Login |  Register |  FAQ

Sautekh Legion vs Codex Astartes

Post subject: Re: Sautekh Legion vs Codex Astartes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

This is great stuff. Would love some suggestions over on the necron threads to give atensions some ideas or jump on the vote his already put up with some ideas.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Sautekh Legion vs Codex Astartes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:39 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

RichardL wrote:
if you're careful with it this happens very infrequently, and you have complete flexibility on what you do with the unit making the issue pretty minimal.

If you have to work at mitigating its effect I'd argue that it's not wholly positive. I agree that being able to redeploy broken Monoliths is a benefit, but it's not enough in my opinion to move it into "net positive". An offboard BTS makes it pretty easy for your opponent to win, many of my games against Necrons have ended that way.

Quote:
Looking at the Sautekh list as it currently stands i'm surprised people aren't getting in on the Ghost Ark action. Effectively 25pts for a transport with reasonable speed, a 5+ reinforced save and leader? Not to mention skimmer, and you have an absolute steal when you think about what you can otherwise get for 25pts.

Norto pointed those out to me after our, game. I agree. Slightly slower Chimera with RA and Leader are worth more than 25 points.

atension wrote:
The LM change does have a big effect on monoliths, MW attacks mean only the inv save can be taken.

Wow, yup I completely missed that. I can't remember if the Speeders hit the Monoliths or Pylons, so not sure if it affected anything in our game (or even if Norto was playing it as incorrectly as I was interpreting it).

Given that, and with the Portal change I could see a reduction in points, but I'd rather it be 250ish for 3.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message