Login |  Register |  FAQ

Episkt värre! Epic tournament, Stockholm saturday 2015-01-17

Post subject: Episkt värre! Epic tournament, Stockholm saturday 2015-01-17
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Like the title says.

Me and two fellows will arrange an Epic Armageddon tournament in Stockholm on saturday 2015-01-17.

It will be a one day thing with 3 games. Below is the practical info in Swedish, let me know if you're interested in going and need an english translation

To attend say so here or in the thread in the epic scandinavia facebook group. Found here.

cheers

Anmälan:
Anmälan kan ske här i tråden eller på facebook epic scandinaviagruppen enligt ovan. Senast 2015-01-10.

Tider:
Vi gör som tyskarna och kör med flytande tidsgräns. Nedan ser ni 2,5 timmar per match. När den tiden gått får man avsluta den pågående turnen. Funkande väldigt bra i Berlin, man slipper bli irriterad av att avbryta mitt i en turn.

9.00 - 9.20 Registrering
9:20 - 9:30 Välkomna/info
9:30 - 12:00 Parti 1
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 16:00 Parti 2
16:45 - 19:15 Parti 3

Listor:
EDIT: 3000 poäng. Lämnas in senast 11/1 för att publiceras i tråden på fejjan måndag 12/1.

Approved netEA gäller, dvs de listor som ingår i senaste tournament pack. Hittas här http://www.tp.net-armageddon.org/

Man kan även få ta Epic-UK om det inte finns motsvarande netEA enligt ovan, då har netEA trumf.

Och för att göra det lite krångligare. :P Man kan även få ta netEA developmental om det inte finns motsvarande epic-UK, då har epic-UK trumf :D

Kostnad:
100kr per skalle.

Tävlandet.
Poängsystem som tidigare i år i norrköping. Alltså enligt epic-UK eller eventuellt en lätt reviderad upplaga. Blir vi 12 eller fler försöker vi köra swiss lottning.

Last edited by Borka on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Episkt värre! Epic tournament, Stockholm saturday 2015-0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh yeah forgot to add, 3000 points.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really bad timing, I will be doing the finishing touches on my thesis around that date (I will be done on the 22'nd).
So my squats won't show up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

100 crowns per skull =P

Gods I love Swedish (o:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:30 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Good luck with this.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

At the moment we're 12 so far. Now initially we will have to set the maximum number of players to 14. We will hopefully be able to increase this maximum, but I can't promise that. Only 2 places left at this time, so don't wait to long! Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to see such a good turnout! Lycka till.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

One more week to go to sign up. Two places left as we now have max set at 16 participants.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok so I thought I would make a tournament report from this weekend so here it comes.

I played the following list.

Shas'o Borkas cadre, 3000 POINTS
Tau Vior'la (1.2 Developmental)
==================================================

FIRE WARRIOR CADRE [350]
8 Fire Warrior units,
3 pathfinder units,
Cadre Fireblade

FIRE WARRIOR CADRE [325]
6 Fire Warrior Units, 3 Devilfishes
2 Pathfinder units and 1 Devilfish

FIRE WARRIOR CADRE [325]
6 Fire Warrior Units, 3 Devilfishes,
2 Pathfinder units and 1 Devilfish

XV104 RIPTIDE FORMATION [400]
3 XV104 Riptides, Shas'o Commander

ARMOURED ATTACK GROUP [425]
6 'Railhead' Hammerhead gunships,
Skyray

ARMOURED SUPPORT GROUP [375]
6 Hammerhead gunships,
Skyray

RECON SKIMMER GROUP [150]
3 Pathfinder Tetra,
2 Piranha

RECON SKIMMER GROUP [150]
3 Pathfinder Tetra,
2 Piranha

BARRACUDA SQUADRON [150]
2 Barracuda Fighters

SUN SHARK SQUADRON [200]
2 Sun Shark Bombers

ORCA ASSAULT DROPSHIP [150]

The first game happened to be a against a player newer to epic and only came to turn 2. It was therefore counted as a draw, so I didn't write anything up.

GAME 2

This game was against fredmans and his imperial guards his list was the following. I have enough pictures to do an actual semi-battlereport.

His list contained 3 mech companies (incl. HQ), 2 warhounds, a shadowsword, deathstrikes, vultures, 2 x sentinels, 1 x thunderbolts.

I chose corners mainly due to the fact that there was a river present. I could force his deployment behind the river for some added inconvienence.

The first picture shows my deployment and the also the result of the first activation. Fredrik got first activtion so Shas'O Borkas two brave companiens (who were convienently placed a few mm to the front of Borka) ate one deathstrikes missile each.

Next a pic. Guard deployment.

Next pic are a few more activations in. Guards moved up a mech. coy. I made a combined fire action with a recon formation and rail gun HHs on the warhound (WH) in the swamp. Only made 1 damage but that was enough for 3 BMs so the titan broke and fled back deeper into guard deployment zone.

