Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Traitor Titan Legions (TTL) v2.2 and v2.31b [Developmental]

Post subject: Re: Traitor Titan Legions (TTL) v2.2 and v2.3b [Developmenta
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo wrote:
- Coruscant Hail and Corruption Cannon should: shouldn't they have its stats exchanged?, so Nurgle gets the BP ignore cover and Tzentch the MW which fits both much better than the opposite, and maybe the ranges too. I supose this is a typo.

-Daemon's maw get Ignore Cover which is not much typical for Tzeentch and also is less powerful than Nurgle's head. I think you could go with MW, +3 attacks or just +2 EA with nothing more (i am taking into account here they have better FF on Warhounds)

The weapons are based on the E-UK Chaos Titan stats, and the intention has always been to keep them like this unless there's something horribly wrong with them.

Quote:
One thing that bothered me is what is the advantage of chosing Tzeentch for Reavers and Warlords? They get punished with no tail and less CC which harms them further because they have to take a mandatory CC weapon but i don't see the advantages, and the weapons are on par with other God's or lower (Demon's maw for example).

I have to disagree with you here, because I think Tzeentch is very competitive. And you've misread the rules: There's no mandatory CC weapon, you can take a Scout weapon as well. This is to differentiate the list from AMTL, and is how the titans look in E-UK. In a pure list, Tzeench has +1 when making an advance, which is pretty nice given how shooty they are.

Quote:
Easy to circunvent, my aim is to reduce the number of changes to one, add granularity and make easier to reach the crippling and it can still be done: Make it so they get at -2 on activations at 2DC and -1 on 4DCs for the Reavers and Lord of battles, and maybe the Warlord too (it is sturdire and that would be a point to take it over the Reaver). And at 4DCs and 8DCs for the Emperor. So far i like the -1 on activations more than the half BMs and it looks to me less frustrating (at least a hold can be made) and the effect is similar.

I'd like to try the current proposed rules first, but always good with more alternatives.

Quote:
More than the Special Rules i see more concern about the number of units. Don't missunderstand, i prefer lists were there is variety and freedom in choosing, but some of them i don't see the point.
-For example, what was the intention on three Defilers, one for each god? Just for the one god army Special Rule? If it is that you can always add a note saying that they can choose any faction, like with the Warbike Outriders on Speed Freks or Trappas in Ferals.

The variety in the list might seem insane, but I think the default way of playing it will always be a one-power list. And then having some variety isn't too much I think.

Quote:
-Second, how Daemon works with Titans? It looks cool thinking that there is an Altar inside the Titan which spews daemons but i cannot picture and assault like that in EA. If only the daemonic engines were daemons and not possesed machinery i could see summoning as more into theme.

The idea is that Chaos Titans are all daemonic in one way or another. As you might have noticed, there's no infantry in the list apart from Daemons. So I thought that the Daemons fills that function very nicely, and it's a lot of fun to play with as well.

Quote:
Short answer would be I would like to but it is quite complicated. Longer without boring you with my life issues is i would like to because where I am right now i need to travel 12 hours to meet the closest person that plays, and i can only play online in the local library, meaning that in weekends i can only saturday morning, and paying for TTS would be a waste just for a few games, if any. Vassal could be OK but i need to set up the game two weeks beforehand because of work.

I've had a hard time getting into Vassal to be honest, it hurts my eyes to look at.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mrdiealot wrote:
Abetillo wrote:
- Coruscant Hail and Corruption Cannon should: shouldn't they have its stats exchanged?, so Nurgle gets the BP ignore cover and Tzentch the MW which fits both much better than the opposite, and maybe the ranges too. I supose this is a typo.

-Daemon's maw get Ignore Cover which is not much typical for Tzeentch and also is less powerful than Nurgle's head. I think you could go with MW, +3 attacks or just +2 EA with nothing more (i am taking into account here they have better FF on Warhounds)

The weapons are based on the E-UK Chaos Titan stats, and the intention has always been to keep them like this unless there's something horribly wrong with them.

I understand, but is it not possible to change the gods they are related too? They make not much sense with their curent afiliations.

Mrdiealot wrote:
I have to disagree with you here, because I think Tzeentch is very competitive. And you've misread the rules: There's no mandatory CC weapon, you can take a Scout weapon as well. This is to differentiate the list from AMTL, and is how the titans look in E-UK. In a pure list, Tzeench has +1 when making an advance, which is pretty nice given how shooty they are.

So Tzentch Reavers and Warlord are fine if it is a pure Tzzentch list, if not there is no reason to take them over others apart from fluff.

Mrdiealot wrote:
The variety in the list might seem insane, but I think the default way of playing it will always be a one-power list. And then having some variety isn't too much I think.

As i said before i have no complaints about the variety, but there are some that i dont understand, but it seems from my words that i nailed it and that those three have no real purpose aside from their name.

Mrdiealot wrote:
So I thought that the Daemons fills that function very nicely, and it's a lot of fun to play with as well.
This was what i was aking about, how do they work, as even though the idea is fluffy i dont see how it works from the gameplay side of things.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I understand, but is it not possible to change the gods they are related too? They make not much sense with their curent afiliations.

