Login |  Register |  FAQ

Chaos v IG 3,000 point Net Epic Evolution Video Report

Post subject: Chaos v IG 3,000 point Net Epic Evolution Video Report
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hot off the press!

Hopefully this video battle report is a bit of an improvement on the last one. Comments and criticisms welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leaEfH26 ... e=youtu.be

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Chaos v IG 3,000 point Net Epic Evolution Video Report
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:37 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Don't play Net Epic but looks very nicely done!! I particularly like the way you take off models in the close assaults so we can see how it goes down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Very nice Bissler!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks chaps I'm glad you enjoyed it! ;)

Anything you think I could do to improve future reports? My wife suggested that I show individual pics of the units as I introduce them, but I like seeing them grouped as an army and think most people will know what they are anyway. Anyone who doesn't can learn as they look into the game.

I meant to say for anyone not in the know, Net Epic Evolution is a new version of Net Epic which keeps all of the same rules for all of the armies that Net Epic (itself based on 2nd Edition Epic)uses but uses an activation system more like E:A.

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another great battle report! Watching these, they really make me want to start playing the game again. I must get some painting done!

I enjoyed the little comments like 'Thats a lot of horse meat for Tescos' when the Cannon of Khorne opens fire on the R'Riders in turn one and also in turn two as the Bloodletter charges into close combat "Hello" he screams. very good ;D

Although it has nothing to do with the action of the game...what about a little atmospheric music after explaining the armies whilst panning over the armies, likewise with the battlefield and also between the turn sequences when you show the VP stats? Though I guess it would take you longer to edit and probably be a pain to do.

But like I say, another excellent and entertaining report! Keep them coming!

Can be found on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Battlescenedesigns
http://www.battlescenedesigns.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

+psypher+ wrote:
Another great battle report! Watching these, they really make me want to start playing the game again. I must get some painting done!

I enjoyed the little comments like 'Thats a lot of horse meat for Tescos' when the Cannon of Khorne opens fire on the R'Riders in turn one and also in turn two as the Bloodletter charges into close combat "Hello" he screams. very good ;D

Although it has nothing to do with the action of the game...what about a little atmospheric music after explaining the armies whilst panning over the armies, likewise with the battlefield and also between the turn sequences when you show the VP stats? Though I guess it would take you longer to edit and probably be a pain to do.

But like I say, another excellent and entertaining report! Keep them coming!

If this trifling of a report inspires you or anyone else to start playing again then I'm thrilled!

About the jokes: With the exception of maybe a dozen or so stories, I singlehandedly ran a satirical news website called "Forwardslashnews" for roughly a year, chalking up 900+ stories/comedy articles. I find it hard not to joke about things I'm involved in, something people here may have noticed on the odd occasion. I wasn't sure whether or not this would be something people would appreciate. Maybe some people would prefer no jokes at all, I dunno... Don't hold back in coming forward to let me know what you think about this!

I won't pretend that the editing is anything other than a major pain in the arse. There are a lot of cuts and for some reason Windows Movie Maker doesn't like multiple cuts in a short succession of time. On a couple of occasions the whole movie crashed because of over cutting. I've learned the hard way to save, save and save again when editing footage. Markconz' comment was particularly pleasing because those close combat cuts are some of the trickiest for WMM to deal with (it seems).

So far as music goes, yes, a bit of mood music probably would be a good idea... The last report I had posted up was a real mess in terms of the sound, caused entirely because my PC couldn't handle recording sound on Audacity AND playback my video at the same time! That problem was solved this time by posting a mute version to YouTube via a second account, and playing it back on my telly via Xbox and commentating to Audacity on the PC while watching the playback. This time the one and only focus was to make it listenable. Music is likely to muddle that, although I have to say it works very well on Hena's videos. He does have a calmer commentary style to me though, so maybe not a great idea. The one other thing I'd mention is that I worry about posting music on the videos because I fell foul of Youtube's copyright rules the last time with a Ministry track (Hero). For some reason they don't have a problem with Faith No More which is great because they are my favourite band!

I'd be interested to know how people got on with my accent this time. I did the very Glaswegian thing of talking at 100 miles an hour but this was caused by the speed of the cuts between actions - I had to explain quickly!

I did try to trim the footage so make the report as exciting as possible and I did cut right back on my set up and army introductions as this was something which I and many others felt ran on too long in my first effort. I'm hoping I maybe got the balance right there.

Something I hadn't considered was that a few people not familiar with Epic or 40K have remarked that they struggled to understand which vehicles / infantry were which but I don't know if there's much I can do about that...

Any other suggestions much welcomed!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It sounds like editing takes longer than playing the game! Hats off to you for your patience and dedication to record these reports for our enjoyment :)

Personally I didn't have any problems understanding the commentary...though I worked with 2 Glaswegian contractors for a time :P Joking aside, it was clear and concise and I liked the funny little one liners you threw in.

It never twigged about the music copyright...Doh! No worries mate, best not to breach copyright and have report removed.

Keep up the good work Sir!

Can be found on:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers bud! While the editing is a pain, I don't mind the filming and it's quite satisfying when done. There's only myself and Hena (so far as I am aware) representing Epic for battle reports on Youtube. Better still that Hena is representing E:A and I'm in there for Net Epic - albeit a different version of Net Epic - it means both incarnations of the rules are getting some publicity and that pleases me a lot.

Apologies to everyone that my last post ended up being a bit of a "making of" documentary! :D

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Cheers bud! While the editing is a pain, I don't mind the filming and it's quite satisfying when done. There's only myself and Hena (so far as I am aware) representing Epic for battle reports on Youtube. Better still that Hena is representing E:A and I'm in there for Net Epic - albeit a different version of Net Epic - it means both incarnations of the rules are getting some publicity and that pleases me a lot.

Apologies to everyone that my last post ended up being a bit of a "making of" documentary! :D

You should give yourself a pat on the back for all the good work you do to promote the hobby, in particular, Net Epic. Its guys like you that by showing your passion of the game, inspires new people and people like myself who drifted away from the game for whatever reason, to come back to the hobby and once again, get excited by it.

Can be found on:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is really great! I've done some video editing in the past and it's very time consuming. Hats off.

I love the coke can explosion!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers guys, once again your comments are much appreciated!

The coke can barrage and the beer can vortex markers seem to be growing something of a cult following! I've had a few comments about them, and if they make people smile, that's no bad thing!

I'm embarking on some video tutorials for my Net Epic Evolution system, so I'll try and make sure the vortex marker gets dusted off to make a special guest starring appearance! :D

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, the battle report is hardly in danger of going viral, but I thought it might be interesting to let you see where the hits are coming from:

UK: 65
US: 59
Spain: 15
Germany: 12
Sweden: 10
Australia: 8
France: 8
Italy: 5
Denmark: 5
Finland: 4
Poland: 4
Lithuania: 3
Netherlands: 3
Ireland: 3
Brazil: 2
Norway: 1
Russia: 1
Argentina: 1
Columbia: 1
Panama: 1
Portugal: 1

We may not have the largest numbers following our game, but isn't it great to know that we are all a part of such a far reaching global community? :)

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I liked that :-) Great models, great scenery, and coke can explosions! The pre-battle line up was nicely reminiscent of the old WD reports. Definitely makes me want to paint up my stuff, get terrain built and have a game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Glad you enjoyed it Shelfunit - I'm delighted that it has inspired you to build terrain and paint your minis!

Thank you for watching! :D

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I like that people from any countries has watched it. Gives it a "global' appeal. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules