Login |  Register |  FAQ

Feral Orks for Castle Assault 2016

Post subject: Feral Orks for Castle Assault 2016
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thought a few of you might be interested in my latest project:

http://d6addiction.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/unleash-horde-feral-orks-for-castle.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Feral Orks for Castle Assault 2016
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Funny dude! ;D

Your models look great and you also got the strategy dead on!

Happy gaming!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

These are fab!

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice painting! I've been considering an Orkeosaurus heavy Feral army too, though have only tried one game with it and I'll be interested to hear how you do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With three titan armies, a russ-heavy Minervans and this abomination of Orkasauruses it looks like this year's meta is going to be 4+ Reinforced Armour spam!

I tip my hat to the guys who have brought all the Shadowswords and Railheads, but I don't think even they are enough to deal with the 42 DC worth of War Engines that this Feral Ork horde has!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That number could be even higher. I plan a Feral 'Orkeosarus Legion' list with 66 x 4+ Reinforced at 3k (3 Steam Gargants plus 8 x basic wildboyz inside Orkeosauruses and a formation of Madboyz to take it to 10 activations). The infantry would mostly spend the game mounted up in the Orkeos, so there often be little or no AP targets for the enemy to shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
Nice painting! I've been considering an Orkeosaurus heavy Feral army too, though have only tried one game with it and I'll be interested to hear how you do.

You and me both considering their inaugural game will be at the comp. My only real concern is that I need to cross a lot of ground and with an unreliable activation roll usually... I also suspect this will be far more prone to paper/scissor/volcano cannon than my usual builds. Either way it should be fun with.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tourney has been run and the Ferals had a field day!

http://d6addiction.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/waaaagh-feral-orks-storming-castle.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well done! I'm pleased to hear you did so well :)

Space Marines are considered a powerful army in the UK (in the hands of a good player) so I'm surprised to see you mention they're considered low tier in Oz.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:37 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Marines are considered a top tier army when in the hands of a good player anywhere in the world (as are most armies).

I did pick the Ferals for a podium finish - congrats. I've played against them once and I was amazed buy their resilience.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Amazing result and great set of reports. My Ferals have suffered recently but it is great to see them doing so well.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The follow up from CA2016 - Tapping into the Feral side...

http://d6addiction.blogspot.com.au/2016 ... feral.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would like a rule clarification for the Feral Ork Wyrd Boyz, since you took them to Castle Assault. Do the Wyrd Boyz AA shots count as MW? the stats line is a little confusing. I know they get a Fist of Gork which is a single shot range 45cm MW 5+/AA5+, MW , The coma between the AA5+ is confusing. Does it mean they have a MW AA shot, does it mean they have a single MW shot in CC or FF?

I notice that the Steam Gargants also have this Fist of Gork weapon. Does this mean that a Uge Steam gargant formaton has 3 ground based AA5+ between them. I forgot to use them in a test game today. It did not seem to matter though, as the enemy flew over 5 ground based AA Wyrd Boyz from different formations, as I had them spread over the table.

Please clarify about the fist of Gork and the coma.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Wyrdboy have macro AA
no FF or CC

Steam Gargant have macro AA
and just the mega choppas if u want some TK CC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have been working out a few different Feral Ork 3000 point lists. Each has its merits and weaknesses. They each have about 10 activations, a decent amount of ground based 45cm MW 5+ AA lots of DC6 orkasaurus transports, enough boar boyz and other smaller formations for initiative sinking, and to assist in assault, and if they survive they can rush up an take/ deny objectives.

There is the obligatory UGE steam gargant mob, and I hope to ground my opponents in close combat with overwhelming numbers. I am liking the revised list 1, however the other 2 look good as well.

List 1 10 Formations, 9 WE, 9 MW AA
450 Points – Normal Warband – 1 x Warlord, 2 x Nobz, 7 x Boyz, 3 x Grotz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal WildBoyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x WyldBoyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal Wildboyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x WyldBoyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal Wildboyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x WyldBoyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
500 Points – 1 Uge Steam Gargant Mob – (3) armed with 2 Soopa gunz each [BTS]
100 Points – Boar Boyz Mob – 5 x Boar Boyz

List 2 – 10 Formations, 8 WE, 8 MW AA
425 Points – Normal Warband – 1 x Warlord, 2 x Nobz, 6 x Boyz, 2 x Grotz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal Wild Boyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x Wyld Boyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal Wildboyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x Wyld Boyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal Wildboyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x Wyld Boyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
175 Points – Boar Boyz Mob – 10 x Boar Boyz
225 Points – Junka Brigade – 1 Nobz unit, 6 x Boyz, 7 x Junka Trukks

List 3 – 10 Formations, 9 WE, 8 ground based AA MW
425 Points – Normal Warband – 1 x Warlord, 2 x Nobz, 6 x Boyz, 2 x Grotz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
350 Points – Normal Wild Boyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x Wyld Boyz, 1 x Wyrd Boy, 1 x Orkasaurus
300 Points – Normal Wildboyz Warband – 2 x Nobz, 6 x Wyld Boyz, 1 x Orkasaurus

Norto and I (hopefully) will be having a grudge match first round of CanCon 2018+, as he and I have never gotten around to playing against each other over the 5 tournaments I have been fought in the last 2 years and a half years. He has hinted at using a Mechanicus Skitarri list, that looks pretty nasty. Hopefully I can survive the 2 pin point attacks, the one shot MW2+ TK D3 deathstrike missile, and 6 x 10BP one disrupt shot missiles mounted on his ordinatus minorus. The Golgothas missiles might also be a nuisance, as will its back up weaponry. My advantage is going to be in close combat once I get close enough, and providing I survive the first round bloodfest slaughter he expects from his one shot weapons. Hopefully enough survive, rally and I can then rush up and destroy all those 2 DC WE of his. They only need 4 units to stop the troops loaded on his WE from dismounting into CC/FF, and they are then stuck on their transports unable to attack me in the engagement. (a cunning plan, now where did I put that turnip - Baldric, Baldric get me that turnip)