Falchar was burning. Several sections of the city had been razed to ground by the warriors of Danarr and Dolnier as they swept through the city in search of the taint. Slowly but surely they were losing their humanity as they embraced the chaos that was starting to engulf the planet.
Nearly a year ago most of the 12 lords had overthrown the governor of the planet. Some time ago he managed to send a plea for help with a passing rogue trader. This had brought a Strike Cruiser of Howling Griffons in but they had been defeated by the planetary defence forces and Imperial Guard units trained on the planet 
. For many the situation seemed hopeless as the fighting grew and threatened to engulf the entire planet.
Yet in some parts of the planet local Guard commanders were rejecting the orders from 12 lord and high command to purge the areas around their garrisons. One such place was Norgan protectorate. It was in southern hemisphere of the planet. It shared a continent with Haeltat protectorate and were separated from it by a mountain range. Within it the Guard commander had quickly contacted local Arbites and organised the defence of the place.
So far it had repulsed all the major attempts by the traitors to enter the area. However the northern area of the protectorate had been infiltrated by roving traitor war bands. For any living outside of major population centres they brought terror and destruction. It was feared that something had to give in soon unless Imperium was able to react the the growing threat chaos infiltration.
Thus when a city of Erat near northern mountain range fell silent the worst was feared. Several units were sent to investigate which also vanished. Tales of diseases and sickness started to spread from the area and town and cities around the place started clamouring for help. Eventually elements of 312th Air Cavalry Regiment was sent to a PDF garrison nearby the Erat to find out what happened.
General GÃƒÂ¼nlich sat next to a large desk staring at the map on top of it when a vox suddenly signalled.
- Valkyrie Group D5 reporting in, sir. We've spotted a greenish mist at the expected direction. Location 65 by 12 grid 43 Alpha. We've detected movement inside the mist, but are unable to get a clear readings at the current altitude.
- You are authorised to move in.
- Closing in ... There is something huge there, turning on the vid feeds ... By the Emperor. Do you see this, it's enormous. Sensors can't detect if it's biological or not. There is also other units moving - What the ... scatter, scatter. We're under attack by enemy aircraft moving to ... [static]
- "That is a titan" commented GÃƒÂ¼nlich "The PDF units protecting the city of Felldove don't stand a change against it."
- "There is nearly 700 thousand citizens in Felldove." said Lieutenant Kirkland. "We must stop them before they enter the city."
- "Sir, we have a pair of Deathstrike carriers here." said Major Asuran
- "Yes we do." said GÃƒÂ¼nlich and continued to stare at the map. "If they intend to get to Felldove they most likely are going to go through 43 by 22 as it has the road system. There are PDF companies within half a days march from there."
- Major get your company ready to move within 5 hours. You are escorting those carriers to the 43 by 22. Have PDF take control of the forest and hill looking at the roads. You will be supported by Storm Trooper Platoons and Valkyries by the time you arrive there. Remember that experience and will are what separates Imperial Guard from PDF. Show that you and your men have what it takes to earn your place in the Guard.
- Yes, sir!
_________________Rare Earth: Conflict
- Comments and testing welcome