Login |  Register |  FAQ

Tau vs Sister of Battle (latest NETEA versioin)

Post subject: Tau vs Sister of Battle (latest NETEA versioin)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I played a game against Matts Tau last week. I fielded the following list:
LIGHTNING SQUADRON [150]
2 Lightning Strike Fighters

LIGHTNING SQUADRON [150]
2 Lightning Strike Fighters

MISSION [375]
8 Battle Sisters, Canoness, 4 Rhino

EXORCISM [300]
5 Exorcist, Hunter

RETRIBUTION [375]
6 Retributor Sisters
1 Chapel (125)

REPENTANCE [225]
One Mistress Character and 6 Repentia Sister Units, 3 Rhino

PURGE [250]
6 Immolator

COVEN [200]
4 Dominion Sister units and 2 Rhinos

COVEN [200]
4 Dominion Sister units and 2 Rhinos

PENTINENCE [245]
6 Pentinent Engine

PENTINENCE [245]
6 Pentinent Engine

PENTINENCE [245]
6 Pentinent Engine

The Tau list can be found here:
http://maashes.blogspot.com/

It was not your standard Tau list and most likely a variant.

Tau won 3-2 taking Blitz, BTS and Take and Hold, Sisters got Blitz and Take and Hold.

The Tau strategy was to delay with forces on the back line forcing me to initiate and come across the board. They had two stealth suits in teleport mode and a manta and some war engines for planetfall and a space ship. It was basically drop, capture blitz, destroy bts, tnh. The manta really had no issues when it planetfalled releaseing the riptides on table edge. I had nothing really to target them at this point in the game as everything was moving and ealing with pathfinders and two other war engine units on his board half. Though I out activated him I needed to pressure his back line so I could deal with the drops, and teleports. Both stealth unit eventually got broken by penitent engines and shooting from chape/retributors. However nothing to deal with the manta and the planet falling warengines coming from the manta. Turn three Manta took blitz and after my bts was destroyed and with the war engines able to TNH. I probably could have forced a 2-1 loss if i repositioned some units to contest the back objective. If we went another turn I may have been able to contest objectives and win. But we planned to play warmaster next so its all good.

Notes on formations and new composition.
The chapel as a transport option is very handy, I stacked them with retributors so you have a lot of AP firing coming out with ignore cover and the 20cm move is definitely and improvement as thier threat range increases. The three units of penitent engines did wonderful taking out ghostkeel/stealth unit and weakening another. They garrisoned so they really took care of business. Oh and the 4+ what i call the Brad Save, now helped as one unit was able to absorb three units firing at losing only one model in turn 1. The Immolotars did okay as they targeted War engines but their close range hinders them, are their better options possibly but with the huge activation count for sisters keeping them around is worth it.

The list is fun and so many builds you can do from what is available, but you need to be aggressive and activate units accordingly as they work together better than alone especially during assaults.

thanks
Kal

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Tau vs Sister of Battle (latest NETEA versioin)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the report, very helpfull!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Profile Send private message