Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Iron Warriors 1.0 - updated list 8th September

Post subject: Re: Iron Warriors 0.2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
For SIege/Ironclad Dreadnought stats you should have a look at the Imperial Fists armylist.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have just sent Steve an editable document for the Iron Warriors as they stand in V0.2.

I have also attached the PDF to this post

The PDF includes everything that Steve has placed up as well as the Dreadnought formation in the assault section. I am still entering in the standard Chaos formations and I would hope to have this done in line with any changes that are advised from discussion on this thread.

I am happy to help out with the consistent updates where required or Steve will update it as he sees fit. I have already received offers for photos of miniatures for a supplement (I think we all know who has some mega kick ass IW minis on these forums) however that is up to Steve whether he wants to do this or not. At this stage, it would be great to get this list to a V1.0 release.

Baby steps :)

Once again, thanks Steve for the list.

Cheers all.

-- edit --
Dreadnought assault formation is now 6 for 300 points - - Approved by Steve54
Chaos Siege Dreadnought - removed Reinforced Armour and added Fearless - Approved by Steve54

Attachments:
File comment: Updated 12/06/2011
IronWarriors02.pdf [41.23 KiB]
Downloaded 344 times

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:28 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Good onya frogbear and thanks again Steve for getting this going.
I'll happily offer any photos I have.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Gang,

Just working my way through creating an army builder using excel, what i dont see is a points cost for Cult Marines in the list. Do they need to have Cult Marines in the list at all, IW are not BL, and I think there is enough variety on the formation with the ability to add additiona Havocs or the IW Assault Marines, peoples thoughts?

There is no Dreadclaw upgrade for the IW Company either.

Again, I would like to raise Steve, why would you add artillery (Basilisks) to a tank formation? I like the Battery and the Company, they are a deffinate, but arty with tanks?

Cheers
Aaron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:56 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Maybe the Dreadnought Assault pack could be reduced to 5 Dreadnoughts (250pts) so that it can fit in the Sieglord Ironfist Assault pod?
Nice to have a transport option for them.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

On holiday at the moment so I'll be addressing everything when I get back on Thursday - 5 dreads sounds like a good idea, I'm open to dropping cult marines

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve,

Enjoy the holiday and I look forward to discussing things with you when you get back.

Cheers
Aaron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Steve,

Have you done any remodelling to the list mate.

Cheers
Aaron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

played a game with this list the other day. 4000pts vs minervans
i didnt take a very optimised list (3 formations of 6 raiders, 2 terminator formations, 1 with a SC, 2 baneblades, 2 artillery formations, helltalons, and a reaver) but the following things stood out pretty immediately:

1) the reaver is TERRIBLE. compared to the imperial reaver (which is cheaper) its firepower is very poor, and its power ram is no enough to make up for it. its fairly safe to say i wont be taking this again. not convinced the seigelord is much better (notably because it trades two of its arms for less than 1 corvus assault pod worth of troops, and 8 is an awkward size for the list) but i'd be more inclined to try it.

2) things break easily. not having lords on the raiders was something i didnt notice till i started to deploy (and had to re-locate my SC into the terminators, a suboptimal choice to be sure) and it meant that compared to the IG army, i was running away all the damn time.

3) no character (and therefore) SC option on the raider/predator formations kinda sucks.

anyway, i got outclassed in basically anything i attempted (his artillery blew mine away pretty much immediately, my helltalons got smashed by his thunderbolts, his tanks shot mine to pieces, and his titan and deathstrikes completely destroyed mine) and a lot of this was me being outplayed (my opponent was new to epic, but not to wargaming in general, so i pointed out a lot of the mistakes i made in time for him to capitalise on them) but the list didnt feel very solid

now i admit that i didnt take infantry in seigeworks, and i certainly didnt take a good list (while his was quite solid) but i really felt like the same list would have worked much better with as skaros loyalist marines instead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
but i really felt like the same list would have worked much better with as skaros loyalist marines instead

Except the Baneblades, I assume? ;)

Night Lords 0.1
My Trade Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:07 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hey Steve: I'm also glad you're working on this. I think this would be a blast to play with an area denial strategy.

In no particular order...

Daemonic Artillery: I agree with the comments of others. They aren't really artillery without indirect fire. They are more like siege cannons or something. That's fine, but I'd say make them arty or rename them. I agree that they seem overpriced at the moment as well, even if you do add IDF.

Raptors: Do the IW really use Raptors? It seems to me a vehicle-based fast attack, like bikes, would make more sense. But I may be missing some background info.

Siegehammer: I would ballpark this at about 250 points, but 275 is definitely close enough to start testing.

AA: The only ground AA is Obliterators. If there is any chaos list with a reasonable claim to an AA vehicle, it seems IW would be the list to have it. Any chance of a Stalker-like option?

Upgrades: A lot of the upgrades have no limit on numbers. Is that intentional? Lots of Dreadnoughts, Vindicators and such if people want them?

Emplacements: Daemonic arty doesn't have IDF at the moment, so they can't use a static position at all. Basilisks already have 5+ save, and Daemonic Artillery has 4+, so there is little armor benefit. Artillery can often deploy in existing cover and there is no cover mod in assaults (a very common way to beat down arty), so the -1 to be hit is of limited benefit. They'd have to be dirt cheap to be worth it.

Armor companies: I'm not quite sure of the purpose of splitting them into Vindicators/all-other-armor. Could there be a single armor formation with all the options (or most of them)?

Daemons: No daemons at all?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

nealhunt wrote:
Daemons: No daemons at all?

From what I understand (I may be incorrect), IW do not summon Daemons.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Now that you mention it, that does ring a bell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

my memory is that the IW have very close ties with the raptor cult, and they generally dont have daemons (except, according to the latest GK FAQ, for obliterators which now count as daemons)

and yes, obviously i'd lose the baneblades, but all they really did anyway was keep his shadowswords busy for a turn. if i'd spent those points on more terminators... (actually thats the other area where it was a bit of a wash, fearless terminators with a free lord that can bulk in number, or ATSKNF terminators with a better SR)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next