Login |  Register |  FAQ

Skitarii EUK vs LATD Redux 3k

Post subject: Skitarii EUK vs LATD Redux 3k
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Note-report from a vassal game with MikeT. Mike wanted to get a LATD test game and I thought it might be fun to trial the newest list on the block.

EUK Skitarii 3000pts
skitarii cohort (+SC 50, +hydra 50) 325
skitarii cohort (+chimeras 125 +hydra 50) 350
skitarii cohort (+gorgon 75) 300
Sagitarii maniple (+chimeras 75) 250
cataphractii maniple 400
sentry maniple 150
sentry maniple 150
ordinatas golgotha (hellfire missiles +50) 550
Minoris maniple (1 plasma, +volcano cannon upgrade 25) 325
Tbolts 150

Lost and the Damned Redux v0.2 3000pts (20cm move plague towers, 15cm move contagions)

Coven (nurgle) 550
Demagogue
6 x Mutant
5 x Cultist
Plague Tower
Spawn

Coven (Slannesh) 320
Demagogue
5 x Mutant
5 x Cultist
1 x Mutant 2. Icon
6 x transport
1 x Technical

Coven (Slannesh) 310
Asp Champion
Arch-Heretic
6 x Mutant
5 x Cultist
6 x transport
1 x Technical

Coven (Tzeentch) 320
Demagogue
5 x Mutant
5 x Cultist
1 x Mutant w. icon
6 x transport
1 x Technical

Contagion Engines 325
Subjugator 225
Questor 275
Knights 275
Doomwings 150

Daemon Pool
4+10 150
2 x Greater Daemon 100

NOTE: for ease of reference for the battle report the stands for each of the covens is colour coded by god/faction. Nurgle = green(however, they never get out of the plague tower, so you won't actually see this), slaanesh = tan, tzeentch = white
stompas are kngihts, gunfort is plague tower, battlefort is gorgon. SHT hulls for minoris, and SHT with a deathstrike stuck on it for majoris.

deployment
Corners, skitarii in the top left. Contagions garrison on OW in woods, both sentry maniples garrison on OW, with one of them stringing out robots to get the rapiers into the mid-line woods.

The nurgle formation started inside the plague tower (red gunfortress on far left of LATD deployment).
Skitarii started inside the gorgon (red battlefort on right of Skitarii deployment)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Skitarii EUK vs LATD Redux 3k
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:32 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Turn 1 Skitarii initiative
Skit> ordinatus sustains, 4 missiles fired, covering 2 covens and the knights with barrage temples. 1 knight dies, knights break. slaanesh formation losses 4 stands, and all the dice rolled to hit the tzeentch formation miss.
(realised half way into turn 2 it would have been 3+ to hit on sustain, so in-fact a large part of the tzeentch formation would have gone boom, as i'd rolled a stack of 3s when looking for 4s … oops! had also been rolling 5+ AT against LVs i could have 3+ APd)

LATD> slaanesh coven fail to activate, removes 5BM
Skit> Tbolts strafe contagions, 1 rocket hits home killing a catapult, 2BM
LATD> questor fails to activate and removes BM
Skit> SC skitarii fail to activate and remove BM
LATD> contagions marshal
Skit> Sagitarii fail to activate, single forward (so between us 4 out of the first 7 activations have rolled a 1 to activate now…)
LATD> nurgle coven doubles, summoning 2 lesser demons and a greater demon of nurgle as it goes and shoots sagitarii. 1 chimera and 2 sagitarii die and they break
Skit> minoris move up to shoot the plague tower, the volcano cannon misses and only 1 plasma shot hits, 1DC for 2BM
LATD> subjugator singles, overwatching rapiers stip the shields and the subjugator BMs the rapiers back
Skit> Cataphractii double to fire on the subjugator 1DC breaks it, it retreats behind the nearby hill
LATD> doomwings strafe the other rapier formation (sentry maniple), killing 1, 2BM suppresses the other 2
Skit> gorgon skitarii march up to the contagions
LATD> tzeentch coven summons 6 flamers and march up to the gorgon
Skit> sentry maniple sustains on plague tower for 1 BM, bringing it to a total of 3 BM out of the 25 needed to break the formation
LATD> slaanesh coven summons 4 hounds and double up to the sentry maniple for 1BM

