Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

World Eaters 3.7 - List Reviewed and Released

Post subject: Re: World Eaters 3.6 - List Reviewed and Released
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

True. I just cannot remember the last time I saw Marines with a Space Ship (if ever) :D

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I haven't had a chance to look yet, mad 80 page document in addition to own job to do last few days and weekend!

But marine spaceships are almost a given at 4000 and even at 3000 people can take them if they fear their is a drop vibe going on. They are after all cheap and even dropping just one formation and the barrage can cause people to do odd things in deployment, not to mention is a form of artillery that can hit the target objective area you want your air assault to go into and prep any formations there nicely :)

Also works well prepping for terminators!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I also forgot to mention that with the force I outlined, all the Chosen that are dropping have Scout. What this invariably does with the drop is place ZoC on large areas of the opponent's deployment zone forcing them to either move or engage (a real hassle for your opponent's support formations).

So even though they are merely formations of 4 units each, the disruption they cause is the real beauty of this 3000 point force

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@ frogbear
Just for confirmation, the dreadclaws are the same as the BL ones, no scatter and no deathwind attack.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

dptdexys wrote:
@ frogbear
Just for confirmation, the dreadclaws are the same as the BL ones, no scatter and no deathwind attack.

That's correct. I do need to place more on that back page I think to be more specific on stuff. All Dreadclaws do not scatter for Epic. The cost difference is to assist with the costing of the base troop (footslogging), and to account for how effective they are up close - a drop for these guys is far more effective than from a Black Legion retinue for example.

I notice the spacecraft transport capacities (as in how many of what) also need to be listed. That's not so much of a big thing howeever as people will just take the number listed as the units or troops which is correct.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just processing this list for the NetEA Army Docs and something came up:

World Eater Bikes are armed with "Khornate Chainaxes" but don't have the +1EA that other units with the same weapon have, is this intentional?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Chroma

They should be the same as standard Chaos Bikers so no EA+1

Good pickup, as the EA would have effected the points - and not in a good way :)

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I've had a look through. The best formation in terms of 'I want that' is definatively the Terminators - 375 points for 6 MWCC2+ and 5 CC2+ attacks is irrisistable. Thats 5 MW and 4 normal hits on average. plus they are festonned with reapers so have vital firepower other parts of the list lack.
Compared to even marine terminators with a chaplain they cost 25 points less and do almost 3 MW hits and 2 normal hits more. That and being a core choice would mean I would be looking at taking around 3 at 3000 points or at the very least 2. Backed up with bikes as the second choice and scouts as the third.
1 berzerker retinue for support - stuff with guns or war engines - and probably also to be an SC formation.
Shed loads of air would complete my theoretical list.

Don't know if their is much incentive to take berzerkers appart from int he 1 berzerker retinue, unless that slaughterfiend formation is actually very good.

Is that the sort of army you had in mind?

My only other point would be a question about how you think this compares to the EpicUK list and stats?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I will look at the Termies again, however remember they do not have Fearless, or Indomitable, or ATSKNF. I will make the comparrison against the Black Legion (4 for 275 etc) and not Space Marines - especially with their Chaplain who offers +1 on the combat resolution.

I am not too fussed with the army above as you probably are sitting on 8 activations? From my games, these guys are pretty beat up after most assaults and spend turns attempting to regroup to remove those pesky BM.

Incentive to take Berzerkers? I would think that they would be a necessity for any drop force. Then again there is always the option (my very first game with World Eaters) of taking Land Raiders and Marching them up a table :P I do think I got lucky that game however... I think a few games will show what lists are being taken and whether there are any concerns in this regard.

EpicUK list? I will look at it again, however from what I remember it did not jump out at me. It seemed to be a Black Legion with Khorne thorwn throughout - I may be wrong so I will look again. I wanted the World Eaters to be different and iconic against a 'Khornate' Chaos force in some respects.

So I will look at all the above items TRC and come back when I get a minute to breath :)

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have reviewed the World Eaters Terminator formation against the Black Legion.

After all the calculations which I am not going to go into here right now, I concur with TRCs findings that the Terminators are underpriced.

I have two options:

1. I could reduce them down to 4 terminators in the starting formation, reduce their cost by 25 points (350 points). This I feel would place them almost on a par with the Black Legion who would have slightly more attacks for the points costs, and a better FF stat. World Eaters have a bonus to their Charge which is pretty good in itself. There is also the fact that because of the lower FF, a formation of 4 could be reduced further to 325 points. (?)

2. Keep the formation as it is and increase the cost by 50 points

Obviously the 2nd option is cleaner. I just need to determine how it will effect army selection and what it does to activations.

TRC. If you are reading this, does any of the above alleviate any concerns? Which choice out of the options do you favour?

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Still reviewing this list due to the following:

Terminators:
Armies made with them (at 425 points) usually have about 9 activations (2 of which are air formations in one list). That is without maxing out the Chosen and Possessed which in themselves are small formations anyway. This is a little concerning as a ground based attack will struggle with so few activations. Then again, that 50-75 points (Terminator pricing considerations) will not really change this either.

In comparrison, an drop assault force with the same 2 Hellblade activations was made with 12 activations and was quite competitive. It even had a host of Daemons to summon. So it is no secret that the list caters for the drop which is in line with how World Eaters are portrayed.

The Mud Army:
I will however attempt to boost the ground attack by possibly easing the restriction on the support options to being 4 per Berserker Retinue taken as it will encourage the use of formations that would otherwise not be taken (Juggers, Bloodpack).

Everything else
It all seems pretty tight at present so I am happy with it. If I was to really think of any addition, it would be an armoured formation (Predators and Land Raiders) however I would really have to consider:
1. Whether they detract from the current theme of the list
2. Whether their role is not already handled by the Daemon Assault Engines, Defilers, and Daemon Support Engines.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Leave the ordinary tanks out for now. The Daemon Engines etc are very fluffy. Let's see if they cannot handle the job of tanks on their own for now?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ares wrote:
Leave the ordinary tanks out for now. The Daemon Engines etc are very fluffy. Let's see if they cannot handle the job of tanks on their own for now?

Agree

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

First page has been updated with a revised version to World Eaters V3.6.1

Changes
- Terminators reduced to four units as a base formation for 350 points (lost a unit and reduced by 25 points)
- Upgrades increased to four selections per World Eaters Berserker Retinue (increased from 2 selections)

Hoping this will be the stable list till examples or playtests show otherwise.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Jolly good! Thanks for all your work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next