Death Guard v0.4

Post subject: Re: Death Guard v0.4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A couple of suggestions, feel free to use or ignore as you wish :D

Change the wording of nurgles rot from
Quote:
It affects any enemy formation assaulting or assaulted by the formation with Nurgle's Rot

to
Quote:
It affects any enemy formation assaulting or assaulted by one or more formations with Nurgle's Rot

or similar.

Chosen:
Personally I think they shouldn't have the attached character, and should just be 4 scouting units acting forward on their own. Possibly with a small points reduction to 175.

Real life means that I'm not getting any batreps done, but I hope I can in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Matty_C wrote:
A couple of suggestions, feel free to use or ignore as you wish :D

Change the wording of nurgles rot from
Quote:
It affects any enemy formation assaulting or assaulted by the formation with Nurgle's Rot

to
Quote:
It affects any enemy formation assaulting or assaulted by one or more formations with Nurgle's Rot

or similar.

Chosen:
Personally I think they shouldn't have the attached character, and should just be 4 scouting units acting forward on their own. Possibly with a small points reduction to 175.

Real life means that I'm not getting any batreps done, but I hope I can in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

+1 to that wording of Nurgle's Rot.

As for Chosen, are other Chaos lists with or without the character? I'd say the list should go with whatever is already common for consistency's sake.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

+2 for Nurgle's Rot wording. Although what about changing it a little bit more, in a way that allows avoiding the awkward note about Terminator and Daemon Prince formations having Nurgle's Rot? (the upgrade would then become "All units in the formation gain Nurgle's Rot")

Quote:
It affects any enemy formation assaulting or assaulted by one or more formations containing units with Nurgle's Rot.

And it looks like Chosen don't have characters (or the option to get them) in either the BL or EC lists. I'll third removing the character for consistency's sake. 175 should still be a reasonable price for 4-strong Fearless Scouting marines. You might also create a unit "Plague Marine Chosen" the same way that the other Chaos lists have "Chaos Space Marine Chosen."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks all for the Nurgle's Rot wording suggestions!

For the Chosen I'd been working from the World Eaters Chosen Retinue which is four World Eaters Chosen and a character upgrade. Scout is mentioned in the army list rather than the unit summary a la Red Corsairs as the unit summary sheets had been getting over-full. But that's just a layout issue.

Four DG Chosen for 175pt could work, but I'm slightly wary of being able to do straight swaps of non-scoring Plague Zombie Infestations for scoring Scouting Plague Marines for the same price.