brought up to cover the right, but left quite exposed, still, I had my defiler AA umbrella... yup. This time only one hit. But rob failed the save, and of course when I rolled for crit...it was a 6.
(The more observant player may have noted that it was always the same dice. The large Red dice marked 'weighted.').
With his army shot to hell on turn one, and Silver Towers prepairing to sustain into a cult of speed in the open in turn two, Rob threw in the towel. (Which was promptly shot down by defilers)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey guys - Graham here, was good to meet some of you and have a chat about the game, some cracking looking armies there!

Encouraged me to get going with getting my own stuff up together, and will hopefully have a force to play with at the next event.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to meet you too Pacific, even if your arrival did coincide with my Orks suddenly refusing to activate!!!

Let me know when you’d like to get a couple of intro games in, and we’ll book something in at the Duke in Bristol mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Could the kind sole that updates the Epic Uk website, please update with this reult.

- I think i should be on 20 points after two tournaments, rather than 8.

(Glasgow, 2nd, - Bristol 1st with a different army).

Much appreciated - -- I just want to be ahead of Steve cole befor ethe Leicster results are published.....

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6