Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Dark Eldar Army List 2017

Post subject: Re: Dark Eldar Army List 2017
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Revenents get a 3+ holo field shield is only lost if you successfully crit it. They can get their 3+ save even from TK weapons and also in CC from TK weapons, They have 2 Revenants that also jump move 35cm have a combined DC of 6, for only 150 points more They get 2 x 2+MW shots at range 45cm each, and this is backed up by 2 shots each that are AA 6+/AT6+/AP5+. So 4 x AA weapons, and they can be set 15cm apart to increase the zone of AA denial.

Revenents are good, I would say better. The Tormentor is the only ground based unit that is not a grounded WE transport that can provide AA. If you want to reduce the value of the AA to 6+, then provide more options for ground based AA such as optional upgrades for 1 x barge of pleasure in a formation at 25 points for a 30cm AA 6+ Splinter missile turret mount.

The ability to have a ground based AA unit is one of the things that has severely hampered the survivability of DE units that get broken. Most enemy can strafe the unit and wipe it out without worrying about DE aircraft which might have activated that turn, or have been shot down.

If you want to tone the Tormentor down, then drop its shields down to 5. It is a severe drain on the DE army list already and part of the very restricted 1/3 allocation. Most often it is the BTS, and this means the enemy just concentrates fire on it, and kills it off. Yes it takes time, but once done, the DE army have given up the BTS, and you then can move your own 35cm jump pair of titans around killing off everything without too much care for enemy return fire as your 3+ save is almost an invul save but better.

By rights the Tormentor should have 4 shadowfields and 6DC. It should be the equivalent of 2 Vessels of Pain. However it is weaker, and the 6 shields are there because it can not regenerate them any more in the test list. In one test game, I lost 4 shields in 1 salvo of shooting from a pair of revenent titans that were 45cm away (to far to charge them, and get into CC rather than FF). They retained and shot it up with falcons removing the shields, and a DC. I pulled it back to protect my BTS rather than have it wiped out by a pair of healthy Revenants in an engagement.

It is possible to kill them off. At 500 points you still need it to take time to do that though.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

You can assault revenants and win 3+ holo fields is crazy i know. But the tormentor i tried to think of armies that could deal with it with out using the whole army to take it down. I could only think of eldar and tau. Alot of others would be using up to many formstions while the rest of the dark eldar set up to destroy. They have a pretty large denial area.

This is just my opinion on them no1 else might think so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Comparing the current legal stats for the VoP and the Tormentor, the Tormentor was never worth the cost of 2 VoP. It has just been brought in line with their new stats.

Old VoP
Move 30cm, Skimmer 4+ save, DC 3 2 regenerating Shadowfields, 5+ CC, 4+ FF
2 x range 45cm MW3+ TK(1), 2 range 45cm AP5+, and a range 30cm 2BP Disrupt weapon.

New VoP
move 30cm, Skimmer, 4+ save, DC 3, 2 x non regenerating shadowfields, CC 6+, FF 4+
1 x double shot range 45cm MW3+ (TK 1) FxF, 2 x 45cm AP 5+ FxF, and the Range 30cm 2BP Disrupt weapon.

Old Tormentor
move 35cm jump, 5+RA save, 4 DC, 3 regenerating shadowfields, Fearless, Walker
2 x single shot range 35cn MW 3+ TK, 3 x 45cm AP 4+/ AT 6+, CC EA +3 TK, Small arms EA +2 FF CC - 3+, FF 4+

New Tormentor
move 35cm jump, 5+RA save, 4DC 6 x non regenerating shadowfields, Fearless, Walker
2 double (=4 shots) range 45cm MW 3+ (TK1), 3 x 45cm AP4+/AT6+, CC - 3+ with EA +3 TK(1), 2 x 30cm AA 5+, FF - 4+ with EA +2

Main differences, the shields have been doubled on the Tormentor to account for loss of regeneration. It gets 2 more 45cm MW3+ TK weapons because taking 2 x VOP would give you this for the same cost, and it has a 2 shot AA5+ 30cm mount added.

As for the VoP, many of its weapons have fixed arcs now, You can not add them to Flotillas, or take them in Formations of 2. Their CC has been reduced to a 6+. Their shields no longer regenerate. VoP have lost a fair bit for no points reduction.

