Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Traitor Titan Legions (TTL) v2.2 and v2.31b [Developmental]

Post subject: Re: [Experimental] Chaos Titan Legion (CTL) list
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some Heretek Temple Thoughts: E-UK Skitarii can easily get multiple 6xAA5+ (Minoris), Eldar can have multiplies of Firestorms with 4xAA4+. Squats have the (dirt cheap at 175 points) Thunderfires with 60cm 3xAA4+.

Of course, the Heretek Temple is on a platform that's really hard to suppress or destroy. But compared to the slightly bonkers range of the Imperator (90cm AA4+ TK(D3)) it is actually possible to stay away from it.

The easiest thing might be to drop the Temple and just have people take multiples of Heretek Shrines. That would create space in the chart for other stuff. Might be the sane thing to do.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That probably gives you the most flexibility, and also lets you change the stats of the Shrine without having to worry about overlap with the Temple.

Other comparisons:

NetEA Titan Legions Carapace Multilasers (50pt upgrade, so doesn't use a weapon slot)
30cm 2xAP5+/AT6+/AA5+

EpicUK AMTL Carapace Multilasers (50pt upgrade, so doesn't use a weapon slot)
30cm 4xAA6

EpicUK AMTL Hydra Platform (uses a carapace mount, 360˚ fire arc)
45cm 2xAP4+/AT5+/AA5+

A completely different approach would be to borrow Furies as summoned daemons, with their 30cm AA6+ representing them mobbing passing aircraft. Although I don't think that would work on it's own as you'd have very little AA cover if losing the strategy roll, even with the changes to the Chaos Knights.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Temporarily, I've stuck the Army Forge file up on my own hosting: http://ijw.on-rev.com/armyforge_temp/indexNETEA.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
That probably gives you the most flexibility, and also lets you change the stats of the Shrine without having to worry about overlap with the Temple.

Ended up doing just that. Messed around with the Shrine a bit too. Replaced the Temple it with another weapon. Gives a bit more variety to the Undivided Battle weapons section.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
Temporarily, I've stuck the Army Forge file up on my own hosting: http://ijw.on-rev.com/armyforge_temp/indexNETEA.html

Great! Thanks!

Post subject: Re: [Experimental] Chaos Titan Legion (CTL) list 1.25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post updated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:

Updated to 1.25, along with a few bugfixes like adding the missing Rot Cannon and Warp Missile...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And a couple more potential typos, or name changes required:

Defilers > Reaper Autocannon: is listed as AP4+ but should be AP4+/AT6+.

Chaos Knights > Renegade paladins of Chaos Undivided > AA gun name: should there be another word after 'Heretek'?

Chaos Knights > Bloodstriker Gallants of Khorne > Heavy Stubber: is listed as (15cm) Small Arms, but should have 30cm AP6+ as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
And a couple more potential typos, or name changes required:

Defilers > Reaper Autocannon: is listed as AP4+ but should be AP4+/AT6+.

Chaos Knights > Renegade paladins of Chaos Undivided > AA gun name: should there be another word after 'Heretek'?

Chaos Knights > Bloodstriker Gallants of Khorne > Heavy Stubber: is listed as (15cm) Small Arms, but should have 30cm AP6+ as well.

Thanks, fixed in version 1.26 which is now up.

Post subject: Re: [Experimental] Chaos Titan Legion (CTL) list 1.275
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

First playtest today with version 1.275. Winning Draw for Chaos Titan Legion against E-UK Squats with a pure Slaanesh build. Will post Battlereport in a little while.

*A little while later*

OK, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=32144

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:

Now updated for 1.275, and fixed a few more bugs while I was at it.
Titan Weapon names now start with FW:/BW:/SW: to show if they're Feral/Battle/Support class..
Daemon Knights can choose between the three types.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
IJW Wartrader wrote:

Now updated for 1.275, and fixed a few more bugs while I was at it.
Titan Weapon names now start with FW:/BW:/SW: to show if they're Feral/Battle/Support class..
Daemon Knights can choose between the three types.

Great! Can imagine it's all a bit of a hassle to get to work. Have more changes in the pipeline for 1.3, but I'm holding off a bit with releasing it until I can get a few more playtests in.

Just bought an extra Imperator off of Ebay, hopefully they'll prove useful and interesting to play with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A bit of a hassle, but I've also been using it to learn more about how Armyforge is set up. :)

Theoretically it would even be possible to set it up so that each faction of Titan would be limited to their own weapons and the appropriate Undivided weapons, but it would mean listing each variation of Titan class and faction in the list of formations, so five Emperors, five Warlords etc. :(

For your batrep, your conclusions are pretty close to what I'd suspected - without the massed firepower of the EpicUK AMTL list they don't have as much firepower as expected, but excel in assaults.

