Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Thousand Sons 6.0

Post subject: Re: Thousand Sons 6.0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Awww, crap. I started a post and went to do something for work and timed out without realizing it. Lost it all.

Quick recap:

Neophytes - For a Scout, area denial formation, I would always take the Icon. 200 points is 9 scouts with 2x Leader for solid rallying. Probably okay but worth trying to powergame, imho.

Champion/GD summoning - This did not work in Black Legion. No one took the GD. 4d3 is not enough to be reliable and it's a lot of points to be unreliable. That was the reason the Champion sac mechanic was invented. 5d3 or a guarantee is probably needed.

Scarab Occult (from a fluff question earlier) - This is straight out of the Thousand Sons novel. As I recall (and I could be wrong), they were the guys wearing Terminator armor and it implied they were the inner circle of the Sekhmet, the elite of the elite.

There is a 40K Scarab Occult Terminator formation but from a quick skim it looks like it may be Rubric. if that's the case, just shift names around accordingly. it's not like the TSons fluff doesn't have plenty of nomenclature options for an Adeptus formation.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You are right about most parts.

Droping the Icon and the possibility to summon on the neophyte would solve the problem of 2 leader. The 9 scouts that can do no harm but are in the way, seams not to be much of a problem at the moment.

The Greater Daemon is not much chosen because the flamer is nearly always the better buy.

My pueppchenspieler blog

Building a House Devine Army

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Guessing there is a typo error for the terminators unit. Says that only the Sup commander can be upgraded to a deamon prince. Khorne, Nurgle, and Slaanesh get a leader character that can just be upgraded OR you can just add a deamon prince to the terminators.

Will play it as you can just make the terminator leader character a daemon prince, but wanted to bring it to attention

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The other lists can only swap the unit the character is in for a Daemon Prince unit, they can't add a DO to tthe h formation.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
The other lists can only swap the unit the character is in for a Daemon Prince unit, they can't add a DO to tthe h formation.

Right,

So Nurgle can take 4 units of Termies, add 50 points and get a Demon Prince at the loss of 1 terminator stand.

The supreme commander remains separate. Same goes for Slaanesh and Khorne.

Thousand Sons only the sup commander can be replaced by a Demon Prince. Seems like this is an error. Id much rather get my Demon Prince in a separate unit then my lord( or have them as separate formations for that matter)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, you appeared to be saying that a DP could be added as an additional unit in the other factions, which isn't the case.

As far as I'm aware, it's intentional that in Thousand Sons only the Supreme Commander can be a Daemon Prince, that's inherited from older versions of the army list and I believe is a background-based restriction.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hi thank you for asking and sorry my email notification seams to have a bug.

To answer your question yes it was intended to only let the sorcerer lord get the upgrade to the daemon prince and still is.

And yes the normal Thousand Sons Sorcerer is a character which is put on a regular stand as an add on. The Thousand Sons Sorcerer lord is a infantry stand. In the case of the scarab occult it is 6 stands, 5 Thousand Sons Adeptus stands and the Lord stand.

cheers

ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ole wrote:
hi thank you for asking and sorry my email notification seams to have a bug.

To answer your question yes it was intended to only let the sorcerer lord get the upgrade to the daemon prince and still is.

And yes the normal Thousand Sons Sorcerer is a character which is put on a regular stand as an add on. The Thousand Sons Sorcerer lord is a infantry stand. In the case of the scarab occult it is 6 stands, 5 Thousand Sons Adeptus stands and the Lord stand.

cheers

ole

I guess I still don't understand why? Why give them a handicap that the other 3 don't have to have?

What does doing that bring to the game besides "because it was like that from previous editions".

Is it saying Thousand sons have better rules/units so that is why its being done?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is probably completely a lack of reading comprehension on my part, but I cant see where it was changed:

I suck at making lists, so rely on 'borrowing them' or getting them from folk on here. I'm currently painting a 1k sons force for someone that doesn't game, but has offered to learn the game if I provided a painted force. So I nabbed a minigeddon list from somewhere to work off:

RUBRIC FELLOWSHIP [350]
Sorcerer, 6 Thousand Sons Marines units.
1 Deceiver

THOUSAND SONS ARMOR [300]
4 Land Raider

RUBRIC FELLOWSHIP [350]
1 Deceiver

But I chucked it into the armyforge and I cant see the upgrade for adding Deceivers to the Rubrics, have they been removed in an update, or is it a forge mistake?

I only ask as I'm about to put a large order in with vanguard and buying several small armies as once, but trying to limit it too the exact minis I need (to squeeze some more forces from my buy!) and keep loosing track on what I actually need to buy!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RexHavoc wrote:
This is probably completely a lack of reading comprehension on my part, but I cant see where it was changed:

I suck at making lists, so rely on 'borrowing them' or getting them from folk on here. I'm currently painting a 1k sons force for someone that doesn't game, but has offered to learn the game if I provided a painted force. So I nabbed a minigeddon list from somewhere to work off:

RUBRIC FELLOWSHIP [350]
1 Deceiver

THOUSAND SONS ARMOR [300]
4 Land Raider

RUBRIC FELLOWSHIP [350]
1 Deceiver

But I chucked it into the armyforge and I cant see the upgrade for adding Deceivers to the Rubrics, have they been removed in an update, or is it a forge mistake?

I Rex, the Deceiver as an update was removed form the Rubric because of the suppression rule. Remember that the Rubric can't shoot so one Blastmarker and your expense deceiver can't shoot.

Minigeddon for 1Ksons is always hard i would go for:
RUBRIC FELLOWSHIP [355]
Sorcerer, 6 Thousand Sons Marines units., 3 Rhino, Daemonic Pact

SILVER TOWER COMPANY [325]
4 Silver Tower

SEKHMET DISC RIDERS [270]
6 Disc Rider, Daemonic Pact

THOUSAND SONS DAEMON POOL [45]
3 Lesser Daemons (Horror, Screamer, Flamer and Daemonic Beast units)

It provides faster units and the silver tower have more fire power but less armor than land raider.

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks very much Ole. Last time I played a game, it was demos in store for epic 40k release, so E:A rules tend to drop out my head like melted butter!

Thanks for an updated army list. Having something to follow is making painting a hell of a lot easier to finish, as I can tick stuff off as its done. I have almost all of that painted up too, just a quick rebasing to update older minis and that will be 1k points done. Except the silver towers, only thing I dont have any of.

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Don´t know if it will help or if this list is still being worked on but made a battle report of a game against this list at 1500 points, on the second post of the thread. If it doesn´t help at least you can enjoy reading it!

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33459

The conclusions and thoughts are on the battle report.

Last edited by Abetillo on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you for the report!

Looks like you had a good time. Is the TS Player on this forum as well?

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Jepp, he´s fibser.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, it was a nice play, but i felt that it was maybe too obvious of a weakness but I am not talking here about easy or hard to beat: shoot at the softer parts and keep the rest broken while the smaller parts of the army go for the objectives, at least with the list he took and even if he were to take more activations.

Other thing that concerned me is that several formations have a big sign on them saying ''never assault'' like the Terminators or the Deceivers with their huge number of powerful attacks and high toughness (even though the cost is adequate). Combined with the normal infantry resilience, means that several assault geared armies will have a very bad time against this army, maybe too bad but that's up to say after testing more. I had not much problem in that regard as mine was shooting based but i will report next time i play against them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next