All in all the differences balance the army out. You should not see more than 1 Tormentor in an army unless your opponent has a very low activation count or has min/maxed the rest of the army which means it will die/break easily and not be able to rally as well.

I have been playing DE for well over a year (quite a while before I went to Heavy Bolter last year). They were my first army in the new EA system having previously only played the second edition space marine game on the square bases. As such I have a decent amount of experience play the army. I think it is still easily beaten, by many armies. I gave examples of the Orks (specially the Feral Orks), Tau, Eldar, and Tyranids. Now I think of it, Necrons are also capable of defeating them quite well.

They are THE Glass Hammer. Hit hard, run away, hide, hug cover, assault, and are just as likely to lose the Engagement as to win it. Easily killed off standard units, more expensive, but killable WE that have less range than a lot of the other armies WE have. They have a noticeable lack of AA compared to most (except feral orks , and perhaps a few other Xenos armies) armies.

A 30cm 2 x AA 5+ is not as good as say Hydra batteries which for 150 points gives you 6 x 45cm AA 5+. They dies easier, but you can spam them, or easily attach hydras to tank and artillery companies for protection. The Titan AA is similar to the Eldar and even the Imperial ones.

Just remember those -1 to hit shadowfields just need to be hit by an AT, MW or TK weapon and they are gone - no save, just gone for good. Imperial Titans get can their shields back, Tyranid WE can regenerate their lost DC, Eldar titans get a 3+ save even in close combat against TK weapons, and only a 1 in 6 lucky crit roll removes this. Orks get more shields to account for their crummy shields. I think it all balances out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'll probably be sticking with the EUK Dark Eldar list or the original changes proposed by JimXII rather than using Deb Eldar.

I find both are fine with only a few minor tweaks but that said I have been heavily involved in the UK/Euro meta which is quite assault oriented and have been playing the NetEA list since being involved in developing it with Mosc and Xisor (10 years ago?!)... might be giving me skewed experience with it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deb Eldar - What? We are discussing JimXII's new 1.1 version of the 2017 Dark Eldar test list. Norto was saying that the 2 x AA 5+ mount and the 6 shadowfields, make the Tormentor impossible to deal with.

I believe it should be referred to as JimXII Dark Eldar.

The list is in experiment/development to balance it out. Venoms were added, and Jim tried to tweak a few things like removing the regen ability of the shadowfields. He added an AA mount on the Tormentor, and modified a few units. Removed some upgrades, and tried to make units that tended to gather dust like Mandrakes, a bit more usefulness. His best change is to give partisans the +1 to initiative to activate if they attempt an engage action.

RugII I may be helping test the new list out but I am certainly not the list designer or developer.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you very much for all the work!

I'm a pretty newbie in this game, I have recently adquired a Dark Eldar force from onslaught (I will post my conversions for barges in another post one of these days :D) and I'd like to share my feedback, if it is of any use.

Note that this is based on 1.1 Dev (not deb :P) list posted on the first page. I haven't tried Tormentor nor Executioner yet, but I will and I will give feedback. I promise :D

Also note that I do like the changes a lot, even if my following post seem to differ :D

This is going to be long :spin

1. Venoms
Long awaited addition, thanks.

2. Barges & Vessel changes
I like most of the changes.

2.1: However, I do not like all the left-arc/right-arc stuff, it complicates unnecessarily the use of the unit. If the unit had the chance to be immobilized or something like that it would have made some sense, but right now it just complicates stuff just because.

Comparing to other stuff, not even leman russ nor baneblades (big and clumsy as they are) do have that kind of random limitation for their side decks/turrets.

2.2 Barges Desolator/shield: I think 3 shields plus desolator for 100p is too much. I think it should either have 3 shields or the desolator, but not both. I would prefer deso for coherency with the vessel.

3. Fighter changes
Very good, I always felt that old fighter-bombers where just worse than the fighters with that Slow-firing shitty TK.

4. Transport rule and wording
It is a bit confusing like it is right now.

4.1: First of all, if every single unit that has Transport also has Barge upgrade, why are they 2 different rules?