For pure Nurgle it's slightly different as they've got some heavier firepower available (notably 60cm 12BP Disrupt available on the Emperor and 30cm 12BP IC Disrupt on pairs of Warhounds), but there's then the slowness and lack of Tripling to deal with...

When writing mono-faction lists, are you having trouble with the BTS? As the Chosen of Chaos upgrade isn't available on faction Titans, twin Reavers as a starting point automatically means two BTS formations, so it pushes you towards a Reaver and a Warlord.

Anyway, I hope to get a game in some time this month, probably using this 'go big or go home' list:

Ferals Plague Tower, 5 Activations + Daemon Pool
2995 POINTS
Chaos Feral Titans (NetEA v1.26)

CARRION LORD EMPEROR TITAN [1050] (this will be using my massive oversize Plague Tower built from a Dystopian Wars mobile airstrip)
Greater Daemon Possession, Faction: Nurgle (1 Head), Void Head (Undivided, Head), Heretek Shrine (Undivided, Carapace), 2 Rot Cannon (Nurgle, Arm or Carapace), 2 Support Heavy Plague Mortar (Nurgle, Arm or Carapace)

RAVAGER REAVER TITAN [600]
Faction: Nurgle (1 Head), Void Head (Undivided, Head), Rot Cannon (Nurgle, Arm or Carapace), Plague Flail (Nurgle, Arm), Corruption Cannon (Nurgle, Carapace)

FERAL WARHOUND TITAN [300]
Faction: Nurgle, 2 Feral Pus Cannon (Nurgle, Arm & Carapace)

FERAL WARHOUND TITAN PACK [550]
Faction: Nurgle, 4 Feral Pus Cannon (Nurgle, Arm & Carapace)

CHAOS KNIGHT [300]
3 Chaos Knights, Faction: Nurgle (Decayer Wardens)

DAEMON POOL [195]
13 Lesser Deamon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
For your batrep, your conclusions are pretty close to what I'd suspected - without the massed firepower of the EpicUK AMTL list they don't have as much firepower as expected, but excel in assaults.

Yeah, I hope to try a Slaanesh Carrion Lord next time, should be able to get some real range. The minor formations become a lot more dangerous and durable with daemons.

Quote:
For pure Nurgle it's slightly different as they've got some heavier firepower available (notably 60cm 12BP Disrupt available on the Emperor and 30cm 12BP IC Disrupt on pairs of Warhounds), but there's then the slowness and lack of Tripling to deal with...

Yeah, Nurgle's got serious firepower and pretty good range. Thinking of maybe buffing the Feral "Boil Cannon" as it's maybe underpowered compared to the Pus Cannon.

Quote:
When writing mono-faction lists, are you having trouble with the BTS? As the Chosen of Chaos upgrade isn't available on faction Titans, twin Reavers as a starting point automatically means two BTS formations, so it pushes you towards a Reaver and a Warlord.

Yeah, it's by design. In the E-UK AMTL you *have to* buy a Warlord. In CTL one can go with 2 Reavers if one likes to maximize activations, but at the cost of having 2 BTS (unless Undivided of course). This also makes it possible to buy 2 Lords of Battles or 3 Death Wheels.

Maybe this is too harsh, and the penalty of not being able to get a Supreme Commander is enough of an incentive to buy Warlords. Would be very easy to extend to option of "Chosen of Chaos" to all factions. I'll think about it.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope to get a game in some time this month, probably using this 'go big or go home' list:

Go big or go home indeed... Will be interesting to see the outcome! The Plaguehounds should be some really powerful formations, both in close range shooting and when reinforced by daemons in an engage. Nurgle looks to be able to bring a completely different level of toughness. None of your formations will be particularly easy to take out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mrdiealot wrote:
Yeah, Nurgle's got serious firepower and pretty good range. Thinking of maybe buffing the Feral "Boil Cannon" as it's maybe underpowered compared to the Pus Cannon.

Maybe add AT6+?

Mrdiealot wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, it's by design. In the E-UK AMTL you *have to* buy a Warlord. In CTL one can go with 2 Reavers if one likes to maximize activations, but at the cost of having 2 BTS (unless Undivided of course). This also makes it possible to buy 2 Lords of Battles or 3 Death Wheels.

Maybe this is too harsh, and the penalty of not being able to get a Supreme Commander is enough of an incentive to buy Warlords. Would be very easy to extend to option of "Chosen of Chaos" to all factions. I'll think about it.

It's probably OK anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next