Login |  Register |  FAQ

Net EA Black Legion (with proposed changes) vs EUK DE

Post subject: Net EA Black Legion (with proposed changes) vs EUK DE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Managed to test out the proposed Black Legion changes at the weekend. I took my 'default' Chaos list, which is: 3 units of legion marines, 1 with obliterator and SC (BTS), and 2 with rhinos, bikes, chosen with rhinos, terminators with oblit, 2 death wheels, 2 units of fighters, vs an air assault heavy Dark Eldar list, which now that i sit here and point up may have had one too many units. Ah well. It had the Archon unit with extra incubi, 2 units of warriors, 1 with dracon and portable webway, 2 wyches with extra flesh hounds, 2 slavebringers, fighters, bombers, scourges, mandrakes, and 2 vessels of pain.

Deployment: DE have just the two vessels deployed, i'm arranged in the centre of the board.
Attachment:
File comment: Deployment
IMG_20180324_154646.jpg
IMG_20180324_154646.jpg [ 161.01 KiB | Viewed 1622 times ]

Turn 1: DE go for some strafing, a bomber goes down to fighters, the other fighter unit fails to activate, both vessels go on overwatch. One unit of warriors (non-dracon) comes out of the webway and hides behind the hill. My BTS stays on overwatch on the blitz, the rest of the force moves in and tries to break the warriors, being just off sadly.

Attachment:
File comment: End of 1
IMG_20180324_160518.jpg
IMG_20180324_160518.jpg [ 183.99 KiB | Viewed 1622 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Beginning of 2
IMG_20180324_161058.jpg
IMG_20180324_161058.jpg [ 178.83 KiB | Viewed 1622 times ]

Turn 2: Scourges and mandrakes deep strike, as do the terminators. DE go first, warriors come around and prep the warrior unit nearest to the portal, and assault with scourges. This does however allow me to drive a rhino into the suppressed warriors and pull them into combat as well. The unit holds, and breaks the scourges and warriors. Bikes then summon daemons, get 5 flamers, and go kill a slavebringer. Only 3 hits from the flamers though, and it ended up a lot closer than i'd have liked! Retained with terminators and killed mandrakes, but lost 2 terminators which broke them unfortunately. DE then assault the same unit again, this time with the Archons unit and wipe it out, they do take 2 incubi and 1 raider casualty however. Followup is a slavebringer wych assault into the other unit of marines, which again wipes them unfortunately. Death wheel assaults and wipes the wyches and destroys the slavebringer after breaking it, other deathwheel assaults the archon's unit, breaking it. Second wych unit in slavebringer goes for BTS, i completely forget it has overwatch, and the unit gets pasted, with a few units and obliterator running away. Chosen summon daemons and assault other vessel after it goes for a shot on a death wheel and fluffs, and my assault fluffs and they break. They're definitely not as robust an assault unit with only half the daemon dice. Chosen don't rally, so run back towards the broken DE units. Archon rallys anyway, but the other two don't, and neither do my terminators. My BTS unfortunately rallies.

Turn 3: I think i win the rolloff, and bikes summon more daemons and finish off the other vessel of pain before it can shoot a deathwheel, also leaving it on the blitz and one other objective. I then retain with a deathwheel then break the archon's unit. DE then activate wyches and destroy my BTS, i respond my destroying his with fighters. Bombers make a run at my other deathwheel, and strip some shields off. Deathwheel doubles back to my blitz to contest and try and kill some wyches. DE then make runs on the deathwheel to try and break it with fighters and slavebringer, only taking it to 3 out of 4. Game ends with 3-1 to Chaos, with Blitz, take and hold, BTS vs BTS.

Attachment:
File comment: End of game
IMG_20180324_171607.jpg
IMG_20180324_171607.jpg [ 188.8 KiB | Viewed 1622 times ]

It was an interesting game, the Chaos lack of Ground AA was a bit of a pain in this matchup, and i struggled to keep the superior DE Air off my back, the slavebringers being particularly nasty given their shields give them cover. Daemons definitely felt much more toned down, and weren't carrying assaults on their own like they normally would, although the DE air assaults did leave units a bit more vulnerable than they would normally be due to having no chance to summon daemons before being assaulted. Fighters at 30cm range was handy given it allowed me to sit in obliterator flak bubbles and avoid the DE fighters having carte blanche to come in and attack.

Things would have been a bit different around my blitz if i'd remembered to overwatch, but such is life. Overall Chaos units felt a little less dependable without the massed daemon support though, which imo is a good thing.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Net EA Black Legion (with proposed changes) vs EUK DE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the report, nic elooking table there!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was mainly just bits we could scavenge at the local games store, as my scenery's currently lurking up at another club!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I didn't usually like the deathwheel model idea but they look tough!!!! Nice looking armies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting to read. Need to point upp my Black Legion and stat getting games with them.