4.2: It is really confusing for them to be in the list of upgrades, you say this:
Quote:
Up to two upgrades may be chosen for each Kabal or Partisan formation

That does not make sense. With rules as written, transport and barges are upgrades, so that will prevent any unit with them to take any upgrade. Also, since Barge replace transport, you need transport upgrade in order to buy barges. Everything is very confusing and I think it was not your intention at all when redacting the rule.

I propose you just list the units that may buy transport in the transport list and remove them as upgrades.

4.3 I think you complicated yourself too much with the wording and the barge option and stuff. I would like to propose:

Quote:
Any formation that includes: Incubi, Warrior, Wych, Haemonculi, Gotesque (you missed this i think) and/or Wrack units may take enough raiders to carry them all for free, leaving no empty slot if possible. Not every unit needs to be transported.
Additionally, you may replace any or all raiders in a formation with the following options:
  • Replace 1 raider for 2 venoms for +25p per raider replaced.
  • Replace 2 raiders for 1 Barge of Pleasure for +100p per barge buyed. Max. 3 barges per formation.

4.4: Why do you allow Warp beasts inside barges of pleasure if you can't buy barges for them? A formation of 6 wych + 2 beasts will have 3 raiders, replacing 2 of them with a barge won't allow to get them inside anyway, lol. Maybe you should allow 2 warp beasts in the barges for free like mandrakes did in the past.

5. Character upgrades
Inspiring is a very good change, it really is a lot more Dark Eldar-themed rule.

5.1: I think Ancient upgrade should read: Add one Dark Eldar Haemonculus Ancient Character to a Haemonculi unit in the formation.

5.2: Also, characters are upgrades, so, do they count as a maximum 2 upgrades per formation. Was that your intention? Do you need to chose between 2 extra wyches or a succubus to a wych formation if you buyed warp beasts?

6. Speaking of wych cults...
Why are wyches not part of the "core" formations along with the syndicate? Are you planning in working on a Wych cult list? I want to field a wych cult list and I can't. Please? :D

7. Beastmasters
Please consider adding a beastmaster formation!

I propose:
Beastmasters, 2 beastmaster unit and 4 warp beasts per 200p, upgrades: warp beasts

Beastmaster unit: Like hellions but moving 20cm and changing jump pack and scout for first strike and infiltrator, it would be 1 guy in a glaive with 4 beasts in a stand. Would love to see that coming out from a webwayportal.

8. Coteries WTF
I just don't see that fitting at all. Firs of all, Incubi are some sort of elite assassins/hitman, not just HQ bodyguards. From official lore:

Quote:
The Incubi are a mercenary order of Dark Eldar who dedicate themselves to the perfection of the killing strike. Their services are in great demand, whether as bodyguards or shock troops, and the Incubi will fight for any who can afford to purchase their loyalty.

I would argue that Incubi coteries should be a regular partisan formation, and of course not mandatory at all. And, if the intention here is to just force the player to take an Archon, consider changing the coterie to feature warriors and let you upgrade them to incubi, or buy 2-4 of them as an upgrade.

Also you may want to consider Medusaes and sslyths and stuff from the new lore for that "HQ unit". I may extend on this if you want more info.

I liked it more when it was 0-1. Since when HQ are required in the battleground for a raid force? We are not imperial guard, lol

Also, final thought: Incubi are heavy infantry, slow and hard. So, the only mandatory unit in a Dark Eldar army is the less Dark Eldar unit in the force? :C

9. Cronos
Consider adding Cronos, maybe with some "replace any or all of the unit talos with a cronos".

10. Firing from ships
I know you already said you don't like it as you feel it would be "too good". However, I would argue about that:

It is a rule that balances itself. The only real advantage is not having to mount your inf again, at the cost of making them much more vulnerable: as it means that AT weapons may kill your tanks and also your infantry in a single shot. Shots that, otherwise, would have only killed one model.

You could already move, disembark and shoot anyway, doing that in cover would be even more wise than firing from those flying coffins. We want to shoot from our ships because it is a Dark Eldar thing: move fast, stike hard, and then die miserably. That gives the list a lot of flavor without making it broken by any means.

If you fear abusing fleet of foot with this rule, you may say that you can only fire from vehicles in a FF or you may not use fleet of foot if you are going to shoot.

