Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BLACK LEGION CHANGES FOR ARMYBOOK

Post subject: Re: BLACK LEGION CHANGES FOR ARMYBOOK
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MikeT wrote:
Borka wrote:
Parintachin wrote:
Hey Steve.

Are these changes to be implemented to the Lost & the Damned list as well, and do we have an army champ for that list I could go to for details?

Thanks.

Hi Steve!

I assume the answer to the above quoted question is yes. But I don't think you actually answered it. So I'd like to ask again.
(I'm thinking of which army will be my next project after tyranids. And the keeping or taking away of the faction rule for instance effects my list building)

Secondly is the demagogue to be considered sacrificeable like the marine chaos champion?

My experimental Lost and the Damned redux list contains the Daemon summoning changes.

'Course, it doesn't contain any traitor guard bits, so if you really want them as well, that won't help you.

I'd really like an answer to this question. I guess it's not you who decides Steve since you haven't answered.

Who is the Army Champion for the current approved LatD list? Would that be you Mike?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

At a tournament today with Mike so I'll discuss tonight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks mate!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve54 wrote:
At a tournament today with Mike so I'll discuss tonight

Did you have time to do this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

He reckoned he has already changed the list to match the Black Legion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:49 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'll check, but as far as I know, I copied the new daemonic summoning rules wholesale from the new Black Legion list direct into the Lost and the Famned redux list; that was certainly the intention.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not sure if I am the right person to answer anything Borka but in the new Tournament Pack the Stigmatus still have the faction rule but the same summoning rules as Black Legion. They cannot sacrifice anyone unfortunately :)
To my knowledge no one is the AC for the Approved list and some people spoke out very loudly when there was talk of changes thus the LotD Redux list instead...

Or did you really want to know about the redux list?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
Not sure if I am the right person to answer anything Borka but in the new Tournament Pack the Stigmatus still have the faction rule but the same summoning rules as Black Legion. They cannot sacrifice anyone unfortunately :)
Actually it hasn't been updated if you check the recently released online tournament pack, then you'll see that the only thing that has been updated is the adding of demonic focus to the greater daemons. I suspect this isn't actually an update, but rather a spillover from the fact that they share the units templates/files with the black legion list.

The cost for daemons have not been updated. The faction rule is still in place. The rules for daemonic pact (granting a free unit) have not been updated. Sacrifice have not been implemented.

uvenlord wrote:
To my knowledge no one is the AC for the Approved list and some people spoke out very loudly when there was talk of changes thus the LotD Redux list instead...
Ok that's unfortunate. Then there's no one to actually give an answer to this question by me and Parintachin. And yeah I followed that discussion... :)

MikeT wrote:
I'll check, but as far as I know, I copied the new daemonic summoning rules wholesale from the new Black Legion list direct into the Lost and the Famned redux list; that was certainly the intention.
uvenlord wrote:

Thanks for your answer Mike. :) I'm actually interested to know about the approved list. It's the one I prefer and would like to play.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Borka wrote:
uvenlord wrote:
Actually it hasn't been updated if you check the recently released online tournament pack, then you'll see that the only thing that has been updated is the adding of demonic focus to the greater daemons. I suspect this isn't actually an update, but rather a spillover from the fact that they share the units templates/files with the black legion list.

The cost for daemons have not been updated. The faction rule is still in place. The rules for daemonic pact (granting a free unit) have not been updated. Sacrifice have not been implemented.

uvenlord wrote:
Ok that's unfortunate. Then there's no one to actually give an answer to this question by me and Parintachin. And yeah I followed that discussion... :)

MikeT wrote:
uvenlord wrote:

Thanks for your answer Mike. :) I'm actually interested to know about the approved list. It's the one I prefer and would like to play.
Then it looks like we are after the same thing :)
Perhaps we could start a new tread and call for the Stigmatus to be blessed with its own thread so we could discuss these things. AC right now according to this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=69&t=15836 ) is Steve54 and Tiny-Tim in some kind of joint effort.
(and btw I never said the rules was updated just the same as Black legion ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:13 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think Steve54 has been pretty clear in his intentions, no further changes or development on the stigmatus coven list, all new development is going on the Redux list which MikeT is heading up.... so the stigmatus list is effectively frozen as-is....

(Please correct me if I'm wrong Steve)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Why not try the Redux list, Borka? I found the 0.2 version quite appealing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nitpick wrote:
Why not try the Redux list, Borka? I found the 0.2 version quite appealing.

I prefer the mixed cultist/guard theme.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
I think Steve54 has been pretty clear in his intentions, no further changes or development on the stigmatus coven list, all new development is going on the Redux list which MikeT is heading up.... so the stigmatus list is effectively frozen as-is....

(Please correct me if I'm wrong Steve)
So if the changes to Black legion is "approved" we will have two sets of rules concerning summoning etc.? Can't we at least update the coven?
The Legion of the Damned Redux is a nice approach but still different from the Stigmatus list, as Borka points out. The Codex Marine list was not frozen when someone started developing the Space Wolfs...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes Steve if you're the LatD (approved version) army champion then I'd kindly ask that you update the summoning rules and costs for the list. I do think these two list (BL and LatD) should have the same rules (and costs) for summoning.

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question........but which black legion list is current? The one in the compendium seems to be older (based on the date at the top of the compendium but then there is a link on this site to a list updated in December which has a few extra rules (sacrifice) and different points for warlords etc.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just want to make sure I am using the right list/ know where to find them if there is an event coming up.

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next