Login |  Register |  FAQ

Supazzap Guns

Post subject: Supazzap Guns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:46 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

As noted, there is a standard problem costing any BP unit on a per-unit basis because the firepower isn't linear.  In that respect it doesn't really matter what the BP value is.  There's will be 'break points' and unavoidable min-max configurations.  That's why, under the current system, paired Soopaguns are better than 2 Zzaps for general purpose use.

I don't really follow the argument that Wyrdboyz and Speedstas would need to be changed in point value when they're separate units (character) and not even available in the same army lists.

OTOH, I think a change to the stats cascades through all the Ork WEs as well.  It would take a lot of re-jiggering that I'd rather avoid, because I want to get something completed...

Last point, I think that 75 point Oddboyz will actually improve the horde feel despite the fact that it's a points increase.  By increasing the points of the hi-tek specialty unit, it will discourage army construction made to maximize available oddboyz slots.  It's less efficient.  That means you should see less of the "mekweapon surrounded by meatshield" force org.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Supazzap Guns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If oddboyz cost 75, maybe gunzwagon could have armour 4+ (or hit AP4+/AT5+) and big gunz have move 15...

Profile Send private message