Barges may seem very good with that rule as they are harder, but remember that if you score a crit hit you kill a barge and 4 units. That's 400 points at least I don't see that unbalanced in any way. I would give up on the extra shield and the desolator for the themed rule of firing the shit out of ppl from my barges :D

11. Talos
Why aren't they allowed in slavebringers? :C That makes me sad.

12. Executioner
Crazy idea, instead of having a transport value, give it a portal and a cut of points. That would be a lot more interesting I think

I hope at least some of this feedback helps!

PS: I'm not sorry for the long post :spin

8k Epic Dark Eldars
5k Epic Squats

Last edited by Urbin on Thu May 04, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Urbin :P

I love some of your ideas.

The Barge of Pleasure has only 3 shadowfields not 4. The change was to make up for removing the regeneration of the shields. Eldar have shields that are lost only when they get criticalled, Imperials can regenerate their shields, and Orks just get more shields. Hence the slight increase of +1 shield.

I had not noticed the change to add the desolator back in, as the red text does not come up so well on a pink background when I have low red ink in the printer. Even so, I think the Desolator is a bit much for 100 points. Perhaps have it as an option for the Barge where for +25 points you can take either a ground based AA splinter cannon turret or a Desolator. In a warrior formation with say 3 barges you would probably take 1 x AA, 2 x Desolator to carry the 6 warriors, 2 wyches and Haemonculi/Grotesque. (more reason to take warriors rather than ravagers then).

As to the transport options, Urbin does make a good point. Simply have "+ transports" in the formations description. Under transports have it that a formation gets a raider for every 2 units including upgrades for free (list which units can take the raider transport - non mounted or jump). Under that have it that you can then replace a single raider with 2 Venoms for +25 points. You can replace 2 raiders with a barge of Pleasure for 100 points.

I know the thing with barges is complicated and you intended to allow a formation of 6 to 8 units to be transported inside 2 barges, and 10 units across 3 barges. That will be hard to explain without complicating things.

As to Coteries. I think the 0-1 would be good, but make it that you can only take an Archon if you take a coterie. As to the make up of the Coterie, perhaps - 4 to 6 units chosen from: Incubi, Medusa, SSlyths, and so on.

Wyches should be a core formation in a similar manner to Squats have with their warrior brotherhoods and berserker brotherhoods. Warp Beasts in Barges, Urbins idea of having them like Mandrakes used to be is good.

I had not thought about the Cronos or the Beastmasters, food for thought.

Talos in Slavebringers, well you know my thoughts, I think they should still be able to ride in them. Marines are allowed dreadnoughts in their Thunder hawks. Tau can carry carry battle suits in their WE transports. I think fair is fair.

As to the Executioner. The idea of a wraithgate mounted on one would make it a harder decision as to take a Titan or an executioner. Even at 50 points more for the Executioner. Another means of getting formations into close assault without risking your slower forces like Talos is always a good option. For an army like Dark Eldar that uses fast, hitting, close combat preceded by withering overwhelming mid range fire power from vehicle mounted forces to reduce enemy numbers, the more you can reduce the losses you sustain getting up to the enemy, the more likely you will win the close combats when they happen.

2 upgrades maximum, perhaps have command upgrades as a separate upgrade choice. So you can add 2 upgrades chosen from (list upgrades here), and 1 command upgrade. Under command upgrades, have it that you can add a Succubus to either a wyches, hellion, reaver, or Scourge formation for 50 points. Add a Dracon to a flotilla, or Syndicate for 50 points. Add 0-1 ancient to a Haemonculi formation for 50 points. The Dracon would be mandatory for the Coterie if you took one, so no additional command upgrades for that formation.

This would make the Dark Eldar upgrade options more streamlined, and easier to understand. You would get formations with a command upgrade, and normally between 6 and 8 units + transports, and if you spent the extra points which would probably make the formation the BTS - up to 10 infantry units, command upgrade + transports. Most players would run min/max lists though with 6 units command upgrade and transports , just to get the activations.

Lots of good feedback for you from everyone Jim.

Perhaps change the colour of the changes from red to another colour that contrast with the pink, so it is seen easier.

Deb

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello Deb! nice to meet you.