I think they're OK as they are honestly.

Quote:
So Tzentch Reavers and Warlord are fine if it is a pure Tzzentch list, if not there is no reason to take them over others apart from fluff.

The Tzeentch Warlord has access to the best-ranged shooting of all the Chaos Warlords, and the Beam of Change is a really powerful weapon. Don't agree they're a bad choice at all.

Quote:
As i said before i have no complaints about the variety, but there are some that i dont understand, but it seems from my words that i nailed it and that those three have no real purpose aside from their name.

Have yet to try all the three types of Defilers, but the small variety in stats between them feels quite reasonable to me, and gives each army a distinct feel.

Quote:
This was what i was aking about, how do they work, as even though the idea is fluffy i dont see how it works from the gameplay side of things.

Not sure what you want to know? They're daemons, and you summon them like you would with any daemon. All formations count as having Daemonic Pact, as described in the list. What they do is that they allow even damaged formations to take on larger opponents, and it also allows the list to get at enemies that are in houses. It's one of the buffs the list gets for not having AMTLs long range shooting, and not having any infantry.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mrdiealot wrote:
Have yet to try all the three types of Defilers, but the small variety in stats between them feels quite reasonable to me, and gives each army a distinct feel.

Yeah, you are right. I don't know what i have been drinking these days that made me see that all three had the same stats after checking twice. I will have to check the water. :wah

Mrdiealot wrote:
Not sure what you want to know? They're daemons, and you summon them like you would with any daemon. All formations count as having Daemonic Pact, as described in the list. What they do is that they allow even damaged formations to take on larger opponents, and it also allows the list to get at enemies that are in houses. It's one of the buffs the list gets for not having AMTLs long range shooting, and not having any infantry.

The question was out of curiosity, if there is any different use that you have noticed when summoned by Titans instead of by infantry like usual.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
The question was out of curiosity, if there is any different use that you have noticed when summoned by Titans instead of by infantry like usual.

Summoning daemons can be a mixed blessing, as you get stuff that has significantly worse save than most of your other stuff. This gets even worse when you have void shields. Where they really shine is when getting into an engage, and gets into CC, as you can take the MW or TK attacks on the Daemons, and the normal attacks on the Titan.

You can of course also summon daemons defensively, to create a screen that a CC oriented opponent will have to get through, but I've not done that much.

They're also really good at making even a formation with 1 unit remaining able to still be dangerous.

In TTL, lots of stuff cost 2 to summon tho, which can make it hard to really do these long-range engages unless you have lots of extra augmented summoning bonuses.

Post subject: Re: Traitor Titan Legions (TTL) v2.2 and v2.31b [Development
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Updated the beta version to v2.31b. Since there's some significant changes in it, I'm curious what people think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been thinking some more about the Towering Incarnations of Chaos rule, and might change it to the following:

Quote:
Towering Incarnations of Chaos (Experimental Playtest Version)
Whenever a friendly Chaos Warlord is broken/destroyed, all friendly formations suffers 1/D3 Blast Markers. Whenever a friendly Chaos Imperator is broken/destroyed, all friendly formations suffer D3/D6 Blast Markers.

Giving the entire army Blast Markers also when you break the big titans would really give an incentive to attack them. But maybe that's *too* nasty? Would be interesting to playtest it in any case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So,

I've been away from the list for awhile. I keep coming back to this army because I want to build a list around one of the Imperitor classes Titans (I've become a little obsessed with doing conversions for each Faction). Unfortunately, I can't seem to get past the idea that most big Chaos War Machines should still have the same primary weapons that their loyalist counterparts do. The available fluff supports that fact and logic dictates it as well.

How about letting the Carrion Lords upgrade Support weapons to Hellstorm Cannons, Plasma Annihilators, Vengeance Cannons or Missle Batteries (maybe) for 50 points. I'd even be okay with slightly degraded versions (MW3+, BP8, etc.)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OracleBoyd wrote:
So,

I've been away from the list for awhile. I keep coming back to this army because I want to build a list around one of the Imperitor classes Titans (I've become a little obsessed with doing conversions for each Faction). Unfortunately, I can't seem to get past the idea that most big Chaos War Machines should still have the same primary weapons that their loyalist counterparts do. The available fluff supports that fact and logic dictates it as well.

How about letting the Carrion Lords upgrade Support weapons to Hellstorm Cannons, Plasma Annihilators, Vengeance Cannons or Missle Batteries (maybe) for 50 points. I'd even be okay with slightly degraded versions (MW3+, BP8, etc.)?

I'm completely re-working TTL right now, where fixed configurations will be standard, so this will be an option that I will consider. But it will take a while before I can post it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nearly four years later... Is this list still alive?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:23 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I don't think mrdiealot is doing active development, no.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I figured as much, given the long silence. But it was worth asking.

Too bad. This is a concept I think deserves its own army list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

He's continuing developing lista under the EA: Ragnarök banner.
Lots of good ideas for rules, scenarios and army lists in that project.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LInky?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event= ... IoiIoB7Gvg

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next