I decided not to retain. I wanted to hit the vultures but they were protected by three hydras. Next pic shows how the vultures doubled and poped up behind the hill. This enabled my second recon to overwatch them with missiles. Alas I was only able to place 1 BM. The 3 vultures that weren't supressed than managed to kill 3 HH to break them.
My next activation can also be seen. Sun Shark Bombers were sent in while I still had marker lights (ML) on the guard company. I rolled very well so a lot of them died (pic is berfore withdrawal).

I used the opportunity with the local hydra being broken and MLs still available to punish the vultures for their previous transgressions.

Guards likewise wanted payback and thunderbolts were sent in to kill one bomber.

I then opted to launch the orca. I landed taking a BM from the local hydra and unloaded the cargo to fire at the mech. coy. Three sentinels were within overwatch range and produced 2 hits of which I actually failed both saves.

I killed 5 inf despite the losses and subsequent suppression. FW/pathfinder shooting is realy good ;D . Not able to break them made my unit's quite vulnerable so I retained with Fusion HH to advance and shoot 8 guided missiles at the formaiton. Actually killing a few chimeras breaking the company.

Next pic is a bit later in the turn.

The Second warhound moved up and killed my orca.
FW 2 doubled up a bit and shot missiles killing a sentinel from the previous overwatches, breaking the formation.
HQ-company went on overwatch at some point probably before I landed my orca.
Second sentinels did something - going overwatch perhaps?

Most of my stuff rallied including the rail - HH BTS I think.
The warhound and the company by the deathstrikes did not rally.

Second turn started with iniative going to tau. My FW were stranded now that their orca was gone and were facing an angry warhound. I felt I had a fairly good chance of winnig against the WH in an assault since my formation had the fireblad upgrade (granting FF 4+).
I was wrong and the below pic shows the result (only got 1 damage through). I sent in the barracudas first to place BM and take away shields (on the then MLit WH).

I didn't take a lot of pictures during turn two. So can't quite remember all activations. Next pic shows my right flank FW continuing to push forward. They killed 3 inf units for 4 BMs not enough to break the mech. coy (which had earlier marshalled).

Next pic is taken towards the end of the turn (typo: HH of course shot the WH and not them selves).

HQ company moved up on the tau right flank threathening the forward firewarrior cadre.

Rallying saw most stuff rally except for the still broken mech. Coy.

Getting first activation was crucial. I felt confident I could win if I got to start. Alas Fredmans got initiative and proceeded to sustain on my poor hammerheads. At this point I really regretted taking Fusions instead of a second formation of Railgus HH (I would have been able stay behind cover). Pic before withdrawing

A retain of the guard saw the HQ-company assault (a bit gutsy) over the river. Only 1 inf died and crucially the commissar survivied. Next pic shows the situation at the end of combat resolution. We lost 4 units each. Black dice are mine :{[] :{[] :{[]

I have no more pics of the turn. Nothing really interesting happend later though. It was mainly manouvering but neither of us were able to get any objectives. Time ran out so we couldn't play a fourth turn. Ending the game in a 0 - 0 draw.

GAME 3
The third game was a space marine and ended in a 1-blitz (tau) : 1-BTS (SM) draw in turn 4. I'm affraid I had to few pictures to make any detailed report.

The Marine list began with only 3 activations on the ground a land speeder formation, 1 reaver and some whirlwinds. No Supreme. Other than that there were a landing craft with 2 formations, 1 tunderhawk with another and teleporting terminators.

I tried to stay back early and put some extra formations on overwatch to disuade his drops. My BTS hammerhead were placed in a bad spot though were the reaver would be able to see them and shoot on a double. So I felt I had to move them up a bit but behind a hill. It was a big misscalculation though. He could move the reaver in a way to see them in the new place anyway. The reaver blasted them and killed all but one which was later hunted down by airplanes. The early HH loss made me feel like I had no chance going after the titan so I tried to hide from it for the rest of the game.

Turn two was the big drop turn. Terminators came in close to my Shas'O and buddies in riptides. Luckily I won initiative so went ahead and sustained with the riptides. With the naughty terminators making all saves. :tut To save the supreme commander I decided to retain and moved the Fusiongun hammer heads up. I claimed crossfire on the terminators. Was still only able to kill 2. This left the hammerheads vulnerable though and they were broken by the next reaver salvo loosing 3 vehicles.

The landing craft came in with 2 tactical formations and almost wiped a mech FW formation. The second mech FW formation and the orca drop formation ganged up on them for some crossfire payback. Getting the SM broken. The thunderhawk with ass marines killed the broken fusion gun hammerheads.

In turn 3 and 4 we both rapidly went out of unbroken formtions so neither was able to claim the win. I had some poor rallying rolls. One of them being key as it would have alowed me a 2:1 win (some broken FW onboard the Orca). We could therefore only claim 1 victory goal each in turn 4. A winning draw against me as my opponents had killed more VP's.