Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Epic UK list amendments

Post subject: Re: Epic UK list amendments
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not a bad call John, though it would invalidate the equally valid and 'fluffy' 1st company list that has occasionally been used, comprising
1750 for 5x Terminator formations,
1000 for 5x THawks
250 for optional choices (spacecraft, commanders etc)

Note
If it is decided to set the limit at 1 a/c per 600 points (ie 5x a/c), then they obviously cannot choose a TBolt. However if the limit is set at 1 a/c per 500 points (I've 6x a/c) the player could get either a sixth THawk and a Chaplain, or a TBolt and a SC.

Either way, 5 or 6 aircraft are neither excessive nor overpowered under these configurations (neither as Transports or fighters and bombers), and the existing point systems and space 1/3 constraints cover all the other situations.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Epic UK list amendments
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ginger wrote:
Not a bad call John, though it would invalidate the equally valid and 'fluffy' 1st company list that has occasionally been used, comprising
1750 for 5x Terminator formations,
1000 for 5x THawks
250 for optional choices (spacecraft, commanders etc)

Dont get me wrong it's always good to consider unintended consequences but some proportionality is also warranted. There're always going to be corner cases, but do we really care if this list was invalidated? I mean, you can't take a list composed entirely of marauders to play as the dambusters either, and it's not such a big loss. We're talking about a tournament here, you can take what you like any other day of the year.

IMO it's no bad thing if the marine air game took a hit, maybe then people would be motivated to bring other marine list styles up to balance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6