Deb wrote:
The Barge of Pleasure has only 3 shadowfields not 4.

Yes, my bad, I edited the post.

I meant to say 2 shadowfields instead of 3. So it is lined up with the vessels. I use the same chasis for both of them with different cannons (magnetized) so I thought it would be cool if they shared even the shield count, something like predator/rhinos but in a more awesome scale.

Deb wrote:
2 upgrades maximum, perhaps have command upgrades as a separate upgrade choice.

Maybe add them in the individuals section?

8k Epic Dark Eldars
5k Epic Squats

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I thought Individuals were only 1 in the army list. Things like the Avatar, Necron Overlords, Dark Eldar Archons, and so on. Formation command upgrades are usually an upgrade option, however most armies do not limit how many upgrades a formation can get as severely ad the DE list does. The Chaos Space Marine lists do to a certain degree, I think it is 3 or 4 upgrades.

If you had 2 standard upgrades, plus a formation leader upgrade, and for certain formations - a transport option, that would let DE formations to either min/max, and also to create larger more expensive formations that chew up your valuable points.

As to the Barge of Pleasure, its armour value is only 5+ while the Vessel of Pain is 4+, Yes there is a big points difference, but they also have a huge difference in weapons loadouts Perhaps make the Barge of Pleasures armour RA to compensate for having a lower save value if you want to remove a shield.

Remember that the Barge is probably carrying about 150 to 200 points of units on board, and if it goes (especially to a MW or TK weapon), then they are gone as well. The shields are the only thing most times that keep it there a little longer. I have had them (on more than one occasion) blow up from a successful crit roll after losing a single DC. For a War Engine, they are extremely brittle.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hiya,
Thanks for the feedback.
Happy to change the transport options to make it clearer. At present the transport section is seperate from the upgrades section so it should be fairly obvious that the 2 upgrades only applies to those listed in that section. I think your suggestion ofupgrades does not make it more streamlined deb.

Slyth and cronos, they can both be represented as the incubi or the talos. The representation of slyth as bodyguards is similar enough to the incubi in stats for epic.

Happy to look at making the coterie 0-1.

The wyches abd beasts..I've debated including a beast unit previoulsy. But i think it would be better to introduce then in a wych list. Test them there then roll them into the main dark eldar list.

Happy to look at putting talos in the slavebringer. This was a delineate measure to reduce their deployment options. But we can see how it goes.

Deb? Are you for real? What colour would you like me to change it to? Id suggest your printer toner is a personal problem.

Cheers
Jim

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I thought the upgrade option did look more streamlined, and less confusing. The Leader upgrade especially. Perhaps make it that the formation can have up to one leader upgrade, and up to 2 other upgrades, with transport being separated.

Oh, and green please. But Seriously, it is just hard to read that shade of red, even when you look at it on the computer screen when it is on the pink background. I thought that was a reasonable request. Alternately, remove the pink background strips, and just keep the background all white.

What did you think of the idea of putting a wraithgate on the Executioner?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I tried Dark Eldar against Imperial Knights on Sunday. DE won 2:0 however I tried a different list than normal.

I decided not to run Voidraven bombers or Razorwing Fighters. My opponent had 2 formations of ground based AA, 2 Thunderbolt Squadrons and a warden household for added artillery. These backed up his Lancers household and his 3 Paladin households.

I suggested he replace one of his Paladin households with 2 rough rider platoons next time (they have a charge move of 40cm). Most of his force was concentrated in one quarter of the table because he deemed his force slower than mine, and needed to overwhelm those forces of mine he got near.

I kept my Ravagers and a bike formation on the side near the bulk of his force, I kept the Wyches and their transports in reserve mounted on my Executioner landing barge (I forgot it had been upgraded from a support craft to a AC Bomber), and had planned for it to self planet fall in turn 2 to hold 2 objectives in my 1/2 of the table. The Talos were waiting to come out of the Portable Wraithgate held by the Succubus leading my 1st Reaver Bike squadron.

My Coterie with extra Incubi mounted in 2 Barges of Pleasure, my Tortemntor Titan, the second Reaver bike Squad hugged the other side of the board and went to take the enemy Blitz, and destroy his ground based AA.

I lost my 6 Ravagers, and destroyed one of his AA batteries by end of turn 1, while breaking the other.

