Login |  Register |  FAQ

[Experimental] New Chaos Feral Titan List

Post subject: Re: [Experimental] New Chaos Feral Titan List
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I guess this took the place of the Chaos Titan list, which makes sense. I have a fairly regular group and I hope to add some notes. I just hope my opposition stops crying into their milk about not have Warlords available (They only use the FW-style amazeballs titans.)

Given my druthers, the Chaos Mark of Tzeentch would extend the range of weapons by 5 cm and cost 100 points. I don't know if Void Shields are very fluffy. I will definitely try this out soon. I have all the titans one could want for this list....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Has anyone taken up AC-ship of this list? It would be great to see it start up again!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

parrot1696 wrote:
I guess this took the place of the Chaos Titan list, which makes sense. I have a fairly regular group and I hope to add some notes. I just hope my opposition stops crying into their milk about not have Warlords available (They only use the FW-style amazeballs titans.)

Given my druthers, the Chaos Mark of Tzeentch would extend the range of weapons by 5 cm and cost 100 points. I don't know if Void Shields are very fluffy. I will definitely try this out soon. I have all the titans one could want for this list....

I see where you're going w/ the +5cm but that's such a minute difference I dont see how it could be worth the 100pts. Maybe +15 to 30 or better ff?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LeCacty wrote:
parrot1696 wrote:

I see where you're going w/ the +5cm but that's such a minute difference I dont see how it could be worth the 100pts. Maybe +15 to 30 or better ff?

For a warlord that is advancing, that's a significant increase in the area it can threaten.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Even with the lack of MW or TK I think these are a bit overpowered.

For the price of a standard Warlord (825) I can have a Move of 20cm (or 10DC) and auto break any non-heavily reinforced formation in the game other than another Battle Titan at 45cm (4 Hex Blasters do 18.48 hits - that's 5 Dead Russ with 6 BMs or 5 Damage and 6 BMs and a broken SHT Co.). Or for 785 pts. I can do 3 Template 5 BM Barrages at 45cm and still do 10 hits in CC (with 10DC).

The Imperial Titan list is better at Long range and both the Imperial and Ork Titans will pillage these at CC due to TK weapons, but the Chaos Titans are much, much better at Medium ranges. While no long range weapons make some sense, you need to have some short range or CC TK in the list. I would probably tone down the Medium range stuff slightly as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This list is old, please see mrdiealot's current one here: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=32062

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any chance of having the Chaos Warhound being available as a pair?

I noticed that the longest range of weaponry is 60cm. That seems OK for titans of the Warhound class but Reaver, and Warlord class titan weapons should have at least a 75cm range option preferable a 90cm range weapon for the Carrion Lord which is slow, and cumbersome.

None of the Chaos Titan close combat weapons has the MW or TK rule! They should have this, as you seem to have reduced their effectiveness at range, so they should be more potent at close quarters to compensate.

I noticed that the Carrion lord (aka Emperor class titan) only has 4 void shields, is this a typo? By rights it should have somewhere around 10 to 12 void shields.

The Chaos Titans do not seem to have the benefit of the Imperials void shields that can be powered back up at the end of the turn, or if you Marshal. I did notice that the Chaos Titans are less costly to buy, and that their weapons are cheaper, but it still seems way easier to kill off a Chaos Titan than the Imperial equivalent, and you can do it while keeping out of their much shorter ranges.

I think with the restrictions on formations like Death Wheels, Chaos Knights, being 3 per 2 Titan formations, perhaps the Warhounds can be relocated to the core formations, and introduce other Chaos Daemon engines to the Lesser Titan formations. Units like the Doom Blaster, the Blood Slaughterer, the Cannon of Khorne, Caulrdron of Blood, Brass Scorpion, Tower of Tzeentch, Plague Tower, Khorne Tower of Skulls, and so on.

The list is a little light with AA, especially ground based. Only Helltalons and Obliterators get it. Perhaps the Soul Grinders who get an AA attack in 40K could get it as well.

All in all the list looks like it offers a good deal of optional builds, especially with the range of support and lesser titan formations. I can not see the list being able to field many formations though. You should be able to have a nice large titan or 2 like a reaver or warlord backed up by warhounds, and then a plethora of support infantry - cultists and chaos marines, defilers and obliterators, with a selection of Daemon engines/ Lesser Titans to round the list out, backed this all up with a spacecraft and some aircraft like Helltalons, Hellblades, Doomwings, and Helldrakes. Each aircraft can have a purpose. For example, the Helldrake would be a dedicated a ground attack IC flame attack unit

With these options, you can make you list up with weaker easily killed off formations to get numbers, have a few semi-strong formations like daemon engines/ lesser titans to provide a small mobile punch and use the larger titans to act as area strong points on the table.

Perhaps theme the list so you can choose aircraft or war engines based on the Chaos marks you give the larger titans. Example I take a Warlord class titan and give it the mark of Slaanesh, I can then take up to 2 of the Lesser Titan/Daemon Engines who are slaanesh engines - Slaanesh Daemon Knights. perhaps offer the whole gambit of slaanesh daemon knights. They have 3 different knights.

For example:

Lesser Titans Daemon Engines
Khorne - Greater Daemon Engines chosen from (Tower of Skulls, Blood Slaughterer, Doom Blaster, Cannon of Khorne, Brass Scorpion, Cauldron of Blood); Lord of Battles
Slaanesh - Daemon Knights chosen from (Hellstrider, Hellknight, Hellscourge); Questor Titan; Subjugator Titan
Nurgle - Contagion Plague Engine; Plague Tower
Tzeentch - Silver Towers; Warp Palace

The greater Daemon Engines/Daemon Knights can be mixed and matched but you pay the appropriate points for each one taken. There should be a limit of say 4 in a formation.

These are just Ideas I thought would bring the list back to how it was when Chaos Epic had mass hordes of troops and defilers, with lots of lesser war engines surrounding the larger titans. Also it makes each list different. You may want to have a Khorne + Tzeentch list, or a Slaanesh + Khorne list, or even a Khorne + Undivided list. or mix them all up.

Take what you need form these ideas, and see if they can work into the list, or just ignore them. I thought they would make things interesting.

I just noticed the link to the supposedly newer list. Which is the current list being developed?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Again, the other newer list has replaced this one. This one hasn't been updated since November 2015.