0.3.1 is up in the first post, ready for the weekend. Notable ChangesUnit Change
- Plague Ship changed to a single formation of 2D6+3 Plague Zombies after the barrage, applying Teleport rules.
Rolling for BMs should make it OK to keep the Plague Ship at 200pt, but obviously playtest feedback will be appreciated.Unit Change
- Grave Warden Terminator Alchemical Weapons name change and upgraded to give a 15cm ranged attack, also Ignore Cover.
As mentioned up-thread, I've tweaked the Grave Wardens to have Ignore Cover on their 'Alchemical Launchers' Small Arms Extra Attack, and given them a 15cm AP4+ Ignore Cover ranged weapon.Additional Unit
- an experimental Nurgling Swarm added to the Daemon Pool.
v4 of the Nurgling idea has been added to the PDF for testing. I've called them Nurgling Swarms to distinguish them from the Ghallamore Incursion version of the unit.Additional Unit
- Death Guard Assault Dreadnought loses all ranged AT in return for Heavy Alchemical Launchers.
A slightly revised version of the close quarters Dread idea has been added to the PDF for testing. This uses a longer range version of the Grave Warden's Alchemical Launchers and replaces the Twin Autocannon completely. So it now has no AT capability outside of assaults, but has an EA MW in base contact or an EA Ignore Cover in Firefights or supporting fire. I can see this getting used with Terminators as an actual garrison instead of always teleporting them in. Upgrade Change
- if a Daemon Prince replaces the Lord of pestilence, he gains the Supreme Commander ability.
Just to make it clear that you can put them both on the same unit.Army Rule Addition
- Implacable Advance now adds a +1 modifier for Marshal actions.
As discussed up-thread. A Deathwing-style 'all formations count as having a Leader' ability would be more fitting, but this is tried and tested and makes it easier for players when swapping between NetEA and EpicUK lists.SUMMARY
This now sees all major changes and ideas included in the PDF. Obviously the new units and formation (Beasts of Nurgle, Nurgling Swarms, DG Dreads, DG Assault Dreads, Vindicator formation) are likely to see tweaks based on playtest experience, but I think this is pretty final in terms of new stuff.Walker note
- now that there are two Dreadnought variants, three Defiler variants looks excessive. Unless anyone makes an impassioned defence, the standard Defiler will probably
be removed as an option. They do go well with Plague Towers, but Plague Towers don't really need the help...