Turn 2, I dropped my wyches and the Executioner, and wiped out his warden house hold in close combat/ fire fight losing a wych, and finishing off his ground based AA. I deployed the wraithgate, engaged with the Talos killing off another Paladin household, but lost over half my Talos and broke. He destroyed 1/2 of the 1st Reaver bike squad (mostly from his Thunderbolts who kept out of my Executioners AA weapons range).

Turn 3, I lost the remaining wyches and their transports and the Talos from engagements, but weakened another paladin household a little, and his Thunderbolts, I killed off one of his Tbolts from my Executioner, and then almost destroyed a paladin household with my Tormentor Titan, losing shields in return.
The Coterie repositioned to assist in holding the 2 objectives in my half of the table, the 2 reaver bikes squadrons swapped positoins to hold both my and my opponents blitz's. I did this to prevent the TBolts from strafing the weaker reaver formation holding my own Blitz, and sent it to the cover of my Tormentor. Once the Tbolts had targeted the doomed no-matter what I did Wyches, I then moved the intact reavers to hold my own Blitz.

He was still strong, and could have moved his force up leaving his lancers to hold the 2 objectives in his half, and prevent my forces from getting DTF, or possibly Blitz. I suspected he would have targeted my Titan next. Terrain, my speed, and ability to relocate helped my over his slightly slower force that had much longer weapons ranges. I kept forcing him to march and get the extra -1 to hit me in order to see a few units around a corner or through a gap. Thankfully he was rolling average rolls, and even though I lost units to bad saving rolls, it never looked too bad on the side where I had concentrated my forces.

In the end he lost both ground based AA formations, his warden household, 1 whole Paladin Household and most of another paladin household. I lost 1/2 a reaver gang, all my ravagers, all my wyches and their transports, and all my Talos pain engines.

Close but very fun game.

I am still deciding whether the Executioner is still worth taking, but it has pulled its own weight, and come out ahead this game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey guys just a quick question. I've been playing 1.1 for a while and was wondering about your guys opinions on the scourges. Is it just me or do they seem very strong for the price (don't get me wrong I love them).

2 shooting attacks, a 3+ ff stat and the other special rules seems to make them very strong.
their elder equivalent swooping hawks which appear to be of ~ the same points cost do not have any shots and are only a 4+ in ff. Just curious about your thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have not used them that much, even lately since they have been upgraded.

Compared to units from other armies:

Space wolves Long fangs: (3x AP/AT attacks and a FF of 3+, ATSKNF, and a 4+ save for 75 points).

Squat Thunderers: (2 x AP and 1 x AP/AT attack, stubborn, and a FF of 4+ and a 6+ save for only 50 points ).

Dark Eldar Scourges: only 2 attacks, both only range 30cm, one attack is AT, the other AP, so you can only get one shot off per unit against Leman Russes. Their FF, is 3+, although their CC is is only 6+, with a 5+ save, and teleport/jump, they are about average for 75 points. Remember they only have range 30cm compared to most other enemies 45cm, so the jump helps them get closer while avoiding too much direct weapons fire.

They are a conglomeration of Dark Reapers and Swooping Hawks, both of whom have different roles. Swooping Hawks - FF/Assault and capture objectives via teleport, or lots of jumping. Dark Reapers, who I think should have an AP/AT stat, not just an AP stat on their weapons - they use missile launchers after all.

So Scourges are quite good, but not too overpowered for their points cost in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deb wrote:
Space wolves Long fangs: (3x AP/AT attacks and a FF of 3+, ATSKNF, and a 4+ save for 75 points).

Squat Thunderers: (2 x AP and 1 x AP/AT attack, stubborn, and a FF of 4+ and a 6+ save for only 50 points ).

Dark Eldar Scourges: only 2 attacks, both only range 30cm, one attack is AT, the other AP, so you can only get one shot off per unit against Leman Russes. Their FF, is 3+, although their CC is is only 6+, with a 5+ save, and teleport/jump, they are about average for 75 points. Remember they only have range 30cm compared to most other enemies 45cm, so the jump helps them get closer while avoiding too much direct weapons fire.

6 for 250 makes them less than 42 points each

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next