Login |  Register |  FAQ

NetEA latd redux V0.2 vs EpicUK Vior'la 1.1

Post subject: NetEA latd redux V0.2 vs EpicUK Vior'la 1.1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Got a game in last night versus dptdexys and his slaanesh LATD cult army, from memory he took

Coven (slaanesh) - 12x cultists, Daemon Prince, pact, 6 land transport, 1 technical
Coven (slaanesh) - 12x cultists, pact, 6 land transport, 1 technical
Coven (slaanesh) - 12x cultists, pact, 6 land transport, 1 technical
Coven (tzeentch) - 12x cultists, pact, 6 land transport, 1 technical
Knights
Knights
Questor
Subjugator
Subjugator
Subjugator
Doomwings

-7 lesser daemons total

I took

Heavy battlesuit formation (3x XV104)
Heavy battlesuit formation (3x XV107)
Vior'la Fire Warriors - (6 fire warriors, 3 Devilfish) Shas'o, Skyray
Vior'la Fire Warriors - (6 fire warriors, 3 Devilfish) Skyray
Vior'la Fire Warriors - (8 fire warriors) Fireblade, XV9 Hazard Suit
Pathfinders - (4 pathfinders, 2 Devilfish)
Razorshark Squadron
Strike Modified Orca
Protector II

I chose the twin pinpoint attack for the spaceship and picked turn 1

Turn 1

Tau win strategy roll, spaceship activates, targets Subjugator, rolls snakeyes :{[]
Doomwings go on CAP
Razorsharks ground attack knight formation, doomwings CAP, shoot down one razorshark, remaining two planes put a BM on knights
the LATD then began to push forward, one unit of pathfinders doubles up and markerlights a coven, the XV107's then shred the vehicles on advance, the fire warrior formations sit and sustain with seeker missiles however Dave makes the majority of saves on his scouts (grrr!)
Orca with fire warrior formation engages subjugator, does 2 points of damage for none in return and breaks it, Riptides hit the questor but whiff all their macro shots and just manage to break it, scouts rush forward and break the orca, destroying it before it can fly off

turn 2

Tau win strategy roll, pathfinders call coordinated fire with XV107 suits, breaking a second coven, second pathfinders retain and call coordinated fire with XV104 suits, they maul and break the BTS coven. Coven on right flank engages pathfinders but misses all attacks, the nearby XV107 suits and fire warriors support fire and break the coven for no loss, Dave continues to target the pathfinder formations, fire warriors again sustain with seeker missiles with little effect

turn 3

tau win strategy roll, XV107 suits double to re-break rallied subjugator, they are then engaged by a retinue and are wiped out, knights sustain on foot fire warriors, wiping them out too, mechanised fire warriors double up

turn 4

LATD win strategy roll, knights sustain on BTS fire warriors and kill Shas'o (stupid positional move by me!!) they break and flee into LATD table half. Riptides double and destroy questor on Tau blitz, however they fail to jetpack to contest T&H objective too. Fire warriors march into LATD table half, latd shoot them but fail to break them, planes and nearby single cultist stand wipe out broken tau BTS

Game ends 3-0 to LATD (T&H, DTF, BTS)

Really fun game, felt close throughout, a couple of lucky rally rolls at crucial times from dave, helped by stupid positioning errors from myself swung it in his favour

I really like the latd list as it stands, I do think the covens having generally better AT firepower than a guard company is a bit weird.... them being able to chuck out ~20 AT6+ shots can be quite powerful, but still didn't feel game-breaking, land transports are excellent, while they're light vehicles, the extra move, AT shot and 2 stand transport is a great deal.... if only the orks had something like that....

on the Tau side, I was quite pleased with how it performed, the XV107's turned out to be less reslient than anticipated thanks to my very poor saving rolls.... the boosted firefight on the fire warriors meant they are great at mutually supportive positioning and while still not a match for aspect warriors or frienzied daemons, they aren't quite the pushover they used to be in engagements

The XV104's were decent if not spectacular, I will try a second formation out and see how they get on next time

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NetEA latd redux V0.2 vs EpicUK Vior'la 1.1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can't seem to run down the EUK Viorla list. Would you mind directing me to where it could be found? I have friend looking for an excuse to use his newest Tau stuff :)

Iron Warriors (Currently Building)
Daemons

My Commission Website: http://hulksmashstudios.webs.com
My Languishing Blog that will soon host some Epic stuff: http://hulksmash-homeplace.blogspot.com

Profile Send private message