Doomwings disengage with 1BM, hellblades get off safely

table at end of T1/start T2:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Turn 2 LATD initiative
LATD> tzeentch coven summons greater demon, fails to engage with re-roll, shoots gorgon, 1DC 2BM
Skit> majoris fires last 2 missiles and slaanesh formation and cuts them down to 3 stands and a flak truck
Skit> minoris volcano cannon hits plague tower for 1TK and a crit which kills a passenger
LATD> contagions hit the chimera skitarii inflicting 6BM with disrupt and kills
Skit> cataphractii single and destroy the subjugator
LATD> plague tower coven fail to engage … shoots sentry maniple and breaks them with kills
Skit> gorgon skitarii engage contagions, winning the assault to leave 1 fearless contagion in place
LATD> knights fail to activate … remove BMs
Skit> chimera skitarii marshal (all BM removed) and single up
LATD> questor doubles up and shoots the sagitarii, killing 2 stands and breaking them
Skit> SC skitarii march up
LATD> doomwings strafe sentry maniple killing 2 rapiers
Skitarii> Tbolts intercept the doomwings, killing one
LATD> slaanesh coven summon demons and march up to the minoris
Skitarii> sentry maniple marshals and BMs the now very close slaanesh coven

aircraft disengage without incident

Table at end of T2/start T3:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Turn 3 Skit initiative
Skit> chimera formation sustains on re-roll on the slaanesh coven, 4 kills, 5BM
Skit> gorgon double away from the tzeentch formation and runs behind a hill in the LATD deployment zone
LATD> slaanesh coven summons and engages the chimera skitarii, chopping them down to 4, which flee behind a hill to the north east
LATD> contagion sustains on SC formation for 1BM
Skit> minoris sustain on plague tower, getting 2 TK hits and 2 crits, killing the plague tower, killing all inside, the demons evaporate
LATD> tzeentch coven summons *more* demons and engages the sagitarii with the 40cm charge on hounds. Assault wipes out the sagitarii for no losses and places BM to kill a chimera on the nearby broken chimera skitarii, who were within 15cm
Skit> cataphractii double to crossfire questor but only place 1BM
LATD> kngiht double up and BM sentry maniple
Skit> SC skitarii single and blow up a transport in the slaanesh coven
LATD> doomwings kill a rapier
Skit> Tbolts strafe the slaanesh coven, killing 2 transports and the flak, breaking them
LATD> remaining slaanesh formation summons demons engage cataphractii, after two rounds of dead roll off assault resolution the leman russ win
Skit> sentry maniple sustains fire on the questor with all 1 of its unsupressed rapiers for a BM, leaving the questor one away from breaking, and …
LATD> questor fails to activate, breaking itself

game called here, as the questor can't now more up to contest an objective, leaving it 2–0 to Skitarii (BTS, DTF)
(majoris was 16cm off its bltiz in shot, but even if it failed to activate it would have singled in to claim it)

----

thoughts

MikeT had awful luck activating in turn 2, so that should be kept in mind in terms of any play testing results analysis. More than 'made up' for my own stupidity in rolling for 4s with the first ordinatus activation.

LATD are a real slog to kill and it takes a lot to break down the big formations. In this case it was mostly luck on the part of the skitarii, like getting double crits shooting the BTS plague tower in turn 3.

Skitarii seem interesting, would be keen to try them again with knights and more minoris. Hellfire missiles are a bit devastating, can see they might get a bit dull to face after multiple games.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the report! Great to see 2 very interesting lists go at it! You guys did use very different lists from what i would have used though.

thanks again!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

MiteT was specifically play-testing a WE-heavy LATD list using the slaanesh titans, so that shaped most of his list choice.

What would you have gone for with the skitarii? Was my first time using the list and i've never seen any other lists from the army (unsurprisingly). One of my concerns was not having enough fast units for objective grabbing, which meant I changes some of my initial choices in favour of chimeras.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the report an interesting read.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i would have for usre included the knights which makes for a very strong BTS-fotmation. The Majoris has never looked especially interesting since it "only" can si by the blitz and sustain on stuff. i like a more versatile list. I would also have used more flyers (2 TB-formations at least) and probably gone for 2 Catapratcii formations.
I think my list would have been more assault-y and less shoot-y kinda... Does that makes sense?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:38 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Yeah it does. Must admit i felt the same about knights when I first looked at it, and if I build a (physical) army I might knight-up (i don't think id take the majoris in the iron warriors normally either). However, I decided that as it was just vassal proxying I might as well go with the big guns for once! I was very fortunate that the LATD didn't have hordes of zombies to harass the majoris as well.

If you take the non-missile majoris you'd need to 'use' them a lot more, as they don't have indirect.

I'd also wanted to play about with the extra rapier upgrade on the garrisoned sentry formations, but didn't have the points.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes i agree, extra rapiers on garrisoned sentries on OW makes for a scary area control unit right from the start!